RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Complete PC engine CD IFU setups and recapped Duo systems for sale.

Started by Keith Courage, 05/20/2014, 09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khyron65

LOL! Hey Keith I just saw this thread! Its funny I found you through other means. Now Im super stoked! Cant wait till some DUOs become available! You do great work!

shabba

Quote from: khyron65 on 03/31/2016, 02:57 PMLOL! Hey Keith I just saw this thread! Its funny I found you through other means. Now Im super stoked! Cant wait till some DUOs become available! You do great work!
That he does. I got my Duo-R from him and I love it. I was so impressed that I sent him my Express to recap. His work is fantastic.
-Colin
Old enough to be your dad. Just ask your mom.

nugs1987

I just wanted to come and give praise to Keith Courage, my briefcase set up with RGB mod is superb and I love it!. Thanks for answering all my questions along the way!

-Daniel

Trenton_net

This is more of an update question, but are you now able to wire briefcase setups for JPN-21 pin RGB (compatible with xRGB Mini Framemisters)?

Keith Courage

Sure, I don't see why I couldn't just re-wire the scart cable like this.
 IMG

However, most people I've dealt with use a Euro style connectors for their framemeister. Also, I could even make a cable that goes directly from the system to the framemeister. Meaning no scart junction needed in between.

fraggore

I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

wildfruit

Mine is at o'hare airport! Can't wait.
Edit: the duo has landed. Tested a bit of ys quickly. Picture quality is amazing. Much better than the briefcase I had. Duo is very quiet too. Much impressed.
Thanks Keith!IMGIMG

musicman130

Received my duo yesterday from KC and played it all night.  Picture and sound is great with CD's and Hue Cards even with the regular composite out. System looks and plays great.  Highly recommend KC for the systems!

bob

Keith, not sure if you heard it, but you got a small shout out on a recent retronaughts podcast.

Keith Courage

Quote from: gynt on 04/24/2016, 01:37 PMKeith, not sure if you heard it, but you got a small shout out on a recent retronaughts podcast.
I did not know. That's fantastic!!!

RetroGamerZach

Looking for a good working, untouched unmodded PC Engine IFU-30 CD-ROM 2. With everything intact CDROM and Hucard reader cables , controllers and system card or arcade pro card. Message me with pictures!
RGZ

hyrulebr

Quote from: wildfruit on 04/10/2016, 12:04 PMPicture quality is amazing. Much better than the briefcase I had. Duo is very quiet too. Much impressed.
Which connection did you use with both models? There is a difference in picture quality between various pc engine models? I was thinking that all is the same using the same cable (RGB X RGB = the same quality).

wildfruit

Quote from: hyrulebr on 05/09/2016, 03:19 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 04/10/2016, 12:04 PMPicture quality is amazing. Much better than the briefcase I had. Duo is very quiet too. Much impressed.
Which connection did you use with both models? There is a difference in picture quality between various pc engine models? I was thinking that all is the same using the same cable (RGB X RGB = the same quality).
I mean it's had a better refurb job done on it. My old briefcase had some (but not much) interference on it, especially on a dark loading screen but this duo from KC has no such problem. There will also be differences in the quality of the rgb mod as there are several methods, some better than others.

Astronaut_79

My RGB modded Duo arrived from Keith on Friday. It was very clean, quiet and works great! It was an absolute pleasure to deal with such a knowledgeable and honest seller. He even refunded part of my shipping cost, as it was less than expected. All of my questions and concerns were quickly addressed. I could not be more pleased. Thanks for an excellent buying experience, I am extremely grateful. =D>
What a horrible night to have a curse...

Johnpv

I posted on his Facebook page but forgot to here.  A few weeks back Keith rgb modded, recapped, and fixed the laser issues I was having on my Duo.  He was awesome about keeping me updated, and making sure everything was working perfectly.  He did an amazing job and the system looks unbelievable in RGB.  Keith did an amazing job, can't thank him enough!

gheebee

Quote from: gheebee on 11/30/2015, 04:14 PMThe only problem I had was with my Turbo Everdrive v2.1 but I really can't say this as a negative against the system I received given what we know about these drives; just mentioning this for those who have this version.
Just figured I'd mention that what I say here is no longer the case. Keith recently installed a S-Video mod in my Duo and while he was at it he applied his region mod fix for Everdrives and now my v2.1 is working just fine! I wasn't expecting this but it is much appreciated and the fact that he just did it speaks volumes to the level of service you get when you deal with him. Thanks again! The S-Video mod is looking great too!

mitsuman

edamame

Got a briefcase with RGB and region mod! Thanks Keith!

PCECDIFU.webp

Killjoyy027

I just wanted to thank Keith , I got my SCD back RGB modded and it looks amazing on my HD TV amazing job!

wildfruit

Ashevent

I wanted to thank Keith as well,

My Region and RGB modded Duo arrived a few days ago from Keith and I couldn't be happier. I've played some US cards & both Japanese/US CD's. They all worked great and looked amazing through the Scart cable!

Thanks again.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1900ehdu8/

junkergunstar84

Will you have any duos up for sale in the near future I was planning on buying one already modded for RGB.

Keith Courage

Yes I have some for sale. I'm about a week backed up on getting these ready for people but I do have them. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I haven't been checking the sales threads lately. PM Sent.

schnuth

I sent Keith my briefcase S-video setup I bought from him a few years back to get RGB upgraded. Of course he does amazing work, and of course my PCE games have never looked so good. :) Thanks again Keith! Everyone send this man your business. You won't be disappointed.

Keith Courage

Just thought I'd post a pic of my latest cleaned/re-whitened system to entice anyone else who may be interested. CD drive has new gearing as well as having other general maintenance done. Upgraded S-video port installed as well. This particular setup is already spoken for but I have more on hand. I'm about a week and a half backed up on getting more of these ready. I have some DUOs on hand as well.

IMG

Bunta714

Quote from: Keith Courage on 12/10/2017, 09:52 PMJust thought I'd post a pic of my latest cleaned/re-whitened system to entice anyone else who may be interested. CD drive has new gearing as well as having other general maintenance done. Upgraded S-video port installed as well. I'm about a week and a half backed up on getting more of these ready. I have some DUOs on hand as well.

IMG
Hi Keith,

I'm interested in the IFU system. Going to send you a PM now with some questions.

tbone3969

Systems look great as usual Keith.  I recently picked one up from you and was amazed how white it was.  Also plays great as expected.  Keep your eyes open for any Turbo DUO or Super CDRom-2 systems for me.

Thanks.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Keith Courage

Just giving this thread a bump. I have a RGB modded PC Engine duo, Coregrafx II with Super CD-rom2 drive,  and a complete PC Engine CD setup ready to go if anyone is interested.

jmcelhan

Looking for something sort of specific and some advice.  I sent you a PM.  Thanks!

rivlez

rivlez

malaise

zionfarm

PM sent for a possible purchase from your inventory.

V/r
Kelly

ColinM

ColinM

Just wanted to post a public thank you! He was awesome to deal with, answered all my annoying questions and the Duo I got is immaculate! I would highly recommend his services!

hypochondria

Hello. Do you still have any of these for sale? If so I'm interested as long as you can post to the UK.

Keith Courage

beigemore

Just wanted to leave a comment saying I bought a system from Keith Courage and he was great to work with and the console was packed very well.  Thanks!
IMG

rivlez

Bought a Turbo Duo from Keith in the last year and the whole process was smooth. The guy is amazing. Thanks for everything!

2X4

The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

Keith Courage

Sorry just saw this. Yes, a good number of systems here.