@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

FS -- My pimped TG-CD system

Started by 2X4, 04/28/2008, 10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2X4

I don't really want to sell it, but I can't justify having two of these systems, considering the economic climate of late.  So I'm selling the cool one, which I had a region switch put in by OSG, as well as an orange LED light, which fluxuates with the video signal.  This will include the TG, CD unit, docking station, carrying case, adapter, av cables, and to sweeten the pie, an Arcade Card Pro, which means this system can play any game in the Turbo/PCE library.  Everything is in great shape, but I'll upload some pics so you can see for yourself.  I was going to sell this on ebay, but they canceled my listing because region switches are "an infringement of intellectual property rights."  So here it is, the TurboGrafx system that will whip the tits off of any japanese duo, HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

IMG

IMG

IMG
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

2X4

Paisa49, PM sent

Nectarsis, I will definately check back on your list!

2X4

hoobs, check PM.

It's still up for grabs as of now.

turbokon

She sure is a thing of beauty.  Too bad I just one on off ebay.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

TR0N

Damn that looks sweet i kind of miss of having a,TG16+Turbo CD setup.

Looks like nect beat me to it though  ](*,)
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

nectarsis

All your if you want it Tron ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

2X4

PM sent Turbofan. 

Tron, it's still up for grabs unless Turbofan wants it.

TR0N

Quote from: 2X4 on 04/30/2008, 09:55 AMPM sent Turbofan. 

Tron, it's still up for grabs unless Turbofan wants it.
PM sent.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/30/2008, 05:10 AMAll your if you want it Tron ;)
Well i'm out my offer wasn't in 2x4 ball park figure  :wink:

Any ways any body else that is interested in it take a shot,the setup is sweet.
IMG

T2KFreeker

What kind of price are we talking here? I am interested.
END OF LINE.

2X4

I am currently asking $350. 

I know that might seem high, but I've seen unmodified cd systems go for that much with just the system 2 card, Arcade cards are currently selling for $50-$70 by themselves.  Anyway I am just trying to recoup some of the money I put into it, which is significantly more than my asking price.  I won't feel offended if nobody wants to pay that much, but to sell it for less just wouldn't be worth it.

nat

Doubtful you'll find anyone here willing to pay that kind of money...

I sold an unmodified TG-CD deck within the past year, complete with System 2.0 card, for $100 flat. That's about what an unmodified TG-CD deck is worth. Anyone paying $350 for a stock, unmodified TG-CD console is a complete tool.

FWIW, I'm not trying to deride your sale, just being realistic... If $350 is what you expect, I recommend you just dump it on eBay and set the reserve at $350. You never know-- I've seen crazier things on eBay. Recently some nutcase had a copy of Magical Chase up for $6,000.00. Barring that, you probably ought to just hold on to it.

It really does look like a nice system, and if there was anything in my collection I was gonna keep, that'd probably be the one.

NecroPhile

Quote from: nat on 05/02/2008, 10:39 AMFWIW, I'm not trying to deride your sale, just being realistic... If $350 is what you expect, I recommend you just dump it on eBay and set the reserve at $350.
Sage advice; there's an unmodded one available right now for $350 with a US 3.0 syscard, which usually sell for three times as much as an Arcade Card Pro.  This setup (2x4's) appears to be in fantastic condition, but I can't see it fetching such a high price from anyone other than one of the rabid collectors found on ebay.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

2X4

Yes, that's why I tried to sell it on ebay in the first place (see my original post).  I didn't think anyone here would want to pay that much, but I figured I'd throw it out there.  As far as what it's worth, you have to get this stuff somewhere, and ebay is about your only option, and by average ebay prices, $350 for this would be a good deal.  A CD system in really good condition usually goes for more than $200, an Arcade card goes for at least $50, and $100 worth of professional modding.  That is to say nothing of the shipping I shelled out in the process.  Anyway, I'll just leave it at that and try relisting it on ebay without the region mod.