RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Introducing myself and Turbo Views......

Started by ChrisBucci, 01/05/2009, 02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PukeSter

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 10/24/2015, 11:27 PMSomeone needs to wake the Booch.
He lurks the forum for some reason, not sure why.

I mean, he was online today as well

CGQuarterly

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2015, 11:28 PMHe lurks the forum for some reason, not sure why.
Certainly couldn't have anything to do with the fact that he's a Turbo fan...

PukeSter

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 10/25/2015, 12:14 AM
Quote from: PukeSter on 10/24/2015, 11:28 PMHe lurks the forum for some reason, not sure why.
No shit. I meant as in why does he only lurk. A lot of people like him here and he seems pretty chill.

CGQuarterly

Quote from: guest on 10/25/2015, 12:35 AM
Quote from: CGQuarterly on 10/25/2015, 12:14 AM
Quote from: guest on 10/24/2015, 11:28 PMHe lurks the forum for some reason, not sure why.
No shit. I meant as in why does he only lurk. A lot of people like him here and he seems pretty chill.
Maybe because people will start asking him when the next video is coming out.

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: grolt on 10/24/2015, 11:07 AM
Quote from: Damon Plus on 10/23/2015, 07:42 AM
Quote from: grolt on 10/22/2015, 08:13 PM
Quote from: CGQuarterly on 10/22/2015, 07:16 PMGod damnit, I thought this thread was being bumped because there was a new video.
Same here.  :cry:  Love spida's work, I've pretty much watched all of them and usually check them out again after I make it through the game in question.  Hope he can find more time to get through more of the library, since there are a lot of classics still left waiting in the wings.
Which are the best games not reviewed yet?
I'm waiting for DRAGON'S CURSE, DYNASTIC HERO, SOLDIER BLADE, VEIGUES TACTICAL GLADIATOR, TIME CRUISE (since he's such a fan of pinball games), SAMURAI GHOST, DOUBLE DUNGEONS, FINAL ZONE II and as a guilty pleasure, NIGHT CREATURES.
I think Bucci only reviews games that he actually beats.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 10/25/2015, 06:40 PM
Quote from: grolt on 10/24/2015, 11:07 AM
Quote from: Damon Plus on 10/23/2015, 07:42 AM
Quote from: grolt on 10/22/2015, 08:13 PM
Quote from: CGQuarterly on 10/22/2015, 07:16 PMGod damnit, I thought this thread was being bumped because there was a new video.
Same here.  :cry:  Love spida's work, I've pretty much watched all of them and usually check them out again after I make it through the game in question.  Hope he can find more time to get through more of the library, since there are a lot of classics still left waiting in the wings.
Which are the best games not reviewed yet?
I'm waiting for DRAGON'S CURSE, DYNASTIC HERO, SOLDIER BLADE, VEIGUES TACTICAL GLADIATOR, TIME CRUISE (since he's such a fan of pinball games), SAMURAI GHOST, DOUBLE DUNGEONS, FINAL ZONE II and as a guilty pleasure, NIGHT CREATURES.
I think Bucci only reviews games that he actually beats.
As should all reviewers, otherwise it's only a preview.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

grolt

...he has admitted in reviews to not completing games.  See R-TYPE and DEEP BLUE for examples.
I'm a notorious strange man.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: grolt on 10/25/2015, 06:55 PM...he has admitted in reviews to not completing games.  See R-TYPE and DEEP BLUE for examples.
Boxyboy too, but can you blame him ? lol
IMG

HailingTheThings

IMG

NightWolve

TR0N

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 11/07/2015, 10:30 PM!
Like i said to much simulation id rather play neo turf master on the neo-geo.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Alt-Nintega

johnnykonami

So how come the CD version of this goes for so much?  It's probably not because it's an awesome game that everyone is clamoring to get.  I assume the availability wasn't very good originally or a smaller print run as opposed to the turbochip or something like that.  Bonk III is sort of similar, right?  I don't think the chip version is cheap or anything, but the CD version is considered the rarer or at least more valuable of the two, right?  I'm just speculating, I could be wrong but thought there might be some kind of parallel with these dual format releases.  I know Bonk III belongs to that 1993-TTI-is-dying club where every game released at the end of the system's US lifespan had limited production.  Did I forget about any other dual format releases?  That's all I can think of.

grolt

Return of the Mack.  Another great entry and I tend to agree with the sentiment.  That draw-in exposes the game's roots as an old floppy disk game and really has no reason for being on the Turbo other than because of shoddy porting.  Loved the draw-in for the Verdict page, haha.

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: johnnykonami on 11/08/2015, 10:39 AMSo how come the CD version of this goes for so much?  It's probably not because it's an awesome game that everyone is clamoring to get.  I assume the availability wasn't very good originally or a smaller print run as opposed to the turbochip or something like that.  Bonk III is sort of similar, right?  I don't think the chip version is cheap or anything, but the CD version is considered the rarer or at least more valuable of the two, right?  I'm just speculating, I could be wrong but thought there might be some kind of parallel with these dual format releases.  I know Bonk III belongs to that 1993-TTI-is-dying club where every game released at the end of the system's US lifespan had limited production.  Did I forget about any other dual format releases?  That's all I can think of.
I did some basic research. CD version has 4 more courses to play on. That's huge.

HailingTheThings

IMG

slinkyturd

I think the new episodes come just as I give up and stop looking for updates. It's almost like breaking my heart only to butter me up over and over again. lol
70/95 US Turbochips

ChrisBucci

Thanks for watching and commenting guys.    :)

Bernie

Quote from: spida1a on 11/13/2015, 01:39 PMThanks for watching and commenting guys.    :) 
Bucci...  keep an eye on your mailbox buddy..  :)

munchiaz

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

Groover

Quote from: spida1a on 11/13/2015, 01:39 PMThanks for watching and commenting guys.    :)
It is great to see you back here. Another great video. Man it has to be a challenge to review that golf simulation.
IMG

SumerNivek

Hi Chris,

Just watched some of your videos for the first time this week.  Well made and informative, especially the video about the Super System Card.  Keep up the good work!

TR0N

IMG

ChrisBucci

Hey TRON ... can I hire you for PR work!?   Ha ha. 
Thanks as always!!  ;)

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

MattJ

munchiaz

ChrisBucci

Thanks for the support, as always guys!!

DC was a tough one to score because I kept flipping between 4 and 4 1/2.   In the end, that 1/2 star doesn't really make all that much of a difference (I found enough little quirks with the game to keep it from there and feel confident with the choice).   But, at times I wish I hadn't even started the "rating scale" all those years ago so I could just let my review speak for itself. 

I'd say we're on a roll!!!

Thanks again!   The next one is in the works!
Have a great Thanksgiving and Holiday everyone!

grolt

Great to see another review, and so quickly after the last too.  Dragon's Curse has always been the game I wanted to see reviewed most, so watching the review today really made my day.  Great job, Chris.  It has always been my favorite Master System game, and while I own it on the TG, I never really played that version very much because I didn't want to re-open the can of worms of the password system - to my surprise I learned in the review that you can use the save function, which again points to the power of OBEY.

Hu-Man...that's hilarious.

ChrisBucci

Thanks SumerNivek, EvilEvoIX, MattJ, munchiaz, and grolt !

I appreciate the support and comments. 
Have a great Thanksgiving all!

TR0N

Quote from: spida1a on 11/25/2015, 08:38 AMHey TRON ... can I hire you for PR work!?   Ha ha. 
Thanks as always!!  ;)
Sure on the dollar  :wink: Just making sure no one forgets you still review TG16/PCE games.To quote neo turf masters "it's on the gween!"
IMG

ginoscope

Great videos Chris I really enjoy them.  I watched them all earlier this year as I was getting back into playing turbo.

Much appreciated and Happy Thanksgiving!

ChrisBucci

Thanks TRON!!    That's awesome man.   :)

Also, just a note but ... I made a few quick fixes to the DC review and re-uploaded (in case you want to re-embed, lol):

ChrisBucci

Hey, thanks ginoscope!  And, same to you!

Bernie

Quote from: ginoscope on 11/26/2015, 07:37 AMGreat videos Chris I really enjoy them.  I watched them all earlier this year as I was getting back into playing turbo.

You should get the DVD sets Chis offers.  They include a ton of bonus stuff.  The wife and I watch them several time over.  Very good way to get an honest feel for a game before buying.

ginoscope

Quote from: Bernie on 11/26/2015, 10:09 AM
Quote from: ginoscope on 11/26/2015, 07:37 AMGreat videos Chris I really enjoy them.  I watched them all earlier this year as I was getting back into playing turbo.

You should get the DVD sets Chis offers.  They include a ton of bonus stuff.  The wife and I watch them several time over.  Very good way to get an honest feel for a game before buying.
Thanks for the tip Bernie I will def check them out.

SuperPlay

Another fine piece of work there Chris :-)

TR0N

IMG

grolt

Love it. Have had a lot of fun with this game and was hoping it would one day be covered by Chris. As an aside, there really needs to be a poll for worst early CD game acting - between this, Valis II, Last Alert and Dragon Slayer alone there is a lot of competition.

johnnykonami

I knew about the bad voice acting, but I didn't know about the vocal music tracks!  That's really elevated FZII quite a few points on my want list...  I also always kinda wanted this because well, mech suits, just never got it back in the day.

ginoscope

I played Final Zone II as a teen when it came out and still have those bad songs in my head lol.  It's a guilty pleasure and one of my favorites.

HailingTheThings

Way better than blonde Norm McDonald Happy Console Gamer's "review." Yay.
IMG

Psycho Punch

People say that the games are poorly acted because they're all done by Telenet's in-house team of voice "actors", is that true? What other games besides the ones released here for turbo cd have shitty voice acting?
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

NightWolve

Quote from: TR0N on 12/12/2015, 02:26 AM
Get in the zone... FINAL ZONE!!

Good use of Autozone's tag/motto on Chris' part. ;)

TR0N

Quote from: grolt on 12/12/2015, 11:06 AMLove it. Have had a lot of fun with this game and was hoping it would one day be covered by Chris. As an aside, there really needs to be a poll for worst early CD game acting - between this, Valis II, Last Alert and Dragon Slayer alone there is a lot of competition.
I add Ys III to that list as well.
IMG

sirhcman

"Battle Royale" - Turbo Views #89 (TurboGrafx-16 / Duo game REVIEW!)

TR0N

IMG

sirhcman

Quote from: TR0N on 12/25/2015, 04:30 AM
Quote from: guest on 12/24/2015, 11:26 PM"Battle Royale" - Turbo Views #89 (TurboGrafx-16 / Duo game REVIEW!)
It's a shame to the TG16 deserve better when it came to a wrestling game.
I have never actually played the game, it looks good but the way Chris described the game doesn't even want me to give it a chance! :)

ginoscope

I have never played that game either and from what Chris said I may pass as well.

The moves seemed so overly complicated and when "select" is used in game play it's never a good idea.