RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Splatterhouse house splattered...

Started by MotherGunner, 02/07/2009, 09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

NecroPhile

What a shitty move on Namco's part.  Unless Bottlerocket wasn't producing the product that Namco wanted, I don't see much point in pulling a nearly completed game and finishing it in-house; sounds like a recipe for glitchy disaster really.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 02/09/2009, 11:16 AMWhat a shitty move on Namco's part.  Unless Bottlerocket wasn't producing the product that Namco wanted, I don't see much point in pulling a nearly completed game and finishing it in-house; sounds like a recipe for glitchy disaster really.
When I first heard this I thought, maybe theyre just getting lazy and didnt want to do any work!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Dark Fact

If the news of this was actually true, then my respect for Namco has officially gone down the shitter.  As a personal aspirer for game development myself, I can understand the frustration that the good boys at Bottlerocket must've felt. 

Fuck you, Namco-Bandai.
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

MotherGunner

Gamestop has the game up for preorder now.  Who is still getting it?
-MG

esteban

I thought 3D Realms was developing Splatterhouse?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jlued686

I'm getting it regardless of the bullshit.  The screens look bad ass and even if the game is mediocre (which it will be), I'll be happy.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 12/27/2009, 09:58 PMI'm getting it regardless of the bullshit.  The screens look bad ass and even if the game is mediocre (which it will be), I'll be happy.
It will be neat to see if there are many references to the earlier games... that's what I'm most curious about.

MotherGunner

Sadly I doubt that the developer gives a shit about nostalgia or has even heard of the TG-16.
-MG

BlackandBlue

Quote from: MotherGunner on 12/28/2009, 01:40 AMSadly I doubt that the developer gives a shit about nostalgia or has even heard of the TG-16.
True.  I saw a trailer the other day and it looked like God of War, but with Rick as the main character.  They probably said, 'Hey Splatterhouse was a "bloodbath" when it first came out.  Make it like that again.'
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

MotherGunner

Well if they manage to copy God of War then at least that would be decent enough for me to pick it up.  Hell I may just pick it up anyways.

If they are smart they should make this game decent.  The video game industry has changed and is changing to keep up with this economy.  The days of spamming the retail shelves with crap are over if a company wants to survive.  I am thankful for still having a job in the industry.
-MG

TheClash603

As long as the original trilogy is hidden in the game, I will pick up day one.  If not, probably not going to get it at all, if it comes out even.

Senshi

There better be floating chairs dammit...
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

esteban

DesmondThe3rd

I really liked the new Splatterhouse here! The action was intense, the graphics were damn fine with solid blood effects, the game is long with a lot of cool looking monsters, and the game is actually a remake of the Turbografx-16 original too since it retells the events of the first story. The load times were annoying but that's my only real complaint.

blueraven

2X4

This time, unfortunately, the substance splattering isn't blood.  Thanks for ruining another icon of my youth since hollywood apparently wasn't doing it fast enough.  Can we start a petition for Rockstar to redo the redo?
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

Duo_R

Two year old info? I am confused.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

2X4

I posted after having played it, rather than start a new thread about how much it sucked.
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .