@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Low cost Flash Hucard

Started by gameofyou, 03/13/2012, 09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie

45.00 bucks.  Im in.

fraggore

sounds good to me as well hope you can send it to the uk.
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

gameofyou

Ok, I have enough of these built up now, that I am going to start selling them.

http://www.gamingenterprisesinc.com/Flash_HuCard/

It takes me about an hour to build one, so I haven't gotten them all assembled yet, but I have about half of them built.  I will probably not be able to ship anything until Saturday, but the checkout basket is open for orders.

spenoza

Alright, I've put down some cold, hard cash. Now I am in anticipation of the great massive awesome.

Also, doing Obeybrew tutorials on real flash will help me overcome teh stupids.

_Paul

Nando

Quote from: guest on 06/11/2012, 02:35 PMOrdered!
Review once you get it all setup and stuff? Please :D

_Paul

Quote from: Nando on 06/11/2012, 02:57 PM
I'll review it in the next issue of PC Engine Gamer, but it might delay release (lol, as if it was going to be out on time anyway)

Flavor

I'm interested in the bare version, but I'd like to see the BOM before I commit.  Also, would there be a DIY option where I can get the bare PCB with chips all from one place (you)?
SNES to PCEngine TurboTap Project ( https://youtu.be/EGzpZMfOyPo )
Card Fighters' Clash 2 English Translation ( https://cfc2english.blogspot.com/ )
Neo Geo Pocket Flash Cart and Linker Project ( https://www.flashmasta.com/ )
Avatar art thanks to Trev-Mun ( https://trevmun.deviantart.com/ )

gameofyou

Quote from: Flavor on 06/11/2012, 05:55 PMI'm interested in the bare version, but I'd like to see the BOM before I commit.  Also, would there be a DIY option where I can get the bare PCB with chips all from one place (you)?
Send me an email (through my site), & I'll email you the BOM when I get it finished (will be soon).  But right now I'm feverishly working to fill the orders.   O:)

I am thinking of maybe making a seperate topic for 8Mbit Flash HuCard faq.  Then we will have a place to pool all the questions, comments, suggestions, etc for the card.

Nando

Quote from: guest on 06/11/2012, 03:59 PM
Quote from: Nando on 06/11/2012, 02:57 PM
I'll review it in the next issue of PC Engine Gamer, but it might delay release (lol, as if it was going to be out on time anyway)
No pressure... Right?

These new cards have me all sorts of giddy.

spenoza

How many orders have you had for these, already? Good response or only so-so?

gameofyou

Quote from: guest on 06/12/2012, 06:05 PMHow many orders have you had for these, already? Good response or only so-so?
Yes, very good response.  I will build up some more this weekend, so I can stay ahead of the orders.

spenoza

How long, roughly, do you anticipate it will be before you sell out of your current shipment?

gameofyou

Quote from: guest on 06/12/2012, 07:39 PMHow long, roughly, do you anticipate it will be before you sell out of your current shipment?
I think I will be good through June, with the first 48 units.  I'll see what happens, and buy some more materials, if need be.

roflmao

Quote from: gameofyou on 06/12/2012, 08:51 PMI think I will be good through June, with the first 48 units.  I'll see what happens, and buy some more materials, if need be.
Oh good. :)  I am hoping to purchase one next week.

burn_654

Put in my order :) Can't wait!
Quote from: RegalSinYou know for that r-tard who goes like "oh something retro, let me put down my vabagelina, stop drinking my cheeze wine, and get to playing".

_Paul

gameofyou

I got another 11 boards assembled today.  Now I only have 12 more to go and the first 48 will all be assembled!  :)

I seriously underestimated how much time this would take, lol.

ccovell

How dare you!  This is unprofessional.  I'm cancelling my order, etc. etc.   :D

Just kidding.  It takes me 3 hours just to solder a DE-9 joystick connector together, so I respect anyone that can put together dozens of SMD boards by themselves.  Thanks for designing and making this!

ConHuevos

For those thinking about purchasing one, I received mine today and it works perfect.  No issues with compatibility so far (except some software issues, but totally not the cards fault).  Great product for $45!

Nando

Looking forward to reading the reviews.

gameofyou

After I finish building the final 8 units (should be able to do it this weekend), I am going to hold on any further building of boards until everyone is working correctly.  I want to make sure that there are no issues, before I build another batch.

It looks like there were a few of the early ones sent out with inadequate solder on some pins.  I have greatly improved my solder/clean/test procedure since then, & I don't anticipate any future problems.  But I will definately repair any board for free if it has assembly problems.

If you can't get your card working, the best thing to do is email me directly.  By knowing a couple things from your PC, and knowing what the indicator light does, I can determine the problem fairly accurately.

mrhaboobi

hey man.. keen to order.. have been away for a bit, how do i order?
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

ConHuevos

arromdee

Would it be possible to create a PCE/TG-16 Hu-card adapter for a similar or lower price?

(Just asking out of curiosity--I still have my old green diving board adapter from back in the day, so I wouldn't need one.)

MottZilla

The hard part of creating an adapter is making the HuCard connector. The rest is trivial. If someone could source or have manufactured new Hucard connectors you could easily make adapters. Although if you did, you shouldn't stop there, you should get a cheap CPLD and a tiny Flash Boot ROM and make a tiny Game Genie like patcher so Japanese systems could play US games with a simple cheat code, and you could use cheat codes if you wanted on any HuCard game. The key is getting new HuCard connectors.

gameofyou

Quote from: arromdee on 06/26/2012, 05:13 PMWould it be possible to create a PCE/TG-16 Hu-card adapter for a similar or lower price?

(Just asking out of curiosity--I still have my old green diving board adapter from back in the day, so I wouldn't need one.)
I agree with MottZilla.  The difficult part would be finding (or making) the HuCard connector.

Mishran

Would it be possible to show a loose connector to a manufacturer and see if it can be copied? I have a loose hucard connector if needed.

MottZilla

You could try to find some company that could do that. I believe such companies do exist. No idea what they would charge you to do it. There are ones that will take existing PCBs and clone them I know.

gameofyou

I have just sold the last card, from this first batch.  If you did not get one yet, do not panic.  I WILL make another (small) batch soon.  It probably won't be for a few weeks, at least, though.

I'll make a post when I have some available again.

esteban

Quote from: gameofyou on 07/07/2012, 09:13 AMI have just sold the last card, from this first batch.  If you did not get one yet, do not panic.  I WILL make another (small) batch soon.  It probably won't be for a few weeks, at least, though.

Thank you. I will certainly grab one from your second batch.

:pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

KnightWarrior

Do you accept Paypal??

Nando

Quote from: esteban on 07/08/2012, 10:47 AM
Quote from: gameofyou on 07/07/2012, 09:13 AMI have just sold the last card, from this first batch.  If you did not get one yet, do not panic.  I WILL make another (small) batch soon.  It probably won't be for a few weeks, at least, though.

Thank you. I will certainly grab one from your second batch.

:pcgs:

Ditto.

gameofyou

gameofyou

I was able to build up a small amount of flash HuCards over the weekend, so I have put the checkout basket back on my web page.

burn_654

Quote from: gameofyou on 07/26/2012, 09:59 PMI was able to build up a small amount of flash HuCards over the weekend, so I have put the checkout basket back on my web page.

I suggest people get in on this bandwagon, these cards are awesome! Definitely worth the money.
Quote from: RegalSinYou know for that r-tard who goes like "oh something retro, let me put down my vabagelina, stop drinking my cheeze wine, and get to playing".

thesteve

new batch?
any changes?

esteban

Quote from: gameofyou on 07/26/2012, 09:59 PMI was able to build up a small amount of flash HuCards over the weekend, so I have put the checkout basket back on my web page.

Ordered one!

Thank you.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

gameofyou

Quote from: thesteve on 07/27/2012, 10:48 AMnew batch?
any changes?
No changes, I'm just finally getting time to build some more up, lol.

When I use up all of the bare pcbs that I have, I will probably make some minor changes to the pcb, before I order the next batch.  That won't be until next year for sure, though.

KnightWarrior

Might get it later

How many games can it fit??

roflmao

Quote from: KnightWarrior on 08/13/2012, 12:22 AMMight get it later

How many games can it fit??
Do you read any of the threads you post to?

Paisa49

I just ordered one as well. My Neo Flash Cart kicked the bucket.

annuvin

just bought one, can't wait to try it out!

esadajr

At last, a flash card that is available  =D>

Just ordered mine. I'll be able to play such classics as Magical Chase and Coryoon on real hardware :D
Gaming since 1985

420GOAT

im pretty ignorant here, but can i download pce games and play on my express?
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

thesteve

roflmao

I just ordered one as well.  I can't wait!

esadajr

I recently got mine. It is good quality product. The only thing I didn't like is that it takes some effort to insert it on the TG16. Other than that it is pretty straight forward. Win 7 x64 detected and installed the proper drivers (you may need to set the COM port to a lower number though), and the Flash software is pretty simple. US Magical Chase just worked like a charm.
Gaming since 1985

esadajr

I've been unable to get any japanese game to work. I use the rom converter to remove the header, then flash my game checking the "swap bit" option. However I only get a white screen. The japanese games I've tried (with no luck) so far are Detana Twinbee, Coryoon and the japanese version of Splatterhouse.
Gaming since 1985

thesteve

i have had an issue where the rom converter messed up the rom, so it didnt work on us or JP mode hardware.
then bitflip on the loader software fixed it