RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

So, Do You Think There Will Be Any More TG-16 Games on the Virtual Console?

Started by doczoidberg, 05/23/2008, 09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doczoidberg

Virtual-Turbo.com is shutting down, as its owner feels the lack of TG-16 games on the VC is likely to continue....
 This depresses me, as there are so many more Turbo titles I would like to play.

And Nintendo is really annoying me with the terrible job they've done lately with the Virtual Console, in general. this Wiiware crap just doesn't appeal to me.

Anyone else feel the same?

Turbo D

It saddens me to see Virtual-Turbo.com go. I don't own a Wii or anything, but I really did enjoy that site for some reason! I don't have any beef with WiiWare since they have good releases like SuperStarSoldierR.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Sinistron

I didn't care for the fuzzed out tg emulations but I did rather enjoy the virtual-turbo site.  Hopefully he converts it to a regular pce review site.
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

NecroPhile

Maybe they switched focus to WiiWare, and that's why new VC releases have all but disappeared.  Or maybe not, but at least there's two more Turbo titles scheduled for release (Ys and Final Soldier).  Even if those two do end up being the end, about a third of the Turbo's library is on the VC, and that ain't too shabby for Nintendo and its historical half-assedness.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Keranu

Quote from: guest on 05/24/2008, 12:52 AMMaybe they switched focus to WiiWare, and that's why new VC releases have all but disappeared.
Nah, they have been pretty dry with VC releases for the past couple of months or so.

I think there will certianly be more TG16 games on the VC. It seems like there are plenty of games made by Hudson or games with licenses they can easily attain.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

NecroPhile

Quote from: Keranu on 05/24/2008, 01:20 AMNah, they have been pretty dry with VC releases for the past couple of months or so.
True, but at least they're still regularly releasing new titles to the peeps on the other side of the world.  With any luck, a few of those will trickle over to the States before too many people lose interest entirely.

Arkhan Asylum

I hope not.

I'm getting tired of all the newbie Turbo Grafx talk from all the Wii fans around here.

"Guys did you play the latest Bonk?! LOL HE SO PWNS TEH N00Biez" <<<< eeeeeeee. nooooooo!!!!!

or ones where they, being Nintendo fans, start Neutopia vs. Zelda debates and talk about how lame Neutopia is, and how Jazeta is a wussy.

and I especially dislike the youtube reviews.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone.

:twisted:
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TR0N

Quote from: doczoidberg on 05/23/2008, 09:43 PMVirtual-Turbo.com is shutting down, as its owner feels the lack of TG-16 games on the VC is likely to continue....
 This depresses me, as there are so many more Turbo titles I would like to play.

And Nintendo is really annoying me with the terrible job they've done lately with the Virtual Console, in general. this Wiiware crap just doesn't appeal to me.

Anyone else feel the same?
No it's been like that for most release in the u.s for the vc.The last excuse that,NOA has stated there not making the money they want on the vc.Well duh if,they gave more then they would have more sales.I've also heard rumors that third partys have alot they wanna put on the vc...but noa is stoping them from doing so.Wich is mess up given how japan and europe are getting more release on the vc shesh.

Dunno maybe nintendo see's more profit in wii ware these days.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Dark Fact

Nintendo is apparently not going to be putting out any more big name games on the VC until popularity for the Wii starts to decline as this article seems to indicate.

Way to pull our strings, Nintendo! :x
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

ParanoiaDragon

Star Parodier was just released, I think Break In is released as well, Ys 1 & 2 is still on its way, but keeps hitting brick walls.
IMG

NecroPhile

That article makes it sound like Nintendo is doing everything they can to screw themselves.  There's nothing wrong with spreading out VC and WiiWare releases, but delaying them for so long is just going to drive third parties to the PS Network and/or Xbox Live Arcade.

QuoteNintendo has a different perspective on the Virtual Console. To them, the Virtual Console is a way to sustain Wii momentum when no games are coming out.
Lame.  Why not develop more games and time their release to maintain momentum?

Dark Fact

Yup.  Star Parodier and Break In were indeed released for the VC this week.  I'm just glad to see the TG-16 put back in the spotlight once again. :)

*crosses fingers for Ys I & II*  [-o&lt;
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

nat

They are releasing "Break In" over the hundreds of really good PCE/TG games that haven't been released yet? I feel like they're really getting to the bottom of the barrel here.

jlued686

So what about the news/rumors that Hudson has decided to stop putting out games on the VC?  I've heard this twice now on 1up's Retronauts podcast (first two episodes in January).  Anyone have the inside scoop?

ParanoiaDragon

I sincerely doubt it, all their games seem to come in spurts, so, maybe in a month, will see a few games.  Drac X was still supposed to be a near deffinitly that it's coming to US VC, so, we should still see that, if not more.
IMG

turbofan1

You would have to think they would release Dungeon Explorer II some wheres down the line.On the other hand,the don`t bother to translate the pc engine games they release.So no there definitely not done releasing virtual console games.

Paisa49

Anyone aware if there are going to be any more ports of games for the virtual console? I'd love to see some more imports make it over here.

lisalover1

There will definitely be more games on VC from NEC hardware, but that doesn't necessarily mean the Turbografx. Nintendo's been importing games from Japan to the US VC [e.g. Sin and Punishment N64]. So, they might release some PC-E exclusive games, and maybe even a few pce-cd games.

NecroPhile

Quote from: lisalover1 on 01/23/2009, 01:41 PMSo, they might release some PC-E exclusive games, and maybe even a few pce-cd games.
They already have in the form of Break In, Final Soldier, Star Parodier, Digital Champ, Cho Aniki, and Gradius II.  Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean that they won't release more titles in the future.

D.phoni

I think the virtual console service is good but yeah we do need more N64 games

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

niknice

You could always use injected wads (VC Games). Maybe a grey area but I`ve currently got about 90 Engine games installed on my Wii including all the SuperGrafx games and many Japanese CDRom titles. I`ve brought lots via the Wii shop with points but some Engine games that I want will never become available via the shop.

oldskool

NecroPhile

Where's All the Data?  Treat yourself to a cookie if you get the reference.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 12/02/2009, 03:25 PMWhere's All the Data?  Treat yourself to a cookie if you get the reference.
Hmmmmmmmm, I don't get the reference. Hopefully, it was referring to some rubbish I'm better off not having wasted my time with.

Damn, that was a mouthful. And I essentially said nothing.

Dark Fact

We're getting the Nihon Telenet catalog.  Be happy for that.

TR0N

Quote from: Dark Fact on 12/15/2009, 11:08 AMWe're getting the Nihon Telenet catalog.  Be happy for that.
That's if noa doesn't stand in there way they like keeping there vc release down to a trickle.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Dark Fact

lord_cack

I had Noticed that no one updated that Street Fighter II' Champion Edition was up on VC..... or did I miss that....
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

nat

Dark Fact

In all honesty, I don't see why Rondo of Blood won't get a release here.  It's one of the most heavily requested imports ever! 8)

NecroPhile

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 01/28/2010, 04:24 PMDracula X is confirmed for US VC release..... sans translation.  :(
That's great news and bad news all in one downloadable package. :(
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Raizen1984

Quote from: guest on 01/28/2010, 04:24 PMDracula X is confirmed for US VC release..... sans translation.  :(
I'm sure purists would complain if it had been translated (or otherwise altered in any way).

I'm just glad that it's coming over here.  Day 1 purchase for me!

SignOfZeta

QuoteThat's great news and bad news all in one downloadable package. :(
Is that really a big deal? Paying voice actors and sound FX people to record 2 minutes of (virtually irrelevant) dialogue, then paying professional programers to hack the new audio into the game along with new subtitles for the intro would octuple the cost of releasing it...seems like a waste of time and money to me. This game has been fully entertaining all but the most xenophobic of Castlevania fans just fine for the better part of two decades.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/29/2010, 02:42 AM
QuoteThat's great news and bad news all in one downloadable package. :(
Is that really a big deal? Paying voice actors and sound FX people to record 2 minutes of (virtually irrelevant) dialogue, then paying professional programers to hack the new audio into the game along with new subtitles for the intro would octuple the cost of releasing it...seems like a waste of time and money to me. This game has been fully entertaining all but the most xenophobic of Castlevania fans just fine for the better part of two decades.
But, that's the thing, they already did that on the Dracula X Chronicles, so, it's already been paid for & hacked & whatever, atleast, on the PSP version.  Doesn't seem like a huge leap to include that in the VC version, but, I'm no coder, maybe there'd still be more coding involved.  But, even still, Vic Ireland/Sunsoft is talking about possibly redubbing the Valis games!  So, if they're even considering that, it must not be too hard nor expensive, & that's just with Valis.  Rondo of Blood is a much higher priority game then the Valis games.
IMG

SignOfZeta

Quote from: ParanoiaDragonBut, that's the thing, they already did that on the Dracula X Chronicles, so, it's already been paid for & hacked & whatever, atleast, on the PSP version.  Doesn't seem like a huge leap to include that in the VC version, but, I'm no coder, maybe there'd still be more coding involved.
How does the PSP version work? Does it run an actual PC Engine image, or was it made ground up? Everything on VC is emulated so whatever work was done for the PSP would also have to be for emulation or it would be worthless. If it was emulated then...yeah, I can't understand why they wouldn't include the localized version for VC.

QuoteBut, even still, Vic Ireland/Sunsoft is talking about possibly redubbing the Valis games!  So, if they're even considering that, it must not be too hard nor expensive, & that's just with Valis.  Rondo of Blood is a much higher priority game then the Valis games.
Keep in mind that Vic Ireland is more or less completely full of shit. Don't get me wrong, the world needs big fat quixotic nerds with college degrees, but that doesn't mean we have to believe anything they say.
IMG

jlued686

Hey Guys! After years of bitching and complaining, Rondo of Blood is coming to Virtual Console! I'm so glad that the bitching and complaining about Rondo of Blood is over!

...oh wait.  It's the internet.   :twisted:

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 01/29/2010, 12:38 PMHey Guys! After years of bitching and complaining, Rondo of Blood is coming to Virtual Console! I'm so glad that the bitching and complaining about Rondo of Blood is over!

...oh wait.  It's the internet.   :twisted:
haha. Yeah, I mean I'd rather it come to the virtual console unpatched with English translations than not at all.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

I'm pretty sure the PSP version was emulated.  I could be wrong though.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: ceti alpha on 01/29/2010, 03:09 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/29/2010, 12:38 PMHey Guys! After years of bitching and complaining, Rondo of Blood is coming to Virtual Console! I'm so glad that the bitching and complaining about Rondo of Blood is over!

...oh wait.  It's the internet.   :twisted:
haha. Yeah, I mean I'd rather it come to the virtual console unpatched with English translations than not at all.
Wow, it has only taken 16+ years :)...

"Konami is releasing Dracula X in Japan, but it is unknown whether it will be released in the States. It sure looks like a hot game. We'll probably find out if Dracula X will be released at the winter CES in Las Vegas. Look for that info in the next issue of DuoWorld."

Alas, that "next issue of DuoWorld" was never to be. :(

You can read DuoWorld #3  (November/December 1993) for more...

offsidewing

I took four years of German in High School and another four in college.  I love firing up Rondo of Blut and translating the opening.  Hahaha, FLIEGEMAUS!

Still scratching my head on how SimEarth beats Dungeon Explorer Zwei to the VC...

esteban

Quote from: offsidewing on 02/24/2010, 11:28 PMStill scratching my head on how SimEarth beats Dungeon Explorer Zwei to the VC...
The only possible reason: a sadistic ploy to lure customers by the strength of the "Sims" brand.

What else could it be?

jlued686

Rondo of Blood is now on the Virtual Console in the US. Hooray!

Dark Fact

Ceti Alpha

IMG

Dark Fact

Quote from: SignofZetaKeep in mind that Vic Ireland is more or less completely full of shit. Don't get me wrong, the world needs big fat quixotic nerds with college degrees, but that doesn't mean we have to believe anything they say.
Whether or not Vic will hold true to his word with redubbing the entire Nihon Telenet catalog, the bottom line is that he finally has the rights to the catalog and that we can all expect to see titles from it in the near future.  I can't really shit talk Ireland if he managed to go that far for the real fans like us. :)

ParanoiaDragon

IIRC, he said one of the next two VC releases will be a Telenet game.
IMG