RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Bottom of the barrel games TG/PCE wise

Started by nectarsis, 10/12/2008, 03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nectarsis

Not sure if a topic like this has been done before..oh well  :mrgreen:

Looking for the bottom of the heap from both the TG & PCE library, not sure if a # of games should be a prequisite as some may only have a handful, some may have a lot.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

albinoMithos

Gunboat, Yo Bro, Falcon, Talespin, Darkwing Duck, most sports games....

jperryss

From what I've played, The Addams Family would be near the top of the crap list.

Lochlan

Quote from: jperryss on 10/12/2008, 07:03 PMFrom what I've played, The Addams Family would be near the top of the crap list.
Near the bottom?
Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

Keranu

Quote from: Mithos on 10/12/2008, 04:08 PMGunboat, Yo Bro, Falcon, Talespin, Darkwing Duck, most sports games....
Even though I'm a fan of a lot of crappy Turbo/PCE games, those you listed right there are definitely among my least liked Turbo games.

Addam's Family isn't so bad. Controls are a bit loose and take getting used to, but the controls aren't nearly as rough as other platformers (Ghost Manor, Keith Courage overworld parts, Shubibin Man). It definitely has cheesy production value, but it's a fairly original platformer with great bosses and a few really nice backgrounds.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

rag-time4

Rock On (JP HuCard) and Legion (JP CD) are found in the bottom of my barrel for sure!

Sparky

Just Falcon for me... i would play any of the tg16 sports games over this one any day.
Even Gunboat has some play value to me  :roll:

Paisa49

Double Dungeon, Battle Royale, and TV Sports Football are absolutely horrendous. I never play those games, even though they are part of my collection.

NecroPhile

My least favorite games would be Ballistix, Falcon, Gunboat, Timeball, and most any sports game.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BonkThis

TV sports Football.. ohh lordy
Ballistix too

jperryss

Quote from: Lochlan on 10/12/2008, 07:18 PM
Quote from: jperryss on 10/12/2008, 07:03 PMFrom what I've played, The Addams Family would be near the top of the crap list.
Near the bottom?
The top! If you made a list of 'crappiest CD games' it'd be near the top.

OK, bottom, whatever. I thought it sucked, and that's what I was trying to say. :mrgreen:

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nat

I'm embarrassed to say I haven't played enough Turbo lately to think of the crappiest of the crap. The following, however, are unquestionably on that list:

Talespin
Falcon
Sonic Spike

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 10/13/2008, 12:42 PMMy least favorite games would be Ballistix, Falcon, Gunboat, Timeball, and most any sports game.
Those make my list along with Turrican, Darkwing Duck, and Talespin for me, although I know others tend to like and can actually play the Disney titles and enjoy them. I just suck at them.

OldRover

Turrican is only bad if you're already used to the Amiga original. If you didn't play that first, Turrican rocks on the TG.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

PCEngineHell

My first experience with it was on TG, I beat it and hated it, esp the lame rocket ship escape at the end. I hated Turrican 1 on everything. Mega and Super Turrican however I enjoyed alot.

TR0N

I'd say shubibinman interesting how the serise started out poor.Then later on it got good by the second and third game.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

_Paul

Quote from: TR0N on 10/14/2008, 02:35 AMI'd say shubibinman interesting how the serise started out poor.Then later on it got good by the second and third game.
Now would rate the second below the first. I enjoyed the first Schbibin Man, it had great music and I liked the style of platforming where learning the levels was a real benefit. The second one just leaves me feeling cold.

JoshTurboTrollX

drop off is the worst game ever made.

But Double Dungeons, Sonic Spike, and Battle Royal??  Those are all insanely fun multiplayer games!!

people that don't like those games must not have any friends..... or maybe they don't have a multitap and more controllers.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

runinruder

Quote from: guest on 10/14/2008, 10:08 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 10/14/2008, 02:35 AMI'd say shubibinman interesting how the serise started out poor.Then later on it got good by the second and third game.
Now would rate the second below the first. I enjoyed the first Schbibin Man, it had great music and I liked the style of platforming where learning the levels was a real benefit. The second one just leaves me feeling cold.
I like the first Shubibinman for the very reasons you cited, but I can't blame anyone for rating it low.  The controls are very poor and it has severe repetition issues, mainly and most obviously with the backgrounds, but also with enemy and obstacle types.  I liked the second game a bit more because it actually felt very rewarding.  It gets surprisingly tough towards the end. 

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 10/14/2008, 10:56 AMBut Double Dungeons, Sonic Spike, and Battle Royal??  Those are all insanely fun multiplayer games!!

people that don't like those games must not have any friends..... or maybe they don't have a multitap and more controllers.
I agree on Double Dungeons.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Sinistron

Quote from: OldRover on 10/13/2008, 10:09 PMTurrican is only bad if you're already used to the Amiga original. If you didn't play that first, Turrican rocks on the TG.
I never played Turrican on the Amiga- and the TG version couldn't have been less rocking.  The wettest, smelliest dog of a hucard. 

Add Titan to the list- enormous suck value.
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

NecroPhile

Quote from: The Old Rover on 10/13/2008, 10:09 PMTurrican is only bad if you're already used to the Amiga original. If you didn't play that first, Turrican rocks on the TG.
I've never played Amiga Turrican, yet I'll agree that Turbo Turrican rocks..... by which I mean that it should be buried and crushed under a gigantic pile of rocks.  I don't mind a fair challenge, but Turrican is just cheap (and none too pretty either).

Paisa49

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 10/14/2008, 10:56 AMdrop off is the worst game ever made.

But Double Dungeons, Sonic Spike, and Battle Royal??  Those are all insanely fun multiplayer games!!

For multiplayer goodness, I indulge in Bomberman '93, Dungeon Explorer, Motoroader, and Aeroblasters. I still think Double Dungeons and Battle Royale stink.  :-#

JoshTurboTrollX

motoroader is ass

MicroMachines (NES) > MotoRoader
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

runinruder

No way is Moto Roader ass.

Moto Roader MC, on the other hand...
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 10/14/2008, 10:08 AM
I like the second more i guess for it's megaman style of game play.

The frist one to me doesn't feel right to me with it's floatly controlls and all.

Though i got any ways just so i have the serise complete at least,it was dirt cheap to pickup.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Keranu

Quote from: runinruder on 10/14/2008, 01:00 PMNo way is Moto Roader ass.

Moto Roader MC, on the other hand...
I wouldn't call MC ass either. It's very different, but that doesn't stop it from being a decent game on it's own. Plus it's loaded with nifty multiplayer mini-games.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Sinistron on 10/14/2008, 11:42 AM
Quote from: OldRover on 10/13/2008, 10:09 PMTurrican is only bad if you're already used to the Amiga original. If you didn't play that first, Turrican rocks on the TG.
I never played Turrican on the Amiga- and the TG version couldn't have been less rocking.  The wettest, smelliest dog of a hucard. 

Add Titan to the list- enormous suck value.
Lol, you just had to remind me of playing Titan.

Keranu

Titan's one of those crappy games you can spend hours with if you were feeling tired and didn't feel like doing anything else.
IMG

_Paul

The arcade segments in It Came From The Desert are some of the most awful I have ever seen. Even homebrew stuff that I made years ago was better.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 10/15/2008, 08:33 AMThe arcade segments in It Came From The Desert are some of the most awful I have ever seen. Even homebrew stuff that I made years ago was better.
Indeed, though I like the 'shoot the ants off the townfolk' game.  For me, the delicious cheese in the rest of the game keeps it from falling all the way to the bottom o' the barrel.

runinruder

Quote from: guest on 10/15/2008, 08:33 AMThe arcade segments in It Came From The Desert are some of the most awful I have ever seen. Even homebrew stuff that I made years ago was better.
I like the crosshairs-style one where ants are chewing the flesh off screaming people.  The overhead parts aren't too terrible, either.  I must admit that the side-scrolling stuff is bad, though it becomes more tolerable once you earn that "special move" (which happens pretty early in the game, thank goodness).

albinoMithos

It's cool man....I liked the TG Turrican too.  :oops: *ducks*

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: The Old Rover on 10/13/2008, 10:09 PMTurrican is only bad if you're already used to the Amiga original. If you didn't play that first, Turrican rocks on the TG.
Turrican sucks everywhere.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Keranu

Quote from: runinruder on 10/15/2008, 10:27 AMI like the crosshairs-style one where ants are chewing the flesh off screaming people.  The overhead parts aren't too terrible, either.  I must admit that the side-scrolling stuff is bad, though it becomes more tolerable once you earn that "special move" (which happens pretty early in the game, thank goodness). 
Yeah the side-scrolling parts controlled like ass, kind of had a Prince of Persia feel to the controls. Admittedly, the controls for the sidescrolling sections of the Legend of Xanadu games weren't very tuned either, but they were so damn cool anways.
IMG