Best Resource for TG-16/PCE Games Reviews?

Started by Paisa49, 10/20/2008, 10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paisa49

Much to my dismay, one of my favorite sites, The Videogame Den, has been down for quite a while. I don't think it'll be functional for some time. So, are there any other sites that provide even-handed, unbiased reviews for the multitude of PC Engine games that are out there? I'd like to see where everyone on here goes for good gaming reviews.

Thanks,

NecroPhile

Try the PC Engine Software Bible.  Sunteam Paul's reviews are honest and fair, though not every game has been fully reviewed yet.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Paisa49

Quote from: guest on 10/20/2008, 10:48 AMTry the PC Engine Software Bible.  Sunteam Paul's reviews are honest and fair, though not every game has been fully reviewed yet.
I've checked this one out. I like the new interface, but does anyone have any other sites they like to frequent.

TR0N

Quote from: Paisa49 on 10/20/2008, 02:56 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/20/2008, 10:48 AMTry the PC Engine Software Bible.  Sunteam Paul's reviews are honest and fair, though not every game has been fully reviewed yet.
I've checked this one out. I like the new interface, but does anyone have any other sites they like to frequent.
Well this site http://www.pcecp.com mostly it's comments though on what people think of the games not a review.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

BonkThis

A user on here has a nice review site I think, reviews a ton fo japanese games with screen shots to boot. Id love to see more japanese game reviews with screen shots.

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

mobiusclimber

Paisa49

Wow, there's a lot of good information in there.

nectarsis

Hence why IIMHO it should be a stickied topic so it doesn't get lost to the ages ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

NecroPhile

Quote from: nectarsis on 10/23/2008, 12:43 PMHence why IIMHO it should be a stickied topic so it doesn't get lost to the ages ;)
Agreed.  Runin's 'useless thoughts' are anything but.

Keranu

Quote from: guest on 10/22/2008, 08:34 PMHere ya go-

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=2047.0
You beat me to it, I've been meaning to post that for days :mrgreen: ! Runin has always been my favorite Turbo reviewer since GameFAQs.

Quote from: nectarsisHence why IIMHO it should be a stickied topic so it doesn't get lost to the ages ;)
Good idea, consider it done. ;)
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

mobiusclimber

I just found a cool site for reviews here. The reviews are all short, but they have a bunch of screenshots with them, which is nice.

Paisa49

Quote from: mobiusclimber on 11/18/2008, 02:06 PMI just found a cool site for reviews here. The reviews are all short, but they have a bunch of screenshots with them, which is nice.
I checked this website out, and it doesn't seem to be fully functional. I noticed a lot of messed up links.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Paisa49 on 11/18/2008, 03:39 PM
Quote from: mobiusclimber on 11/18/2008, 02:06 PMI just found a cool site for reviews here. The reviews are all short, but they have a bunch of screenshots with them, which is nice.
I checked this website out, and it doesn't seem to be fully functional. I noticed a lot of messed up links.
Yeah, all the links seem to have to be download seperately in different windows/tabs.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

mobiusclimber

Not sure what browser you guys are using, there were only a few links that opened in a seperate window for me. The CD section has all the reviews in it, and I don't remember it opening in a new window or not working or anything like that. They have a lot of reviews, but I read half of em in like... half an hour. They're pretty short.

NecroPhile

Quote from: mobiusclimber on 11/18/2008, 04:39 PMNot sure what browser you guys are using, there were only a few links that opened in a seperate window for me.
Probably something other than Internet Exploder; it works fine here in I.E., but is broken in Firefox.  Damn nonstandard formatting!

mobiusclimber

Ugh, I see what you mean! It's forcing me to act like I'm downloading something every time I try a link. XD Well, that blows. (I'm at home and using Firefox now, case you were wondering.)

nat

It works fine in Safari on the Mac.

And those "reviews" are hogwash.