10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Has anyone here ever beaten Blazing Lazers on the highest setting "God of Game"?

Started by Alt-PyschoNintega, 01/11/2009, 03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alt-PyschoNintega

IMG

WoodyXP

"I bathe in AES carts."

geise

Practice? It can be challenging that's for sure, but it's like most games.  The more you try the better you get.  Learn which section stuff will come at you, and how.  Not much else I can give other than that.  You'll get it.  I used to think Ikaruga was impossible the first time I played it.  After a while I can now beat it on normal without any continues.  I am sure as hell no master though like the guys on the Ikaruga Appreciation DVD.  That's the bar I need to get at.

oldskool

Blazing Lazers in God mode?   :-s  I don't even want to try.

Ikaruga is legendary.

Alt-PyschoNintega

Quote from: WoodyXP on 01/11/2009, 03:40 PM
Quote from: Nintega on 01/11/2009, 03:30 PMI can't even beat Area 1 on that mode. Any tips?
Avoid getting hit by bullets.  8)
That will be tough since the hitbox on the ship's sprite is pretty big.

Quote from: oldskool on 01/11/2009, 11:34 PMBlazing Lazers in God mode?   :-s  I don't even want to try.

Ikaruga is legendary.
Even on normal, I think Ikaruga is sadistic.
IMG

Joe Redifer

I never really cared too much for Ikaruga.  I liked it at first, but the switching gimmick wore off on me really fast.  However I really enjoy Radiant Silvergun, probably more than most people.

geise

Besides Panzer Dragoon Saga, Radiant Silvergun is my favorite game on the Saturn.  Close behind those games is Soukyugurentai.  I do like Radian Silvergun a lot better than Ikaruga, but Ikaruga added a nice change in gameplay to a shooter.  It's definitely not a game for everyone.  As for Blazing Lazers on God of Game it's hard as hell but not impossible.  I haven't beaten it on that level but I can get to Stage 4 after dying a couple dozen times of course.

Tatsujin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/12/2009, 09:14 AMI never really cared too much for Ikaruga.  I liked it at first, but the switching gimmick wore off on me really fast. 
very same here.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Alt-PyschoNintega

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/12/2009, 09:14 AMI never really cared too much for Ikaruga.  I liked it at first, but the switching gimmick wore off on me really fast.  However I really enjoy Radiant Silvergun, probably more than most people.
Quote from: geise on 01/12/2009, 09:36 AMBesides Panzer Dragoon Saga, Radiant Silvergun is my favorite game on the Saturn.  Close behind those games is Soukyugurentai.  I do like Radian Silvergun a lot better than Ikaruga, but Ikaruga added a nice change in gameplay to a shooter.  It's definitely not a game for everyone. As for Blazing Lazers on God of Game it's hard as hell but not impossible.  I haven't beaten it on that level but I can get to Stage 4 after dying a couple dozen times of course.
Yeah but I am being forced to use bombs constantly due to the cannons that take forever to kill and by the time I get to the boss, it is all over for me.

BTW if RSG wasn't like $300-$600, I would have got the game by now.  ](*,)
IMG

nectarsis

MAn $300-600..you REALLY need to look around man.  Seller on DigitalPress has a mint/complete copy with spine for $160. Even on Ebay theres only one above $260 (and ended auctions are from $130-180).  WHERE do you constantly see these ridiculous prices?
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Alt-PyschoNintega

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/12/2009, 10:11 AMMAn $300-600..you REALLY need to look around man.  Seller on DigitalPress has a mint/complete copy with spine for $160. Even on Ebay theres only one above $260 (and ended auctions are from $130-180).  WHERE do you constantly see these ridiculous prices?
Ebay. Where else?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Radiant-Silvergun-Sega-Saturn-Complete-JP-RARE_W0QQitemZ220324904199QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Vintage_Video_Games?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116
IMG

nectarsis

So the (by far highest) BIN is what a game goes for vs completed auctions?  #-o ](*,)  There's a number of lower priced BIN's.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Paisa49

Is this the same Nintega that got everyone's panties in a bunch last time?

Joe Redifer

Alt-PyschoNintega

Quote from: Paisa49 on 01/13/2009, 10:42 AMIs this the same Nintega that got everyone's panties in a bunch last time?
Hello Paisa49. Who you speak of was my evil twin, Higharolla Cigarillo Cockamamie. I had to talk some sense into him after his diabolical terror attacks on this awesome forum. Sorry for the inconvenience.

On topic, anyone else beat BL on God?
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

I got to level 4 once in a coke induced shooter fest.  I dont recommend trying it. >_>

and then I rolled the counter on defender for atari.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

MotherGunner

Havent tried that mode but I did beat it with one life on a TE (which in itself is an accomplishment)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)