@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

My Duo-RX needs a new region mod...

Started by Arjak, 10/27/2013, 01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arjak

So last night, I brought my Duo-RX to a gaming party to show it off, only to discover that HuCards were not booting up. This is not the first time this has happened. Ever since I got the system region modded by a member of these forums who has since left, I have occasionally found the wires coming loose, forcing me to have to re-solder them. The inside of my Duo is a mess of wires leading to this contraption that is my region mod, which makes re-soldering extremely difficult. (I had it done not long before the region mod chips started coming out.)

Well, I've had enough. I want a region mod upgrade. I don't care what it takes; I need help. I want the old region mod in my system removed and replaced with a new one that will work better and not break all the time.

Can anyone help me? [-o<
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

MotherGunner

That sucks man, in no particular order, TheSteve, BlueBMW, or Turbokon should be able to help.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

turbokon

Hey Arjak, your name looks familiar to me. I think it was me that did your region mod, back in like 2008 or 2009. Is it via the push button switch? I must admit, my earlier mods weren't that clean. I have picked up a few tricks and better methods since then.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Arjak

Hi, Turbokon. I'm sorry, I'd forgotten it was you who did my mod. For some reason, I was thinking it was Nat, who has since left the forum. Yes, it's a push button switch. Could you please help me?

I don't have much money available at the moment, due to needing it to get a ColecoVision fixed up this next month (the guy who does this is permanently ceasing his services this December), but I'd really appreciate it if you could help me and do whatever you can to get my Duo into shape. Please?

turbokon

Sure you bet, I'll get her fixed up for you:)

www.tg16pcemods.com

Arjak

Thanks! PM me your address, and I'll try to get it shipped out soon. :D

esadajr

Don't forget to post the results. I'd like read about the happy ending.
Gaming since 1985

Arjak

Quote from: esadajr on 11/04/2013, 05:48 PMDon't forget to post the results. I'd like read about the happy ending.
You bet. I'll definitely post about the results when I get my system back. :)

Arjak

Today, I got back my Duo-RX, and it works again! I tested the HuCard slot with both American and Japanese games and both regions booted up without a problem.

Thank you so much, Turbokon! =D>

turbokon

No problem, I'll be here if you ever have issue with it again, 20, 30 years down the road :)

www.tg16pcemods.com

wyndcrosser

Quote from: turbokon on 11/18/2013, 09:02 PMNo problem, I'll be here if you ever have issue with it again, 20, 30 years down the road :)
Can you tell me what the issue was? Loose wire from the hu-card slot? I just bought a pcb for this mod and I'll do it once I get it in the mail, it doesn't look hard. I'm thinking of putting the switch inside the hu card area

turbokon

Yeah, there were some loose wires. I installed the region chip and used better wires.

www.tg16pcemods.com