10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Somebody help me!

Started by Arjak, 06/25/2009, 03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arjak

Today, I tried to start up my Duo RX and it wouldn't work! :cry:

I have reason to believe it might be the power supply. I was twisting the cord around the plug box for storage in a way that twists the place where the cord connects to the plug. I also wasn't using a voltage adapter.

Can anyone send me a new one? I promise I'll treat it better! [-o<
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

NecroPhile

If you don't have a hard-on for an original adapter, you can nab an aftermarket adapter from Amazon or RadioShack.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BlackandBlue

Are you sure that the TV is on the right input?  Just asking cause I went through this already.  I freaked out since there was a HU in it, but nothing "worked".  Forgot that the light is for disc access and the TV was on the wrong input (my gameroom (aka basement) needs a bit of an overhaul that is starting this weekend for easier use).

Quote from: guest on 06/25/2009, 04:16 PMIf you don't have a hard-on for an original adapter, you can nab an aftermarket adapter from Amazon or RadioShack.
I must say NecroPhile, I love your sense of humor.  I think I have laughed at almost all of your posts.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Arkhan Asylum

I second Black and Blues's comment.  I did the same thing.  Check all your inputs, and put a CD in and press run to see if the disc does stuff

But if it really r dead, Radioshack has a perfect adapter for 20$

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2552560

I got one, it worked.

but then I realized my actual Duo one worked, so i went back to the store and returned it.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BlackandBlue

Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: BlackandBlue on 06/26/2009, 08:57 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/26/2009, 08:46 AMI second Zeon's comment. 
Zeon?   :P
oh. woops.

it was early and i was sleepy.  I saw your avatar and thought it was his face thing.

>_P
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arjak

It definitely wasn't the TV setting; I checked several times. I also tested the socket I was using; It worked.

No, it's definitely something related to my system. I hope it's just the power supply... [-o<

Arjak

So I got my new power supply and guess what?

My system still doesn't work! #-o

What should I check next?

NecroPhile

Quote from: Arjak on 07/01/2009, 04:14 PMWhat should I check next?
Did you make sure the wall outlet has power (seriously)?  Are you operating the power switch correctly (not seriously).  Crack that sucker open and check the fuse.

Arjak

Through the use of (Dad's) process of elimination, I have discovered a new clue.

When I tried a CD game, I forgot to press Run! I have just tried starting up a CD game, this time remembering to do so, and the "Busy" light came on!

Furthermore, my Dad found that something is wrong with the audio/video cable.

I believe the problem may be the cord connecting to the TV. Can anyone tell me where I can get a new one? :)

NecroPhile

Quote from: Arjak on 07/01/2009, 09:52 PMI believe the problem may be the cord connecting to the TV. Can anyone tell me where I can get a new one? :)
Check with fellow member pcenginesales; I believe she builds custom A/V cables.  First though, make certain that the cable is bad and not the socket.  The ports sometimes get a bit wonky over time but are easily fixed with a little soldering.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Arjak on 07/01/2009, 09:52 PMThrough the use of (Dad's) process of elimination, I have discovered a new clue.

When I tried a CD game, I forgot to press Run! I have just tried starting up a CD game, this time remembering to do so, and the "Busy" light came on!

Furthermore, my Dad found that something is wrong with the audio/video cable.

I believe the problem may be the cord connecting to the TV. Can anyone tell me where I can get a new one? :)
that damn busy light is a nuisance!  When AV doesnt work and you flip the switch and get no light you immediately think OH NO ITS DEAD.

I think you're the 3rd person (including me) to have that happen.

Whats the scoop? Did you ever get a new cable.?

Arjak

I went to pcenginesales' online store and bought a new A/V cable for my Duo RX and, just for fun, my Sega Genesis. Hopefully they will come soon.

I was still using an RF box for my Genesis, so this should be interesting.

Anyway, they had BETTER come soon, considering that right before I found out my Duo wasn't working, I ordered a bunch of games for it! Had to tell the seller what was going on, and that he'd have to wait on his feedback. :oops:

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Arjak on 07/10/2009, 01:25 PMI went to pcenginesales' online store and bought a new A/V cable for my Duo RX and, just for fun, my Sega Genesis. Hopefully they will come soon.

I was still using an RF box for my Genesis, so this should be interesting.

Anyway, they had BETTER come soon, considering that right before I found out my Duo wasn't working, I ordered a bunch of games for it! Had to tell the seller what was going on, and that he'd have to wait on his feedback. :oops:
lol ouch.

hmm I use RF on my genny.  Does the genny 1 even have AV out ?  Id love to get me a cable for that.

Arjak

Quote from: guest on 07/10/2009, 01:30 PMhmm I use RF on my genny.  Does the genny 1 even have AV out ?  Id love to get me a cable for that.
You're in luck...

http://www.retro-accessories.co.uk/

Go buy yourself that cable, Arkhan! For Great Justice!

Arkhan Asylum

hey! neat!

i need to get that!

damn!

Arjak

Guess what? My A/V cable came today, but now I've got an even more disturbing problem.

None of my HuCards work.

So, I open up my system and guess what I find?

A bunch of the wires for my region mod have come loose.

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! HULK SMASH! :evil: