Where can I get or what can I use for TurboDuo AV Wires with Stereo sound?

Started by JohnnyPhantom, 11/13/2012, 09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyPhantom

Hey everyone,
My TurboDuo works fine but came with only a A/V cord with a yellow and a white end (mono) is there a place where I can get a stereo version (Yellow, Red, White) of this cable? or how to make my own?
Thanks!!

hoobs88

I'm pretty sure the Mega Drive AV cable works on the Turbo Duo. There's a few AV cables on ebay for sale for $7-10 or perhaps someone on these forums has a spare.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Frank_fjs

Mega Drive cable will work but it won't provide stereo sound.

JohnnyPhantom

Quote from: guest on 11/13/2012, 12:33 PMhttp://www.japangamestock.com/buy_video_games.php?cPath=66&products_id=4104
Awesome link! only bummer is its $28 shipped... blah... how would one make his own? Also is there anyway to tell a MD one vs a PCE/TurboDuo one?
Thanks!!

VestCunt

TZD made a bunch of AV cables and loose ones still occasionally turn up on ebay for, like, $12. If I were you, I'd keep an eye out for a cheap cable and in the meantime use a MD cable for your video out and use the headphone jack for stereo sound (1/8" to stereo RCA).
Topic Adjourned.

JohnnyPhantom

Not sure who or what TZD is, but I'll keep an eye out, how can I tell what is one of his/their cables?

MotherGunner

I may* have one at home I can send you.  Let me dig through and get back to you.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

VestCunt

Quote from: JohnnyPhantom on 11/13/2012, 03:00 PMNot sure who or what TZD is, but I'll keep an eye out, how can I tell what is one of his/their cables?
Turbo Zone Direct was an online/mail order seller of new Turbo merch started by former TTI employees. They operated from the mid-Nineties until about 2008 when the business was sold to a scumbag who ran it into the ground.

Their aftermarket AV cables had a slimmer plug that didn't fit quite as tight. Anyway, none of this maters now. The TZD stock has scattered to the winds and ebay sellers don't know the difference. What you find online is luck of the draw. The point is that there are a surplus of AV cables in existence thanks to TZD, so it's not terribly hard to find one. If Mothergunner can't hook you up, then just keep an eye out for a cheap cable.
Topic Adjourned.

JohnnyPhantom

Thanks for the links! I found those as well but hate to spend all that money and just get a gen cable and be back to mono, I'm hoping Mothergunner has a spare, if not I may just make my own, I found a how too guide and its pretty simple

Bernie

If MotherGunner doesnt have em, I do.  Just cover shipping.  Let me know once he finds out.

BigusSchmuck

You could always hook up some bad ass computer speakers to your duo. Thats what I do at least. These work out great if you got the $$$:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121048
on sale too, $15 off.

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 11/13/2012, 07:56 PMYou could always hook up some bad ass computer speakers to your duo. Thats what I do at least. These work out great if you got the $$$:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121048
on sale too, $15 off.
Does that trick work if your caps aren't that great?

VestCunt

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 11/13/2012, 08:32 PMDoes that trick work if your caps aren't that great?
If your caps are failing, it's no time to be pinching pennies or buying speakers. Get them changed before they ruin the board.
Topic Adjourned.

MotherGunner

Still looking guys, I have a lot of boxes to go through so I may not be able to get to it today.  Bernie, if you can spare then by all means!  =)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

JohnnyPhantom