OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

TurboDuo Choppy Audio when it warms up

Started by JohnnyPhantom, 11/14/2012, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyPhantom

Hey everyone,
This Duo has been a nightmare, but I still love it ^-^
So where I'm at now, I've replaced all 6 caps from this video ->
and the 1 cap from this video ->
which has resolved my static audio problem, however now, when the system warms up, the audio quality will degrade and become garbled (almost sounds like under water) and will be gin to get choppy.

What caps should I look at next?

Thanks everyone!!

Keith Courage

You should really replace all of the capacitors in the entire system. However, for audio issues replace all of the caps above the two black heatsinks in the DUO. There are about 13 caps there total. You already did 6 of them in that area  now do the rest.

JohnnyPhantom

Yea I'm slowly replacing each cap. I only have the 10uF and the 22uF caps on hand so I'll replace all those, order the rest from The Cap King (CHEAP AND FAST SHIPPING! Love them!) and replace those once they arrive. I contacted the Cap king and let him know he should make a repair kit for the TurboDuo/Express since he offers kits for several other devices/computers now. He's looking into it, currently he has all the caps needed except the 5 X 50V caps but he's working on getting those.
Most of his caps are like 10cents-ish each and if i recall correctly, free fast shipping.

but thats enough sounding like a spam/ad post. but I will replace all the caps, so far I noticed I installed a cap that had came loose, (t'was my own shoddy work) fixed it and now the audio is much much better, just not 100% just yet.