OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Turbo Duo Pot Problem? I think? well... I dunno, read and you'll see :P

Started by JohnnyPhantom, 04/03/2013, 09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyPhantom

Hey everyone, It's been a while,
It's great to be back ^-^, was wicked busy with other problems/projects these last few months. BUT!! Free time now, so I dusted off the non working Duo and replaced all the caps! Wooo!!
I also replaced the laser when I last touched it.
Now its like 99% almost working. Here's the scoop. I adjusted the pots according to this guide, https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=8926.0 , measuring resistance with a multimeter
Using this chart...

IMG

Now, all my pots are lined up pretty close to those numbers. EXCEPT!!! 105.
on my 105 pot, AC is correct, BUT!!! not AB. AB shows ABSOLUTELY NO RESISTANCE at all. a big ol' 0 shows up on the multimeter, and when I do a connection test, the multimeter makes the "beep" noise to indicate those two points are connected. I looked around the entire board and I don't detect/see any solder bridges or anything. I can't see whats causing the connection. When I power the unit on, and load a game, as far as I can tell, the machine runs perfectly! Games load, HU card sounds, CD sounds, and redbook audio sounds perfect, no clicks or pops or anything.

Could it be a bad pot? are they replaceable? what should I do?

I'd like to make sure the system is 100% repaired, but this pot having no resistance makes me a lil.. iffy.

Should I just ignore it?

thanks for the help everyone!

JohnnyPhantom

Oh wait, I may have jumped the gun, The VERY NEXT POST after the chart post by DUO_R says "Update: ok did another read on VR105:

VR105:
AB: 0
AC:  .300
BC: .300

I am going to blame it on the cheepie ohmeter, looks like it wasn't displaying the decimal there. Not sure about the AB measurement but this is what I am getting now. Ok going to throw away the cheepie ohmeter now. lol"

sooo... AB at 0 is normal?