@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Game Sack

Started by Joe Redifer, 07/25/2011, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Redifer

I've heard from some in the community that Shock Troopers is "OK" because it was never released to the home system.  But again, don't really care.  I doubt too many of them will stumble upon it anyway so I shouldn't be hurt too badly.

blueraven

Quote from: Mathius on 01/16/2012, 11:00 PM
QuoteSometimes, you just gotta let all the puss leak out of the reddened area
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ROFLMAX

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: blueraven on 01/23/2012, 12:51 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 01/16/2012, 11:00 PM
QuoteSometimes, you just gotta let all the puss leak out of the reddened area
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ROFLMAX
puss leaking out of the reddened area.  lolol.  SOUNDS FAMILIARIRAR
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

VestCunt

Nice choice of games.  I may have to go buy NES Commando again.  I was really surprised that you included Mercs for the SMS; that port is pretty rough.

There was only one thing I would liked to have seen that wasn't in the montage: Captain Quazar!
Topic Adjourned.

guyjin

Joe Redifer

SuperDeadite

LOL Angel Mate has an English Text option which might help.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Sadler

I'm really enjoying these! They're all informative and amusing, and the production quality seems to get better and better every episode. Thanks man!

Mathius

Quote from: Sadler on 01/30/2012, 12:08 AMI'm really enjoying these! They're all informative and amusing, and the production quality seems to get better and better every episode. Thanks man!
Don't forget to thank Dave too. :)

SuperDeadite

Just rewatched this, and realized you gave no credit to BMW at all. 
He took the effort to ship that beast and stack of games, but you didn't even list
his name in the credits?

At the end you even have the games up on a shelf like you are the owner. 
And joke about owning TimeGal, when all of that stuff was shipped on loan. 

Looks to me you care more about your youtube sub list then real people that do
you very generous favors.

Joe Redifer

LOL!  BMW didn't want any special credit, we talked about that.  I think you're just a bit sore that we didn't glorify the system a bit more.  It's definitely something that should be seen through the eyes of someone who has no financial investment in the system.

SuperDeadite

BMW is the nice guy of nice guys.  Regardless of what he states, I see no reason to leave him out of the credits.
  It's just the right thing to do.

As for myself, financial investment?  LOL.  Only a fool considers games an investment.  I buy what I want with disposable
income.  The value means nothing to me and never has.

Mathius

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 01/30/2012, 12:58 AMJust rewatched this, and realized you gave no credit to BMW at all. 
He took the effort to ship that beast and stack of games, but you didn't even list
his name in the credits?

At the end you even have the games up on a shelf like you are the owner. 
And joke about owning TimeGal, when all of that stuff was shipped on loan. 

Looks to me you care more about your youtube sub list then real people that do
you very generous favors.
When I lent Joe Viewpoint for his "first" episode of GameSack he had it on his shelf like Blue's laserdiscs. It was all in good fun. :)

However, I hope Byron gave you permission to play frisbee.  :P

Joe Redifer

SuperDeadite, I go by the wishes of the donater/loaner.  I offered.  And what I mean by "investment" is basically "putting a lot of money into".  I do expect some slack from LaserActive owners who are angry that I didn't say it was the most amazing thing in the world.  Don't know if that will happen, but if it does I won't be surprised.

Quote from: MathiusHowever, I hope Byron gave you permission to play frisbee.
Yeah he didn't mind ruining a Time Gal for the joke.  "On less copy of that awful game in the world is a good thing" I believe was his exact quote.  :)

BlueBMW

Hahahahahaha!

Yeah I didnt want any credit on it.  Just wanted an independent review with no biases.

Going to watch it here in a sec
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Arkhan Asylum

what the fuck is wrong with Time Gal.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BlueBMW

Her voice!! So obnoxious!!!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/30/2012, 03:57 AMSuperDeadite, I go by the wishes of the donater/loaner.  I offered.  And what I mean by "investment" is basically "putting a lot of money into".  I do expect some slack from LaserActive owners who are angry that I didn't say it was the most amazing thing in the world.  Don't know if that will happen, but if it does I won't be surprised.

Quote from: MathiusHowever, I hope Byron gave you permission to play frisbee.
Yeah he didn't mind ruining a Time Gal for the joke.  "On less copy of that awful game in the world is a good thing" I believe was his exact quote.  :)
Fair enough.  I don't agree but I've said what I wanted to.  As for the LA games themselves it's like anything else.  The FMV crosshair shooters all play quite differently, but you have to actually play them to realize this.  For most people they all look the same, but then again most people wouldn't know the difference between R-Type and Thunder Force or any other shooter either.  I could care less what anyone thinks of the system in general, I like the games so I own them.  I've had way more fun with the small pile of LA games then I've had from the SNES library.

nat

Dear Game Sack,

I'm extremely upset you didn't identify the LaserActive as an NEC Console throughout the video. Clearly, due to the existence of an NEC PACK, the platform qualifies as such. It was obviously released in line with NEC's market strategy at the time as part of the official NEC line-up and was meant as an alternative to the Duo for people who think bigger is better.

The fact that the platform was developed and marketed by Pioneer was simply a farce propagated by NEC to conceal an attempted market monopoly. The LaserActive's ability to play SEGA games is trivial at best and certainly doesn't support the position that the LaserActive is an official SEGA console. It's evident the LaserActive was not part of SEGA's campaign at the time and the release of the SEGA PACK was just a further effort to throw authorities off the track of the platform's true status as an official NEC Console.

Please update your notes accordingly and revise your video to identify the LaserActive's true position within the NEC Console lineup.

Thanks,

Chairman of the Board
 LaserActive-As-An-NEC Console-Subcomittee

Mathius

NecroPhile

Quote from: nat on 01/30/2012, 12:58 PMChairman of the Board
 LaserActive-As-An-NEC Console-Subcomittee
Pure gold.  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

I roflcoptered so hard I crashed into a cliff.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 01/30/2012, 01:13 PMI roflcoptered so hard I crashed into a cliff.
Hahahaha!

Arkhan Asylum

OBEY HAWK DOWN.

WEVE GOT AN OBEY HAWK DOWN.

Joe Redifer

To be honest I've never cared much for Time Gal as a game.  I mean it sure looks nice judging by SuperDeadite's video but I like Dragon's Lair better for that style of game (better animation and artwork not to mention much funnier death sequences).  I'd still rather play Time Gal than Space Berzerker, though.

Tatsujin

Time Gal = Pure Sex!

Further questions?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

guyjin

PYRAMIDS ARE FOR HUMANS ONLY! :lol:

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/30/2012, 07:35 PMTime Gal = Pure Sex!

Further questions?
None at all.  I would be concerned if you of all people didn't like it.  :)

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/30/2012, 06:29 PMTo be honest I've never cared much for Time Gal as a game.  I mean it sure looks nice judging by SuperDeadite's video but I like Dragon's Lair better for that style of game (better animation and artwork not to mention much funnier death sequences).  I'd still rather play Time Gal than Space Berzerker, though.
Time Gal is a take it or leave it kind of game. I like the quality of the animation, though obviously it isn't of the level of Don Bluth's work on the Dragons Lair franchise or Space Ace. But it looks nicer than Super Don Quix-ote or Esh's Aurunmilla.

Speaking of the LaserActive version of that game, there is a ROM floating around where someone actually recorded all of the video off the laseractive disc, then set up a timing file to use with the Daphne emulators Singe extension. Since it was recorded passively, it's running at a higher resolution than off the actual laseractive.
--DragonmasterDan

Arkhan Asylum

Time Gal is awesome.  disagreeing means you're dumb.

xcrement5x

Time Gal comments ++

However, "Vajra 2: Vaj Harder" was met with a hearty laugh!

Cool episode, it turned out great.

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 01/31/2012, 12:33 PMTime Gal is awesome.  disagreeing means you're dumb.
TEH WORD!

Samurai Ghost

Speaking of Dragon's Lair, has anyone played Dragon's Lair HD yet? Seems like it would look great. The only copy I own is the Sega CD version and it's pretty gainy.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 01/31/2012, 09:21 PMSpeaking of Dragon's Lair, has anyone played Dragon's Lair HD yet? Seems like it would look great. The only copy I own is the Sega CD version and it's pretty gainy.
I've played it, it looks okay. Keep in mind it wasn't originally mastered on 35 MM or anything, so it can only look so good.
--DragonmasterDan

Joe Redifer

nat

The guy in that Test Drive Unlimited game really looks exactly like you. Are you able to design the facial features of the character or is that actually how the character appears, out of the box? If it's the latter, I have to say, that's.... pretty incredible.

Mathius

Looks like you guys have a new lighting system. :)

You got me interested in getting Test Drive: The Adventures of Joe Red. When I was a kid I always dreamed of a game that just let me drive in geographically accurate parts of the country as a guy named Joe. Thank Buddah that dream is a reality now.

Joe Redifer

You design your own character in TDU.  Maybe I switched on the hidden caveman mode or something.  :)

Ji-L87

I think your TDU character almost qualifies for the uncanny valley :p

TDU is an interesting premise brought down by twitchy car controls :p I tried the demo a multitude of times, but never quite adjusted to it. But really, we need more driving games that aren't pure racing games - i.e. closed to a track. I'm starting to think sandbox games like GTA, Just Cause & the like are becoming better at this than the racing games are. Really, give me a nice car, a goal, and a time in which I need to get there along with the graphics of OutRun C2C and the vehicle control & feel of Forza. TDU and it's sequel is a nice start I guess.
Another great episode, by the way : )
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

guyjin

I normally don't care for that sort of game, but I wanna get TDU now! :D

roflmao

Quote from: guyjin on 02/06/2012, 12:39 PMI normally don't care for that sort of game, but I wanna get TDU now! :D
Me too!  I got my license and my first car when I lived on Oahu.  It'll be fun to see if I remember any of those locations (I moved away in the early 90s).  I used to drive all over that island, though my car only had 3 cylinders, so it was never very fast. :D

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 02/06/2012, 02:24 PM
Quote from: guyjin on 02/06/2012, 12:39 PMI normally don't care for that sort of game, but I wanna get TDU now! :D
Me too!  I got my license and my first car when I lived on Oahu.  It'll be fun to see if I remember any of those locations (I moved away in the early 90s).  I used to drive all over that island, though my car only had 3 cylinders, so it was never very fast. :D
Magnum P.I. you wasn't. :P

roflmao

Quote from: Mathius on 02/06/2012, 02:31 PMMagnum P.I. you wasn't. :P
Quite right. :P  My license plate was DBA007, though, which I thought was pretty funny.

guyjin

Quote from: guest on 02/06/2012, 02:24 PM
Me too!  I got my license and my first car when I lived on Oahu.  It'll be fun to see if I remember any of those locations (I moved away in the early 90s).  I used to drive all over that island, though my car only had 3 cylinders, so it was never very fast. :D
I read about it on the wiki. I guess some details are not quite right.

I have a friend at work who also grew up on Oahu. On lunch breaks, he likes to watch Hawaii 5-0, but he says that whatever island they're on, it's not Oahu.

Joe Redifer

They don't have the stores and malls and whatnot which would be there in real life.  The road data was supposedly take from satellite data ala Google Earth or some such.

Joe Redifer

Mathius

I always was under the impression that Battle Garegga was extremely difficult thanks to its performance based difficulty system?

Joe Redifer

Not that I've noticed.  This is not to say that anyone can walk through the game unchallenged, but I believe that most can beat the normal difficulty without much hassle.

Mathius

Hmm that may rise it up my Saturn shootie list. :)