The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

Quote from: Missa on 07/04/2008, 09:44 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 07/03/2008, 10:27 PMAfther getting the frist one for the famicom i figure i could use the second one cib.
If you were able to stand playing through the first one, you really deserve the 2nd.  There is a light and day fun factor between the two.
The frist one for the,Famicom is the port of the arcade game.They are number differently for the famicom for wich is what i have right now.

I know what ya mean about the frist one for the nes though  :wink:

The,TMNT game i just order from jgs is consider the third one in the u.s the manhattan project.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

MissaFX

Quote from: TR0N on 07/05/2008, 02:26 AMI know what ya mean about the frist one for the nes though  :wink:
Ah, did the Japanese ever have to suffer through that stinker?
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Turbo D

Quote from: Missa on 07/05/2008, 02:09 AM
Quote from: turbo D on 07/04/2008, 10:19 PMI actually loved the first one up to the third level. I could never pass it  :(
Is that the water level or the one when you drive the Turtle Van?
Its the one with the turtle van. I did suffer in the water level though, but still enjoyed it haha.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

The first turtles game was awesome and classic, despite what some might say.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

nat

Turtles 1 on the NES was forgettable. Turtles 2 Arcade is where it's at.

TR0N

Quote from: Missa on 07/05/2008, 03:09 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 07/05/2008, 02:26 AMI know what ya mean about the frist one for the nes though  :wink:
Ah, did the Japanese ever have to suffer through that stinker?
They did it's under the title,TMNT Gekkikame Ninja Den.

As for it being a stinker i liked the game when i had a nes  :oops:

Yet it is one of most hated games for the console.
IMG

WoodyXP

/suprcz5.jpg

Got a Supergrafx in box with Daimakaimura for $70.
"I bathe in AES carts."

Turbo D

:o wow, thats a bad-ass deal!  =D> I remember when I first got my supergrafx, I was on that thing 24/7!!! I put a lot of time into daimakamura too! That port rocks!
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

very nice done woody. which shop sold for that cheap?^^

my todays new entry:
Tenshi No Uta / 天使の詩
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

WoodyXP

Game Souko in Aomori.. it's looking like the dry spell might be going away.  Good stuff is
trickling in again.  :D

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/05/2008, 08:17 AMvery nice done woody. which shop sold for that cheap?^^

my todays new entry:
Tenshi No Uta / 天使の詩
"I bathe in AES carts."

MissaFX

Quote from: WoodyXP on 07/05/2008, 05:29 AMGot a Supergrafx in box with Daimakaimura for $70. 
Wow, that's a great deal!
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Missa on 07/05/2008, 12:20 PM
Quote from: WoodyXP on 07/05/2008, 05:29 AMGot a Supergrafx in box with Daimakaimura for $70. 
Wow, that's a great deal!
Holy tamoli! That's crazy!  =D&gt;
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Sparky

Quote from: WoodyXP on 07/05/2008, 05:29 AM/suprcz5.jpg

Got a Supergrafx in box with Daimakaimura for $70.
my god that looks minty fresh, i am erect typing this :P

TR0N

Yesterday i won me two famicom games cib though the price was high  :oops: Though i think,it came down to a bunch of bid snipeing at the last mintue or so  :twisted:

Akumanjo Dracula II
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290241740566
Mario Bros
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290241741824

Well at least i won't have to worry about getting the games from the seller.

At most i all ways hear good things about japan-games.
IMG

SignOfZeta

The other day I bought a copy of Star Breaker from Hit Japan. I didn't know the thing existed until Insert Credit made mention of Rayforce's site still being up. I toured it and learned that it was RF's last PC Engine game. I'm hoping to love it as much as I loved Startling Odyssey 2.

In case you are interested: http://rayforce.nsrf.co.jp/h_r/opening.html
IMG

nat

Why the hell is the JP Famicom Mario Bros. so much? I would think it would cost pennies. The US version is like 50 cents.

TR0N

Quote from: nat on 07/07/2008, 11:43 PMWhy the hell is the JP Famicom Mario Bros. so much? I would think it would cost pennies. The US version is like 50 cents.
It's the box that is comes in is the reason and it was sold in a limted fasion.

Then (Mario Bros) was sold again in a gray box and is much more common and cheaper.

Far from what i know about it.

Though i supose if i got it from jgs it would have been cheaper,but i didn't think it would end that high.

Another thing it's not uncommon for "famicom version of games" can go for more then it's nes counter part.

Just look up what SMB3 go's for and you know what i mean.
IMG

Sparky

i got a mix bag of fun today... in the maily me gots from count Smirnoff :P a minty complete System 3.0 card for the PCE and well packed!!! also Clock Tower 3 for a buddy of mine, i liked this game but got some bad reviews.

Also for the NES... Athletic World with a double freak'n side mat which i need to test out and have never seen, really minty and a cheap buy, hope to get me body tight for the summer with this biatch :P or trade it off!!!

/cluster.jpg
/mat2.jpg

SignOfZeta

Quote from: Missa on 07/03/2008, 01:17 AM*drumroll*
I did it, I really went out and did it...I bought a 50 dollar PC-E game!

HCD5078actual.jpg
HCD5078actual2.jpg

ebay.com/NEW-GALAXY-FRAULEIN-YUNA-pc-engine-SCD-JPN

I have been looking at it on dreamstars for gawd knows how long and today I offered Toshi 50 dollars to end the listing and to sell to me for 50 dollars flat with EMS shipping.  I feel like a bit of a fool spending so much on a single game, but I think this really is a rare item which wasn't even listed as rare...how *cough* rare is that on ebay!? :shock:

The world of HuVideo, here I come!

2021 UPDATE: This game was targeted for localization by Supper and team!
Title: Galaxy Fräulein Yuna / Ginga Ojōsama Densetsu Yuna
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6247/
IMG IMG
IMG IMG

Extra:
https://www.genkivideogames.com/galaxy-fraulein-yuna-hu-video-hudson-soft-pc-engine-super-cd-rom/hcd5078
Sunofabitch...I used to own that. I bought it from TZD for $50 or so when it first came out. I sold it for $40 or something like that a year or two later. I've been sort of looking for it lately but haven't seen it. I had no idea it was worth money. Of course, if it sat at a $60 BIN for a year, maybe it isn't really worth that much, eh?

Its not really a "special edition" by the normal definition. Its a reprint from when Yuna 2 came out. The only difference is the extra CD, which is a 3 minute HuVideo OVA. I think it cost 1000 yen less than the original at release. Not sure. They didn't even bother to redesign the sleeve for a double case. As you can see, it doesn't quite fit. There is a really nice special edition Yuna 1 remake on Saturn that is super fancy.

For a Yuna fan this reprint is a must, and hey, why not? Yuna stuff is cheap really, $60 is probably the most expensive thing out there. The "gameplay" (such as it is) is slightly better in the first Yuna game even if the graphics in Yuna 2 are way way better.

The best Yuna game, IMO, is Yuna 3 for Saturn because its...actually a game. An isometric strategy game in fact.
IMG

Tom Phobos

Not today, but on monday i got my US-TG16 :) Before i only had japanese systems, now i can also play US-titles :)
Actually my only US-hucard is the system card 3.0 (good for testing, bad gor gaming :wink: ), but Neutopia is on its way and will arrive next week.
I bought the TG16 as a naked system, w/o ac-adapter and pad, but with RGB-mod. The ac-adapter is no problem, i use the adapter from my megadrive. So the only thing i actually need is a pad. Fortunally a dealer here in germany sells pads new and boxed for 15 Euro. So soon i can enjoy all the US-games (and hope, that someone sells a US magical chase for under $20 :lol: :wink: )

Tatsujin

some cool stuff get :)

/hauls20080713re1.jpg
/snowbrosgbwp6.jpg
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

CosMind

the bargain bin at best buy tapped me on the shoulder as i was checking out with the new gotham knight anime collection on dvd.
i turned around to see what the bin wanted, and it said, "you should take home this megaman zx advent (ds) for a mere $14.99.  naturally i replied, "why, i do say that i'll have to take you up on your offer, good sir bargain bin."

later in the day i hit up play-asia.com's summer sale and grabbed kururin squash! (gcn) for around 15 bones.

**note that the "!" in that title isn't me adding exciting emphasis.  it's actually part of the title proper.  however, it does warrant exciting emphasis :wink:

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Tatsujin

/duor1ch4.jpg
/duor2dw1.jpg

25$ DUO-R ^^

NecroPhile

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/16/2008, 09:51 AM25$ DUO-R ^^
Nice one, tatsujin.  How much was the RX pad, or was it part of the Duo-R deal?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

Turbo D

I swear, Tat is one lucky dude!  :)
IMG IMG
IMG

guyjin

I think he sold his soul to der Teufel.  :twisted:

nectarsis

For a pepper, and an ice cream ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Tatsujin

nonono, but thierry devilizer did sell his soul. so i just buy the stuff from him for teh peppered ice cream.

Turbo D

I bought an Altered Beast arcade machine today from a really cool dude  8). The grafx on the arcade are amazing, I don't think I can ever go back to the home ports. The difficulty level is up there with the pc engine version, but I have unlimited quarters.  :twisted:

abc.jpg
IMG
IMG
https://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/photodavid/abc.jpg
IMG IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Kick ass, turbo D, though it looks like the monitor needs a good degaussing.

guyjin

Sweet!

(how does one degauss a monitor that doesn't have the ability built in?)

NecroPhile

Quote from: guyjin on 07/18/2008, 05:13 PM(how does one degauss a monitor that doesn't have the ability built in?)
By using a degaussing coil.  It was common practice in the television repair business, as few sets had 'em built in.

PCEngineHell

You need a degaussing wand. Also,Altered Beast and a few of the other System 16 pcbs suicide,so be wary.

http://retroclinic.com/leopardcats/decrypt/decryption.htm
http://www.arcadecollecting.com/dead/dead.html
On the second link scroll down so you will see the Sega stuff.

guyjin

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 07/18/2008, 05:24 PMAlso,Altered Beast and a few of the other System 16 pcbs suicide,so be wary.
*reads article*

...the hell? why on earth would they do such a stupid thing?!  ](*,) [-X :evil:

NecroPhile

Quote from: guyjin on 07/18/2008, 05:35 PM...the hell? why on earth would they do such a stupid thing?!  ](*,) [-X :evil: 
To protect the ROM encryption, I guess.  :-k

PCEngineHell

Yea even in the 80's they were trying to prevent bootlegging. I mean,the roms could be copied,and the cpus,ect were usually easy access off the shelf parts,so stuff could be copied and sold for good profit on the bootleg market,esp in Asia.

Zeon

for $65 shipped I got all this:

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Not bad if i do say so myself...

atr3yu

Ok that makes me jealous :( Nice find thogh

MissaFX

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 07/18/2008, 05:24 PMYou need a degaussing wand. Also,Altered Beast and a few of the other System 16 pcbs suicide,so be wary.

http://retroclinic.com/leopardcats/decrypt/decryption.htm
http://www.arcadecollecting.com/dead/dead.html
On the second link scroll down so you will see the Sega stuff.
Did I miss something or did the dead page not go into the easiest fix for this problem.  I did this to a few of my more expensive CPS2 games back in the day.  You buy a small battery holder for the same type of battery as the board holds then attach 2 wires to it, the + wire with a stiff micro switch on it.  You then epoxy this little mounting and the switch to your board.  When you want to change the battery, you turn the switch to the on position and remove the old battery.  Once the new battery is securely in place, you turn the switch to off.  Adding this modification really increased the resale price of my Pocket Fighter and 19XX boards (I even made a tidy profit on the Pocket Fighter one).  From my understanding you can damage the chips this way, but only if you mess around and leave both batteries powering it for a few minutes.

If you cannot find a battery holder, some people just soddered wires to a battery and then epoxy mounted it by it's side edge.  It's a little more sketchy though in my opinion.

Tatsujin

for most of the games you als can do a romfix (patch), if....you have the equipement for (e.g. empty eproms, eprom-burner station, pc, soft...).
i fixed like that my 3 wonders (midnight wonders...) back in the days. altough i needed a security board from a street fighter II' as replacement for the battery board. today, they have a lot of ways how to fix suicide boards.

PCEngineHell

Yea Missa people are kinda tired of justy the battery swap anymore as its only  a temp fix. These days its best to get the stuff totally fixed and un-reliant of batteries. As for CPS2,only a few games can not be fixed yet,but most others can be "Phoenixed" via Razoola's fix or simply "Shadowed" via a similar method Macross126 uses on the boards he sells on ebay.

Keranu

44 oz Cherry and Mountain Dew slurpee. I think I have diabetes.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Keranu on 07/19/2008, 04:22 AM44 oz Cherry and Mountain Dew slurpee. I think I have diabetes.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just got up. You just threw my poor, tired and feeble mind for a loop.  :mrgreen:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

WoodyXP

I picked up a CDROM and IFU.. no power supply or cover.  It was listed as
junk/untested.  Brought it home.. ripped through Double Dragon II.  Works
like a charm for $5.
"I bathe in AES carts."

atr3yu

Splatter House for PC Engine, Rayman for the Atari Jaguar, Evermind Flash cart for the JVC X'Eye to enjoy my new ROM set!!!!

Joe Redifer

I bought two McDonald's double cheeseburgers (new/sealed/mint, though pickles and onions were not included) and some chicken McNuggets (complete) along with a hot fudge sundea (used but in excellent condition) and a small Diet Coke® (mint/complete).  Well worth the purchase!!

atr3yu

ZOMFG What a steal a slightly used Sundae!!!!  =D&gt;

TR0N

Famicom Games
/MetalSlug01/familot1.png

Hori Fightingstick 2 for PS2
/MetalSlug01/HoriFS2.png
IMG