@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Complete PC engine CD IFU setups and recapped Duo systems for sale.

Started by Keith Courage, 05/20/2014, 09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sn0zc0r3

Question - Is the component mod worth it over s-video? I'm kind of a dumbdumb when it comes to retro shiz and video output.

Regardless, PM re: Duo-RX mods and touch ups incoming!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: datbuta on 08/25/2015, 12:04 AMJust wanted to say that I picked up my modded PC Engine Duo from the post office over the weekend. I had tested a bunch of old games I had lying around the house that my brother had and everything works great!! Thanks Keith for the great work on the system! Fighting Street works great and I suck ass at this game! Ninja Gaiden and Sidearms are keeping me occupied!! Now all I need is another controller and a Duo Tap!
Your avatar makes your post sound like you're having a flood of emotions after having received your pce, specially with all the exclamation marks :lol:

IMG
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Keith Courage

Quote from: sn0zc0r3 on 10/01/2015, 10:15 AMQuestion - Is the component mod worth it over s-video? I'm kind of a dumbdumb when it comes to retro shiz and video output.

Regardless, PM re: Duo-RX mods and touch ups incoming!
In my opinion if you are using a CRT TV then I would go with S-video. Not saying that component doesn't look better than S-video. It's just that S-video is the best bang for the buck while keeping the colors looking the same as they do through regular composite. Also, component suffers from having very faint jail bars on solid colored backgrounds. So most games it isn't noticeable

Component and RGB I generally only recommend to people wanting to play the system on newer flat screen HD TVS. RGB is best for those wanting to use HDMI since good RGB scart to HDMI converters can be found for around $40 now days.

Gentlegamer

I don't know if there are any comparison pics, but NEC composite video is quite clean and high quality.
IMG

wildfruit

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 10/02/2015, 01:30 AMI don't know if there are any comparison pics, but NEC composite video is quite clean and high quality.
Yea from our man Mr mcovell
https://www.chrismcovell.com/gotRGB/screenshots.html#pce

NightWolve

Quote from: wildfruit on 10/02/2015, 02:47 AM
Quote from: Gentlegamer on 10/02/2015, 01:30 AMI don't know if there are any comparison pics, but NEC composite video is quite clean and high quality.
Yea from our man Mr mcovell
https://www.chrismcovell.com/gotRGB/screenshots.html#pce
That was interesting, never noticed it.

Koop

Can you do an S-Video mod for a Briefcase setup? I had read only component or RGB was possible.

If so I'd be interested as I was able to pick up an IFU to mod.

Keith Courage

Unfortunately S-video has to be installed in the system itself not the IFU. So if you already own a system I can add s-video to that.

Koop

Quote from: Keith Courage on 10/15/2015, 10:03 PMUnfortunately S-video has to be installed in the system itself not the IFU. So if you already own a system I can add s-video to that.
Can you get S-Video for CD-ROM games connected through an IFU setup? Like S-Video straight out of the PCE or the CD-ROM unit itself? Or just not possible with that type of setup?

Keith Courage

Yes video for all games will come out the system with the s-video mod. Including CD games. Audio would still need to be used from the IFU RCA jacks to have audio for both types of games.

Koop

Quote from: Keith Courage on 10/16/2015, 02:43 AMYes video for all games will come out the system with the s-video mod. Including CD games. Audio would still need to be used from the IFU RCA jacks to have audio for both types of games.
I see so you'd just S-Video mod the PC engine then? I would be interested in doing this in the future.

Keith Courage

Quote from: Koop on 10/16/2015, 05:08 AM
Quote from: Keith Courage on 10/16/2015, 02:43 AMYes video for all games will come out the system with the s-video mod. Including CD games. Audio would still need to be used from the IFU RCA jacks to have audio for both types of games.
I see so you'd just S-Video mod the PC engine then? I would be interested in doing this in the future.
Correct ;)

DrOrangejuicer

Picked up a PCE Duo from Keith recently, arrived in beautiful shape and running smoothly. Couldn't be more pleased!

Keith Courage

Never mind, I have a few more controllers on hand now.

GoldenWheels

Quote from: Keith Courage on 11/24/2015, 06:11 PMI am currently out of controllers for the PC Engine DUO systems and I am not sure when I will be receiving more. So I will be offering a $25 discount for any DUO purchased.

I still have matching white controllers for the pc engine briefcase setups and some orange core grafx ones for briefcase setups that have core grafx systems instead.
Keith, just saw this, is this going to apply to the one you're working on for me or no?

gheebee

A region modded and recapped PCE Duo arrived safely and well packed today from Alpha Zones! Everything looks great and I've tested it with some CD games, TG16 games, and PCE games with no issues. The only problem I had was with my Turbo Everdrive v2.1 but I really can't say this as a negative against the system I received given what we know about these drives; just mentioning this for those who have this version. All in all I am very happy with this and haven't done much but play it since it arrived! Thanks again!

Keith Courage

Glad it got to you safely. I know the region mods I install will work with version 1 everdrives without any issues.  I have yet to do any testing with any newer models. Hopefully the issues you are having have been taken care of with the newer version 2.4 everdrive.

stinkoman

Quote from: gheebee on 11/30/2015, 04:14 PMA region modded and recapped PCE Duo arrived safely and well packed today from Alpha Zones!
I had the same thing done to my PCE Duo and also received it yesterday. One thing I want to point out and compliment is how clean well done his region mod looks. His looks like it came from that factory this way.

gheebee

Quote from: stinkoman on 12/01/2015, 11:14 AMOne thing I want to point out and compliment is how clean well done his region mod looks. His looks like it came from that factory this way.
It really does. I never owned a Duo before and when I got the pictures of the one he worked on for me I first found myself wondering why they made these with two power switches. :]

mj9123456

I bought a recapped PC Engine Duo from Keith Courage recently, and it was an amazing experience. His communication was great, and he answered my many questions, packed everything super carefully, and delivered an amazing product. An absolute pleasure.

GoldenWheels

Got my S-video/composite to the back/region modded duo recently as well. Works great, Keith kept me fully informed throughout, and it was packed like a champ (took forever to get here but that was the USPSs fault, NOT Keith's!)

Also can echo the comments on the mods.....they look like they came from the factory.

ginoscope

Just got my TurboExpress modded with a 3.5" screen by Keith and I have to say he did an amazing job.  I can finally read some of the text in games using my Express.  I'm pretty sure it improved the battery too since I played it quite a bit last night.

As others have said the work looks very professional and I highly recommend him.

vitaflo

Keith Courage

Yes, sorry I was slow to respond. My holiday weekend was busy. Reply sent.

Ashevent

I was wondering if you had any Duo's still.

Next month i'll be getting some extra cash and since I have so many consoles i'm already working on restoring; I was hoping to buy one that's actually all finished and ready to play region free.

I was hoping to buy a RGB modded, region switch enabled PCEngine duo that's been recapped or an R/RX that's been checked inside/out and running fine.

Yes, i know..what a greedy so and so, he wants it all done for him..lol. Again, I'm so busy with Xbox mods/upgrades for friends and trying to get my Fairchild Cannel F up and running (and more)  that i'm being lazy this one time.

Since I've never been able to own a Turbographx or PCengine i'm a little out of my realm anyway and someone at AssemblerGames said you were "the man" when it came to these wonderful consoles so I thought i'd check and see. Appreciate your time

Jason_dicarlo85

Received my pc engine duo a few weeks ago.. Forgot to post about it..been busy playing it... Thanks again Keith works fantastic... And he answered my million questions before during and after the purchase and delivery.. Awesome dude to deal with

datbuta

Just wanted to bump this post and let anyone know that Keith's work is great. The system I have has been played a lot these couple of months. I haven't been on the forum lately but the system is going on strong!! Thanks Keith!!! My avatar represents my emotions every time I switch on the system!! Tears of manly joy!

stlpaul

I received my DUO from him last night and everything works great, it is in perfect cosmetic condition as well. Played a CD-R of Rondo of Blood for an hour or so, no problems. :) He also repaired my Sega CD system, and communication was great throughout the process.

Highly recommended!

LETMEINPLEASE

Psycho Punch

Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 02/19/2016, 07:04 PMPM sent with many annoying questions
LETMEINPLEASE, lol good nickname considering the registration process here.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

LETMEINPLEASE

Quote from: guest on 02/19/2016, 07:11 PM
Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 02/19/2016, 07:04 PMPM sent with many annoying questions
hahah thanks, can you tell I was getting desperate  :lol:

shabba

Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 02/20/2016, 11:04 AM
Quote from: guest on 02/19/2016, 07:11 PM
hahah thanks, can you tell I was getting desperate  :lol:
Don't feel bad. It's a common feeling for those of us without a system.
-Colin
Old enough to be your dad. Just ask your mom.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 02/19/2016, 07:11 PMLETMEINPLEASE, lol good nickname considering the registration process here.
Is having to wait a day or two really that big of a hardship?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

LETMEINPLEASE

Quote from: guest on 02/22/2016, 11:59 AM
Quote from: guest on 02/19/2016, 07:11 PMLETMEINPLEASE, lol good nickname considering the registration process here.
In my first post I made here I explain that I tried to register 5 times... I believe it was over the course of a little less than a year. I never got activated or responses until I tried my current name. In between all that I also emailed the actual webpage contact us link about it, but never got a reply from there either. I also asked someone else on the neogeo forums about it and what to do and they just said yeah sometimes it takes a while....Im not whiner, I just didnt know what else to do after all that time.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 02/22/2016, 06:07 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/22/2016, 11:59 AM
Quote from: guest on 02/19/2016, 07:11 PMLETMEINPLEASE, lol good nickname considering the registration process here.
In my first post I made here I explain that I tried to register 5 times... I believe it was over the course of a little less than a year. I never got activated or responses until I tried my current name. In between all that I also emailed the actual webpage contact us link about it, but never got a reply from there either. I also asked someone else on the neogeo forums about it and what to do and they just said yeah sometimes it takes a while....Im not whiner, I just didnt know what else to do after all that time.
I feel like, somehow, there has been something you weren't doing right in order for it to take that long. NecroPhile does stuff.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 02/22/2016, 06:07 PMIn my first post I made here I explain that I tried to register 5 times... I believe it was over the course of a little less than a year. I never got activated or responses until I tried my current name. In between all that I also emailed the actual webpage contact us link about it, but never got a reply from there either. I also asked someone else on the neogeo forums about it and what to do and they just said yeah sometimes it takes a while....Im not whiner, I just didnt know what else to do after all that time.
That response was to Punch's assertion that there's something wrong with the registration process here, implying that it still takes months to get approved.  Since being made a mod about 18 months ago, all new registrations are approved daily during the week, making most registrations approved within 24 hours and the longest waits being if someone registers on a Friday evening and isn't approved until Monday morning.

Like I said in your intro post, the problem with your registration was almost certainly on your end, with the activation email ending up in your spam folder or you using an invalid email account.  The only time when it might've been a problem here was if all four of your previous registrations were between 12/14/14 and 01/06/15, a time when the registration was overrun with spam bots; it was averaging over 100 spambot registries a day, and with no easy way to separate the four or five legitimate registrations from the garbage, they all got deleted.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

shabba

Keith, I've pm'ed you about a system. I also meant to ask if you would be up to recapping my Express if sent to you. It needs it.

Thanks!
-Colin

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 02/23/2016, 11:16 AMThe only time when it might've been a problem here was if all four of your previous registrations were between 12/14/14 and 01/06/15, a time when the registration was overrun with spam bots; it was averaging over 100 spambot registries a day, and with no easy way to separate the four or five legitimate registrations from the garbage, they all got deleted.
Ah, that sucks, so the registration page didn't have good Captcha features to block that shit... And now because of how crazy/excessive spambots have gotten for so many years, you got Captcha systems in place as soon as you hit a website and multiple verification techniques are used like showing you images or videos, asking you to pick out which ones have a sign in it or not, etc.!!!

Koop

Hey I dropped ya a PM KC to look into getting my briefcase setup modded. Let me know if you're taking on any work at all. Got to get this thing RGB modded  for my new PVM as soon as I can hah.  :D

Keith Courage

Sure, I'd be happy to work on your setup. reply sent

Koop

Quote from: Keith Courage on 02/27/2016, 04:20 AMSure, I'd be happy to work on your setup. reply sent
No worries I can only guess how hectic it gets for you. I've replied back so we can get this show on the road.

shabba

Well, I must say I'm surprised. I'm surprised because I bought a Duo-R from Keith last week towards the end of the week, Friday I think, and that thing wound up on my front porch today. Wow! I've never had a PCengine anything before and I must say, I'm floored. Keiths workmanship is absolutely amazing. When other people say it looks factory, it's the absolute truth. Since selling my last set up a few years ago, I have 2 games left to play, Keith Courage and Bonk 3. I've done nothing but play them all afternoon.

Thanks Keith!
-Colin

Koop

hey KC I sent you one last message before I send everything out tomorrow to you.  :D

wildfruit

Final spec PM sent!

EDIT
I don't know of you got my PM Keith, for some reason not showing up in my sent items folder. Tried a couple of times. Sorry if you did and your inbox is spammed.

Soviet Conscript

you don't happen to have any IFU-30's with RGB mods do you?
Oh my god! They're not even human!

Keith Courage

I don't have any finished with that right now but should shortly. I've been a little back logged getting these ready. there is a short waiting list. there is a short waiting list.

Soviet Conscript

Quote from: Keith Courage on 03/25/2016, 12:11 AMI don't have any finished with that right now but should shortly. I've been a little back logged getting these ready.
ah, when you do I'd be interested.
Oh my god! They're not even human!

vitaflo

Been so excited to play my RGB modded Briefcase from KC that I forgot to post a photo.  Wonderful job.  Perfect with my Everdrive.  Can't say enough about it and how well KC did on this.   =D>

instagram . com  /12797725_861365337323435_1155853557_n.jpg

wildfruit

Quote from: vitaflo on 03/26/2016, 10:31 PMBeen so excited to play my RGB modded Briefcase from KC that I forgot to post a photo.  Wonderful job.  Perfect with my Everdrive.  Can't say enough about it and how well KC did on this.   =D>

/12797725_861365337323435_1155853557_n.jpg
Nice. Cant wait for my duo!!