The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

WTB: Turbografx-16 coffee mug

Started by crazydean, 04/30/2018, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazydean

So I landed my first office job about a month ago and they have free coffee! I've never had much use for a coffee mug in the past because I needed to move around.

Anyway, I've always wanted one of those sweet, black turbografx mugs, and I was wondering if anyone here was interested in parting with one of theirs. I don't care which game is featured on it.

Also, in case I don't actually find one, what are some suggestions for other game-related mugs?

NightWolve

Ah, you're referring to comrade esteban's TG-16 mug, dunno where he got it, but he SURE loves it! Doesn't ever leave home without it and it has a way of winding up in interesting places all across the country! ;)

IMG
IMG

TheClash603

https://www.redbubble.com/shop/turbografx+16+mugs

I just googled it and was shocked by the TG16 mug selection available.  Note, I've never bought from here, just saw the link.

NightWolve

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/30/2018, 07:11 PMhttps://www.redbubble.com/shop/turbografx+16+mugs

I just googled it and was shocked by the TG16 mug selection available.  Note, I've never bought from here, just saw the link.
Yeah, I'm surprised by that too, had no idea so many were made.

I'm not terribly impressed with the Adol one but that's cool they have some.

IMG

Anyway, I'd ask esteban where he purchased his. It never occurred to me to ask and maybe I even wondered if he had it made himself or something.

Oh, congrats on the new job, crazydean, hope it works out!

crazydean

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/30/2018, 10:30 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/30/2018, 07:11 PMhttps://www.redbubble.com/shop/turbografx+16+mugs

Yeah, I'm surprised by that too, had no idea so many were made.

I'm not terribly impressed with the Adol one but that's cool they have some.

IMG

Anyway, I'd ask esteban where he purchased his. It never occurred to me to ask and maybe I even wondered if he had it made himself or something.

Oh, congrats on the new job, crazydean, hope it works out!
From what little info I found online, they were from a promo bitd. There are at least three variations that I've seen pictures of.

SignOfZeta

There is an infinite variety of bootleg shit out there now with hundreds of hack "designers" making so much junk nobody even polices it anymore. I think Americans are starting to lose their understanding of what "legit" even is these days and they never really grasped graphic design on the whole so they can't even tell that it's both fake and bad and very obviously.

"No, ET never fucked Rainbow Bright, not even in the Japanese edit of Ready Player One. I hope the Chinesium POS doesn't poison you! :)"

If you've ever been a member of any Facebook group you've seen mountains of this crap. My local Miata club went on Facebook and now we have spam for shitty Zoom Zoom T shirts and other suck crap that has never plagued the club in like 20+ years of existing as only a mailing list.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 05/01/2018, 05:37 PMThere is an infinite variety of bootleg shit out there now with hundreds of hack "designers" making so much junk nobody even polices it anymore. I think Americans are starting to lose their understanding of what "legit" even is these days and they never really grasped graphic design on the whole so they can't even tell that it's both fake and bad and very obviously.

"No, ET never f*cked Rainbow Bright, not even in the Japanese edit of Ready Player One. I hope the Chinesium POS doesn't poison you! :)"

If you've ever been a member of any Facebook group you've seen mountains of this crap. My local Miata club went on Facebook and now we have spam for shitty Zoom Zoom T shirts and other suck crap that has never plagued the club in like 20+ years of existing as only a mailing list.
Holy shit, I forgot about that "Züm Züm" campaign! I didn't remember it was Mazda... thought it was for Subaru Sidekick or something (I'm joking, just to run more salt in the wound).

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

roflmao

Quote from: esteban on 05/01/2018, 07:14 PMHoly shit, I forgot about that "Züm Züm" campaign! I didn't remember it was Mazda... thought it was for Subaru Sidekick or something (I'm joking, just to run more salt in the wound).

My Mom has a Mazda 3 and when it turns on the display says "Zoom Zoom." It's adorable.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/01/2018, 07:52 PM
Quote from: esteban on 05/01/2018, 07:14 PMHoly shit, I forgot about that "Züm Züm" campaign! I didn't remember it was Mazda... thought it was for Subaru Sidekick or something (I'm joking, just to run more salt in the wound).

My Mom has a Mazda 3 and when it turns on the display says "Zoom Zoom." It's adorable.
You are teasing me! You must be!

Sparky

Haha.

NightWolve

Hm, I dunno, I'd be embarrassed to be seen with this one now, but maybe in my teen years I'd roll with it...

IMG

More:
SuperStarSoldierMug1.jpg
SuperStarSoldierMug2.jpg

crazydean

Quote from: NightWolve on 05/01/2018, 11:37 PMHm, I dunno, I'd be embarrassed to be seen with this one now, but maybe in my teen years I'd roll with it...

IMG
Ya...all of the new ones look pretty rough.

schweaty

I'd love to get one as well if some enterprising individual with the wherewithal were to be able to l put a buy together

henrycsc

I thought these were nicely done.  Props to the designer.
https://www.teepublic.com/mug/748775-turbocom
https://www.teepublic.com/mug/2003142-super-engine-grafx
https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1839902-super-engine-cd  (or you can get the cup)

The original ones pop up from time to time, but they disappear pretty fast.  Good luck if you're looking for one of those.  They have the TG16 logo on one side, and a game logo on the other... Splatterhouse, Bloody Wolf, Devil's Crush, and Legendary Axe II I think were the only options.  Could only find pics of 2:

IMG IMG
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

geise

That Bloody Wolf one looks awesome!

esteban

Flare65

IMG

Got both of these from the Konami booth at the CES show in Chicago back in the mid 90's.  CES is long gone and now its what we all know as the E3 show.

SignOfZeta

CES still happens every year. They just don't do video game stuff anymore really.
IMG

SignOfZeta

Quote from: esteban on 05/01/2018, 08:09 PM

You are teasing me! You must be!

I don't know much about Mazdas besides early Miatas but they do pimp that shit pretty hard from what I've seen.
IMG

tbone3969

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

FiftyQuid

I didn't realize there was a gaming logo on the rear of these mugs.  Mine is there... It's just a little worse for wear.

IMG IMG
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

NightWolve

Ergot_Cholera

Quote from: crazydean on 04/30/2018, 12:22 PMSo I landed my first office job about a month ago and they have free coffee! I've never had much use for a coffee mug in the past because I needed to move around.

Anyway, I've always wanted one of those sweet, black turbografx mugs, and I was wondering if anyone here was interested in parting with one of theirs. I don't care which game is featured on it.

Also, in case I don't actually find one, what are some suggestions for other game-related mugs?
The coffee is not free. You will pay for it one way or another.

pixeljunkie

This thread reminded me of how I used to have a couple of these. I had the Splatterhouse one (sadly with a chip in it) and a TV Sports Football one. I left my TV Sports one at work overnight and it was stolen. argh!