Help list the hard to find PCE SHMUPS

Started by 98pacecar, 11/29/2013, 11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

98pacecar

Quote from: guest on 12/02/2013, 04:43 PM
QuoteThe personal insults came out after Vestcunt took a swing at me.
If you actually look at what he posted, it's a quote from two months ago about people who want to buy every game, even though they are unfamiliar enough with the library to have to ask what games are "worth", before blindly paying what they believe to be "fair market value".

The only game you should be on the look out for to snatch up before it's gone is the English version of Magical Chase. It's not simply a translation of the PCE version and has unique graphics. Air Zonk also has some artistic changes. There is a thread around here that details some of the other differences between TG-16 and PCE versions of games. Sinistron and Psychosis for example have different order of stages.
Thanks for the info. Magical Chase US will be out of reach unless someone finds a crate of them somewhere. It's  price is just crazy. I wasn't aware that some of the US versions were tweaked from the JPN versions, outside of language. I'll dig that up and see what it has.

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 12/02/2013, 06:13 PMThe only reason the Anearth Fantasy Stories demo doesn't come up for sale often in English circles, is because of the low demand. It usually rots on eBay, even at lower than what those who are aware of it consider to be fair market value.
really? I'm still looking for a complete MOOK, but which I am totally ubable to find in my fields of origin.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

VestCunt

Quote from: 98pacecar on 12/02/2013, 12:33 PMThough I will disagree that Vestcoat hit the nail on the head, that was nothing more than a rant from a simple mind based on not even enough information to call it limited. You yourself say I "seemingly know jack shit about the PCE". How do you or he know that?
Uh... by your posts? My two-month old joke is funny because you match the stereotypes.  You don't know what you're committing to. You are content to buy whatever Tats or other internet strangers tell you is a set. You don't know what a bootleg Sapphire looks like (hint: larger ring than any other PCE disc). You call yourself a collector, but the massive library of (five) SGX games is a mystery to you. You don't care about price, nostalgia, or gameplay, you just want to buy the rarest, most-expensive games (of which you are clueless) ASAP.

This is non-fiction, so don't be offended. You reveled all of this in your first few posts, hence Necro's "seemingly know jack". It's painfully obvious. Stop calling yourself a collector and you'll appear less comical. A Collector is a knowledgeable expert with a pre-existing collection. Try: "Noob Looking to Blow Wad, Follow Herd."
Topic Adjourned.

98pacecar

Quote from: guest on 12/02/2013, 08:52 PM
Quote from: 98pacecar on 12/02/2013, 12:33 PMThough I will disagree that Vestcunt hit the nail on the head, that was nothing more than a rant from a simple mind based on not even enough information to call it limited. You yourself say I "seemingly know jack shit about the PCE". How do you or he know that?
Uh... by your posts? My two-month old joke is funny because you match the stereotypes.  You don't know what you're committing to. You are content to buy whatever Tats or other internet strangers tell you is a set. You don't know what a bootleg Sapphire looks like (hint: larger ring than any other PCE disc). You call yourself a collector, but the massive library of (five) SGX games is a mystery to you. You don't care about price, nostalgia, or gameplay, you just want to buy the rarest, most-expensive games (of which you are clueless) ASAP.

This is non-fiction, so don't be offended. You reveled all of this in your first few posts, hence Necro's "seemingly know jack". It's painfully obvious. Stop calling yourself a collector and you'll appear less comical. A Collector is a knowledgeable expert with a pre-existing collection. Try: "Noob Looking to Blow Wad, Follow Herd."
Nope, I have no collection experience at all.

http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?action=profile&name=98PaceCar&folder=Collection

http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com/abt-who.htm

And still worth looking at even though they are a few years old.

http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com/abt-collection.htm#page=PC

CrackTiger

Quote from: 98pacecar on 12/02/2013, 08:59 PM
Quote from: VestCunt on 12/02/2013, 08:52 PM
Quote from: 98pacecar on 12/02/2013, 12:33 PMThough I will disagree that Vestcoat hit the nail on the head, that was nothing more than a rant from a simple mind based on not even enough information to call it limited. You yourself say I "seemingly know jack shit about the PCE". How do you or he know that?

http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?action=profile&name=98PaceCar&folder=Collection

IMG
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

PunkCryborg

Dude you got some crazy stuff listed in there. Do you have a complete A'can set???

98pacecar

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 12/02/2013, 09:33 PMDude you got some crazy stuff listed in there. Do you have a complete A'can set???
Technically no. I've never found confirmation that Rebel Star was actually released, but outside of that I have the other 12 games cib as well as the console cib in a rough box. The port of Sango Fighter is pretty good, given how bad Sango Fighter is!

PunkCryborg

Quote from: 98pacecar on 12/02/2013, 09:42 PM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 12/02/2013, 09:33 PMDude you got some crazy stuff listed in there. Do you have a complete A'can set???
Technically no. I've never found confirmation that Rebel Star was actually released, but outside of that I have the other 12 games cib as well as the console cib in a rough box. The port of Sango Fighter is pretty good, given how bad Sango Fighter is!
I played one 2 years ago at MGC and have always been interested in it since. Would have been an awesome machine for shooters. got a pic of your a'can collection together posted anywhere?

Tatsujin

ok one question here. you have all that uber many stuff, but what did you get into PCE'ing so late? I mean, it's like almost impossible to me to have that big of a pile of games and consoles, but in the same time ignored the PCEs existence over almost 3 decades.. or waht was the reason for it?.. just wondering :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 12/02/2013, 09:31 PM
Quote from: 98pacecar on 12/02/2013, 08:59 PM
Quote from: guest on 12/02/2013, 08:52 PM
Quote from: 98pacecar on 12/02/2013, 12:33 PMThough I will disagree that Vestcunt hit the nail on the head, that was nothing more than a rant from a simple mind based on not even enough information to call it limited. You yourself say I "seemingly know jack shit about the PCE". How do you or he know that?

IMG
or..

IMG

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/02/2013, 09:55 PMok one question here. you have all that uber many stuff, but what did you get into PCE'ing so late? I mean, it's like almost impossible to me to have that big of a pile of games and consoles, but in the same time ignored the PCEs existence over almost 3 decades.. or waht was the reason for it?.. just wondering :)
I have barely explored Saturn, PlayStation, PS2, etc. libraries. I will eventually get there, but they are not my priority.

Also, I spent a lot of time pussyfooting around with PCE CD games only (since I could play them on US DUO) until I realized that I needed to respect the PCE HuCARD titles as well. So I bought my first PCE.

All I am saying is: Nescafé.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

NecroPhile

Quote from: 98pacecar on 12/02/2013, 06:33 PMReally? Now you are going to start spewing personal attacks after admonishing me about the same?
It's not an insult when it's true.

By arguing the definition of words like a french lawyer, you've removed all doubt that you're a collectard fool.  Good day.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

98pacecar

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 12/02/2013, 09:47 PMI played one 2 years ago at MGC and have always been interested in it since. Would have been an awesome machine for shooters. got a pic of your a'can collection together posted anywhere?
I don't right now, but I will take some for you. I've always been impressed that there was one available to play at MGC. It's good to see folks getting the chance to try something so obscure. I usually end up spending some time down in that room each year, just checking out what I don't have.

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/02/2013, 09:55 PMok one question here. you have all that uber many stuff, but what did you get into PCE'ing so late? I mean, it's like almost impossible to me to have that big of a pile of games and consoles, but in the same time ignored the PCEs existence over almost 3 decades.. or waht was the reason for it?.. just wondering :)
Honestly, there's no real reason I can point to. I've had a number of TG16 games and have always been impressed with the quality, but I never made the jump to PCE. I'm disappointed in myself now that I have a proper PCE as the difference in the US and Japanese libraries reminds me a lot of the Saturn. The US library has some great titles, but the Japanese library almost has too many great titles. It's been a hole in my collection for too long, so I'm glad to finally be working on filling it.

98pacecar

Quote from: guest on 12/03/2013, 10:30 AM
Quote from: 98pacecar on 12/02/2013, 06:33 PMReally? Now you are going to start spewing personal attacks after admonishing me about the same?
It's not an insult when it's true.

By arguing the definition of words like a french lawyer, you've removed all doubt that you're a collectard fool.  Good day.
I think a German lawyer would be more appropriate here. They are more tenacious in their arguments. The French lawyer would be the one surrendering (perhaps by saying something like "Good day").

Never said I wasn't a collector. That's an (obviously) incorrect assumption on the part of a few in this thread. The truth is I enjoy my collection everyday, whether I'm playing, adding to it, or just doing the general maintenance it requires. If having the ability to do something I enjoy makes me a fool, then so be it. I'd rather be a collectard fool that enjoys life than an insufferable fool that only tries to bring others down because they do things a different way.

Arjak

Jesus Christ, where in the rules of this forum does it say to be a TOTAL ASSHOLE to EVERY NEW MEMBER!? It's no wonder we have so few regulars when we viciously attack every person who even thinks about joining! ](*,)

All this guy did was say he loved shooters, and that he wanted to start collecting for the PCE. Even if he does have games he doesn't play every day, SO FUCKING WHAT? I have games I don't play too often either.

I'm really starting to get sick of this constant suspicion of all new members around here. It seems like if you're new around here, all you have to do is look at someone funny, and everyone starts acting like a pack of rabid dogs. You guys may be my friends, but you all can really act like turds sometimes.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

majors

Quote from: 98pacecar on 12/03/2013, 12:23 PMIt's been a hole in my collection for too long, so I'm glad to finally be working on filling it.
[insert crude joke about mom here]

Quote from: Arjak on 12/04/2013, 12:06 AMYou guys may be my friends, but you all can really act like turds sometimes.
Isn't that what friends do? Maybe I've been just a poor friend all the years...

I've been reading this thread but staying out of it since we have enough gasoline 'round here. If current members rake new members over the coals and we loose all new blood, the forum will suffer from stagnation. But on the other hand, new members that do not fit in will just down grade the overall conversations (well, other than Fighting Street...that section always seems to thrive).

I replied with my opinion on Arjak's thread concerning this abuse. Maybe obeyers have a thick skin from being burned for the past 20 years for loving a outcast system and now we got our come-uppance.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Opethian

Quote from: Lochlan on 12/01/2013, 03:20 PM
Quote from: 98pacecar on 11/30/2013, 04:16 PMat a certain point there are titles that more or less end up as shelf filler
:(
Legion and Armed F I agree
IMG

rtyper

Posted by: Majors
QuoteIf current members rake new members over the coals and we loose all new blood, the forum will suffer from stagnation.
There don't seem to be many members that have smaller post counts like myself, but I've been lurking around here for a lot longer.
I got the same feeling like when visiting neo-geo forums.  :-"

IMG

Ceti Alpha

I enjoyed this thread immensely. Lol :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

rag-time4

Good thread!

The US version of Syd Mead's Terraforming seems legitimately hard to find.

Image fight isn't hard to find, but it's hard to beat.

The only thing that could improve this thread is a link to 98pacecar's PCE collection on pcedaisakusen.net

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/01/2013, 10:00 PMstill the same object. simply buying a game for the collection is still no hoarding imho. even it isn't a game intended for much play time.

I have severals games I just fired up once for pure checking reasons. stuff like uberboring ancient japanese civil war simulations or a karaoke box "games" etc. that I bought it for only one reason of completing my pce collection. maybe i will take a closer look at those once in the future, but sure not now that i have still plenty of top tier titles to fiddle around with.
This uberboring comment pissed me off! Until you have pulled an all nighter playing Nobunaga's Ambition or Romance of the Three Kingdoms, you haven't really lived!

CrackTiger

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/02/2013, 07:47 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 12/02/2013, 06:13 PMThe only reason the Anearth Fantasy Stories demo doesn't come up for sale often in English circles, is because of the low demand. It usually rots on eBay, even at lower than what those who are aware of it consider to be fair market value.
really? I'm still looking for a complete MOOK, but which I am totally ubable to find in my fields of origin. 
A few complete (with book) copies were available in the forum this past year and I've had one on my eBay watch list off and on over the last few years. I never bit because they come up semi-regularly and it was hard to justify the price over other potential PCE purchases.

Since this is exactly the kind of game 98pacecar wanted to look out for, the kind to jump on when you find it at a good price, I snatched one up for $35 on eBay after this thread reminded me to check again. :)

Unfortunately, it seems that 98pacecar wasn't interested in non-collector discussion after all. :|
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: rag-time4 on 01/06/2014, 05:37 PMThis uberboring comment pissed me off! Until you have pulled an all nighter playing Nobunaga's Ambition or Romance of the Three Kingdoms, you haven't really lived!
There's nothing like a good old match of L'empereur.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

98pacecar

Quote from: guest on 01/06/2014, 08:16 PMUnfortunately, it seems that 98pacecar wasn't interested in non-collector discussion after all. :|
I'm still around, just taking some time to read older threads. That and play more of what I've already picked up. Kind of addicted to the first Download right now. I keep trying to get further into it to see how much worse the engrish gets!

98pacecar

Quote from: rag-time4 on 01/06/2014, 05:37 PMGood thread!

The only thing that could improve this thread is a link to 98pacecar's PCE collection on pcedaisakusen.net
I've been a user of RFGeneration for a while, so my collection is listed there.

Hu Cards
http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?name=98PaceCar&action=&results=&findimages=&folder=Collection&console=%7C039%7C&type=

CD
http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?name=98PaceCar&action=&results=&findimages=&folder=Collection&console=%7C041%7C&type=

I've also got the full run of Supergrafx, but that doesn't really need a link to a list.

rag-time4

Quote from: 98pacecar on 01/07/2014, 12:04 AM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 01/06/2014, 05:37 PMGood thread!

I've been a user of RFGeneration for a while, so my collection is listed there.

Hu Cards
http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?name=98PaceCar&action=&results=&findimages=&folder=Collection&console=%7C039%7C&type=

CD
http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?name=98PaceCar&action=&results=&findimages=&folder=Collection&console=%7C041%7C&type=

I've also got the full run of Supergrafx, but that doesn't really need a link to a list.
Here is a link to my profile on PCEDAISAKUSEN... it allows you to check games off as you clear them. It will give us another way to judge you.

I'm at about 20% clear, which is nowhere near where I want to be.

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/33/137/show-user.htm

Here's my collection:

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/137/show-collection.htm

GohanX

I would say that all of the PCE shmups are hard to find. I go to Gamestop every week looking for some, and they never have any. They just ask me if I've played the latest Call of Duty since I'm a harcore shooter fan.

98pacecar

Quote from: JKM on 01/08/2014, 04:59 PMI would say that all of the PCE shmups are hard to find. I go to Gamestop every week looking for some, and they never have any. They just ask me if I've played the latest Call of Duty since I'm a harcore shooter fan.
Interestingly enough, I have a friend that bought a copy of Radiant Silvergun at an Electronics Boutique (now owned by Gamestop) back in the day. He keeps the receipt to prove it. I don't know if they ever had any PCE stuff, but I could see them possibly having had some of the PCE CD since it's region free.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: 98pacecar on 01/08/2014, 10:30 PM
Quote from: JKM on 01/08/2014, 04:59 PMI would say that all of the PCE shmups are hard to find. I go to Gamestop every week looking for some, and they never have any. They just ask me if I've played the latest Call of Duty since I'm a harcore shooter fan.
Interestingly enough, I have a friend that bought a copy of Radiant Silvergun at an Electronics Boutique (now owned by Gamestop) back in the day. He keeps the receipt to prove it. I don't know if they ever had any PCE stuff, but I could see them possibly having had some of the PCE CD since it's region free.
Electronics Boutique around us carried a bunch of popular Saturn imports towards the end of its lifecycle in the discount bin (I remember seeing Radiant Silvergun, the Capcom Generations collection, Xmen vs. Street Fighter and the like). In my infinite wisdom I passed them up, haha. Ours had copies of Dracula X for sale for the PCE here and there (IIRC they were $70 or so each, brand new). Not much in the way of PCE though.

esteban

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 01/08/2014, 11:03 PM
Quote from: 98pacecar on 01/08/2014, 10:30 PM
Electronics Boutique around us carried a bunch of popular Saturn imports towards the end of its lifecycle in the discount bin (I remember seeing Radiant Silvergun, the Capcom Generations collection, Xmen vs. Street Fighter and the like). In my infinite wisdom I passed them up, haha. Ours had copies of Dracula X for sale for the PCE here and there (IIRC they were $70 or so each, brand new). Not much in the way of PCE though.
Wow, that's kool that Dracula X was available in an EB store. I know that the EB's and Software Etc.'s in my area (northeast Jersey) never carried any imports (PCE).

I wonder how they would source PCE imports?

Anyway, I wish I had an opportunity to look at import PCE titles back in the day. It would have been awesome.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

I bought Drac X Saturn and Radiant Silvergun at EB. Their Saturn imports weren't much more than domestic games, while local import stores charged 2 - 3 times the price of domestic games. From everything I've read from that time onward, ES was at most EBs that carried imports and always seemed like a very common game. Which is why, like with too many other games, it's a joke that it one day sky rocketed in collectible value.