10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

WTB a game for the Funtech Super A'can

Started by saturndual32, 07/20/2014, 12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saturndual32

Over a year ago, i got my hands on a somewhat cheap super a'can console, and i quickly managed to get my hands on a decent priced extra control pad, and the game African Monopoly, all from EBay. But i havent been able to get my hands on another title since.
Anyone willing to sell me one game?

saturndual32

Oh, it was a joke?, i was actually gonna look for the Konix stuff i have lying around on my closet  :P.
Sorry i dont have any decent equipment to take screenshots, and the game i have isnt interesting at all, its just a table game. But at least it gives me the chance to actually try the system, i guess.

BlueBMW

I only have three games... seems like they're super hard to find.  The systems are somewhat plentiful.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

saturndual32

You got 3 games, BlueBMW?. Thats nice, which are they?

esteban

Quote from: saturndual32 on 07/21/2014, 12:33 AMYou got 3 games, BlueBMW?. Thats nice, which are they?
African Monopoly
A'can M'opoly
Monopoli d'Afrika
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BlueBMW

Haha este!

Flying Dragon, some baseball game and some rpgish thingy
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

saturndual32

Flying Dragon, thats one of the interesting ones, at least to me, since i love platformers. That one and the other platformer called C.U.G., or something like that, are at the top of my wanted list.
Just to give myself an idea, how much did you pay for them?

BlueBMW

No idea actually... I traded an x68000 for those three and a system a little while ago.   You might hit up pacecar98 for more acan info.

saturndual32

98pacecar

Tough system to find games for. I got my games a few years back, before the systems became so much more common on ebay. I was paying about $50-$75 a piece for boxed games at the time, regardless of source. But at the time, there were just a few of us trying to find them so it was a lot easier and nobody pushing the prices up.

I had quite a few offers for just the 3 games that I traded to BlueBMW, up to about $85 a piece for loose copies.  But he had some X68000 goodness that I just couldn't resist so they all went to him along with my second system and controller.

Truthfully, there isn't a whole lot worth playing once you get past CUG, Boomzoo, and Speedy Dragon. Sango Fighter is fun, but I used to play it a lot back in the day on PC so I think it's mostly nostalgia for me. The rest are cool from the standpoint of being legit Taiwanese releases, but for gameplay they aren't worth grabbing.

Feel free to bounce any questions you have off of me. Unfortunately, I can't really point you towards any reliable sources for the games.

saturndual32

Thanks 98pacecar. So the games right now are rarer than i tought :). Now i feel even luckier that at least i have one title for it  :mrgreen:.
I guess that since you were selling your loose copies at 85 dollars some time ago, i should expect to pay about 100 dollars now for a loose game, right?, and thats in the rare case that a game pops up. Thats a bit more money than i had right now, hehe.
Hey, at least i will always have African Monopoly  :dance:.

98pacecar

Truthfully, I'm not sure if the $85 a piece was a great offer or a terrible offer. I felt it was more than fair, but I was more interested in trading with BlueBMW than selling so I turned it down.

On the open market, it's hard to say what they would go for. I suspect around that point, but it's been so long since I've seen any come up that it's a pure guess. I know a lot more people have the console now and most of them are in the same boat as you in having a game or two and wanting more.

Good luck with your search, the games are out there, but are tough to find. You might try the assemblergames.com forum. They were some of the first people to really get interested in the A'Can, but I think the main guys that had them there have already sold off their games.

saturndual32

OK, thanks a lot for the info 98pacecar.