uh... wut?

Started by bob, 01/06/2017, 08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/162349022967

nope, i have never seen this before.  but i will be first to admit i am not an expert in obscure accessories
i assume somebody has one

CrackTiger

Seriously? :P

It's infamous around here and people regularly demand support for it in games. EGM covered it bitd, it's basically a subwoofer with a creepy cover that you sit on to get blasted in the ass by shouryukens .
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

bob

Quote from: guest on 01/06/2017, 09:04 PMSeriously? :P

It's infamous around here and people regularly demand support for it in games. EGM covered it bitd, it's basically a subwoofer with a creepy cover that you sit on to get blasted in the ass by shouryukens .
thats funny.  no, i dont recall reading about it in threads.

SamIAm

Apparently Metamor Jupiter was made to have rumbly low-frequency sound effects specifically for this device.

Also, Panasonic made something that was basically a clone and was advertised for more general use. In fact, the parts for the PCE version were manufactured by Panasonic in the first place, so the clone is probably very similar indeed.

http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/tetuya/FXHP/pcengine/hard/vcsyon.html

esteban

Quote from: SamIAm on 01/06/2017, 09:16 PMApparently Metamor Jupiter was made to have rumbly low-frequency sound effects specifically for this device.

Also, Panasonic made something that was basically a clone and was advertised for more general use. In fact, the parts for the PCE version were manufactured by Panasonic in the first place, so the clone is probably very similar indeed.

http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/tetuya/FXHP/pcengine/hard/vcsyon.html
I never knew about the Panasonic connection. :)

Quote from: gynt on 01/06/2017, 09:06 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/06/2017, 09:04 PMSeriously? :P

thats funny.  no, i dont recall reading about it in threads.
I would love Virtual Cushion support in all homebrew.

:)

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

i have only been here a few months

ToyMachine78

I think it's a peripheral for Steam Hearts.

CrackTiger

Apparently esteban last asked for Virtual Cushion support a couple weeks ago in the Lucretia thread. :P
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

bob

Lucretia talk makes my crystal flicker

Keith Courage

That cushion is to keep your ass from falling asleep while playing your Turbo Express/GT on the toilet.

gojira1954

Sony did a similar thing with their' BOODO KHAN' walkman

IMG

SuperDeadite

Besides Metamor, Image Fight II also "officially supports it."  I did a youtube vid on this thing a looong time ago if you search for it.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Gypsy

Is there a master list of herp derp PCE accessories?  :dance:

esteban

Quote from: gojira1954 on 01/07/2017, 05:15 AMSony did a similar thing with their' BOODO KHAN' walkman

IMG
Ok, I ever knew about this. I am intrigued.

Look at the headphones. What a glorious aesthetic. I saw a lot of "bulky" stuff in the 80's (Aiwa's AM/FM radio built into headphones, they were actually pretty sweet), but I don't recall too many headphones with the design above.

Quote from: Keith Courage on 01/07/2017, 04:46 AMThat cushion is to keep your ass from falling asleep while playing your Turbo Express/GT on the toilet.
Absolutely. I have a 3.5mm headphone plug splitter. This allows me to plug my TE/GT into the Virtual Cushion and my home stereo simultaneously.

It is literally the best of all worlds.

One word describes it: WALLOFSOUND.

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 01/07/2017, 06:17 AMBesides Metamor, Image Fight II also "officially supports it."  I did a youtube vid on this thing a looong time ago if you search for it.
BAREKNUCKLE FIGHT (Penalty Stage music?) generates surprisingly satisfying vibrations, if you know what I mean.

To display additional examples of irony, press the "MOAR" button below.

ASIDE: Even though I know how ridiculous the Virtual Cushion is, I should have purchased a brand new one when they were selling for $20-40. BECAUSE.

esteban

AVGN (sorry) had a XMAS episode with the admittedly brilliant conceit that two players should play a game using as many silly accessories/peripherals as possible.

One of the items (Aura Interactor) was a subwoofer chestpack that you strap on...hilarious! It makes the Virtual Cushion look like a dignified piece of audio gear.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aura_Interactor

Update: Apparently, this idea of strapping a subwoofer on your torso did not die in the early 90's...

https://www.google.com/amp/gizmodo.com/subpac-m1-review-a-subwoofer-you-wear-like-a-backpack-1474875799/amp?client=safari

bob

what was that circle thing you were supposed to stand in and play hands-free(?)
maybe it was for genesis i vaguely remember.

TheClash603

Quote from: gynt on 01/07/2017, 11:00 AMwhat was that circle thing you were supposed to stand in and play hands-free(?)
ACTIVATOR!

That was complete shit.  My friend got it and when you are in fifth grade you believed the commercials and magazine ads.  At his bday party we all lined up to play Mortal Kombat and when the shit we were doing didn't translate to the screen, talking about how much Activator sucked became the hit topic for weeks to come.

esteban

Update: The saga continues...

http://www.bassshakers.com

Wow. I didn't know.

elmer

Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/07/2017, 11:16 AM
Quote from: gynt on 01/07/2017, 11:00 AMwhat was that circle thing you were supposed to stand in and play hands-free(?)
ACTIVATOR!

That was complete shit.  My friend got it and when you are in fifth grade you believed the commercials and magazine ads.  At his bday party we all lined up to play Mortal Kombat and when the shit we were doing didn't translate to the screen, talking about how much Activator sucked became the hit topic for weeks to come.
I'd managed to block it from my memory until you reminded me of its existence.  :wink:

I remember having to support that in at-least one game before the stupid thing died a well-deserved death.   ](*,)

It was horribly inaccurate and slow to respond. 2-levels (high and low) on each of the 8 segments, IIRC.

technozombie

Quote from: gynt on 01/06/2017, 08:59 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/162349022967

nope, i have never seen this before.  but i will be first to admit i am not an expert in obscure accessories
i assume somebody has one
Shoulda searched the forums beeyoch. Consider yourself hazed.

technozombie

NecroPhile

Quote from: Gypsy on 01/07/2017, 08:59 AMIs there a master list of herp derp PCE accessories?  :dance:
What?  They're all awesome!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NecroPhile

I'm..... uncomfortable.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bob

Quote from: guest on 01/09/2017, 12:13 PMNatural evolution of the concept...

IMG
null, be careful.  you shouldnt share images of products you are testing until the press release comes out.
by the way... did you find the perfect fit yet?

xcrement5x

I actually still have an Activator, it's a pretty horrible product but Sega could sell almost anything back in the Genesis days. 

I still would love to get an Aura Interactor some day, I keep waiting to find one locally but have never lucked out yet. 

Joe Redifer

Quote from: guest on 01/06/2017, 09:04 PMit's basically a subwoofer with a creepy cover that you sit on to get blasted in the ass by shouryukens .
Is it only for CD games? Because the PC Engine does not (or cannot) make sounds low and loud enough to be benefitted by a subwoofer. A high-fidelity sound chip it is not. Pretty much mostly midrange.

blueraven

Quote from: gynt on 01/06/2017, 11:00 PMi have only been here a few months
:lol:

It's an air cushion that vibrates.

Quote from: guest on 01/09/2017, 12:42 PMI'm..... uncomfortable.
:lol:

Quote from: guest on 01/09/2017, 12:13 PMNatural evolution of the concept...

IMG
Thank you for driving this thread directly into the ground. It's all your fault, Nulltard.

Quote from: Gypsy on 01/07/2017, 08:59 AMIs there a master list of herp derp PCE accessories?  :dance:
If there is, I'm sure esteban has scans of them. :)

TurboXray

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/14/2017, 07:38 PMIs it only for CD games? Because the PC Engine does not (but could) make sounds low and loud enough to be benefitted by a subwoofer. A high-fidelity sound chip it is not. Pretty much mostly midrange.
Corrected for you ;)

NoSexGex

For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/14/2017, 07:38 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/06/2017, 09:04 PMit's basically a subwoofer with a creepy cover that you sit on to get blasted in the ass by shouryukens .
Is it only for CD games? Because the PC Engine does not (or cannot) make sounds low and loud enough to be benefitted by a subwoofer. A high-fidelity sound chip it is not. Pretty much mostly midrange.
The Blazing Lazers Arrange really was intended for the Virtual Cushion (as a joke, years ago). I was going to buy VC and I wanted to see what sorts of music created the best experience (i.e. disproportionate bass, but not too gratuitous). I just wanted to goof around with the obscure audio gimmicks from the era (there is another wacky thing.... Roland Sound System? that you'll find on a game or two? I can't remember). I don't think the Pac-Land soundtrack has particularly booming bass, but, hey! All the more reason to slap the Virtual Cushion all over it :)
IMG

IMG