PC Engine Cityscapes

Started by technozombie, 01/07/2017, 02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

technozombie

I decided to go ahead and make the Cityscapes post. Starting with the first thing I could find while searching. City Hunter Oedo 808

IMG

esteban

Post Vigilante CityScapes here.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

technozombie

Psycho Punch

Scrolling to the rightmost part of the cityscape in vigilante is offensive.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

technozombie

esteban

Quote from: technozombie on 01/07/2017, 04:19 PMJust for you Este: /8SDHcG.gig
That is the precise moment. :)

Such a neat transition.  Very cinematic, but not in a way that distracts from the game.

technozombie

Edit:
Adding PCE Snatcher
makeagif.com/Xy5uXv
i.makeagif.com/media/1-07-2017/Xy5uXv.gif

Alt:
IMG

Another Cybercity
IMG

Is there a PCE emulator that will you let you strip away layers so you can get a clean screen cap of the backgrounds?

CrackTiger

Magic Engine lets you turn off either sprites or tiles.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TurboXray

Quote from: guest on 01/07/2017, 05:05 PMMagic Engine lets you turn off either sprites or tiles.
Gross!

Ex_Mosquito

Download - Intro

IMG

exodus

I'm real busy today, so can't grab screens, but some good ones off the top of my head:
- iga ninden gaoh
- psychic storm
- Valis 3

I'll come up with some more later :P

Arkhan Asylum

Hey wait, Atlantean has cityscapes. 

lol.   nailed it.

kinda.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

exodus

Valis III (pce on left)
IMG

Psychic Storm
IMG

Valis II
IMG

Iga ninden gaoh
IMG
https://web.archive.org/web/20080321202221fw_/http://www.pcengine.com.br/ingaiou/ingaiou.htm

But I suspect you're more looking for cutscene stuff, so:
Cyber City Oedo 808
IMG
https://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9mujaOZ801qd4q8ao1_500.png

Genji Tsuushiin Agedama
IMG
https://68.media.tumblr.com/1bd5d63d07f1739e763ef0a4c4565978/tumblr_n0xtmcPEik1roqda3o1_r2_500.gif

more as they come to me!

technozombie

These are great. Soon I'm going to use magic engine to take some screentshots with only the background layer.

wildfruit

I really dig the one from the first stage of psychic storm. It's beautiful. They got the colours just right

esteban

Quote from: wildfruit on 01/24/2017, 07:48 PMI really dig the one from the first stage of psychic storm. It's beautiful. They got the colours just right
Compare the gorgeous Psychic Storm cityscape to the sad, little cityscape from Cyber Core.

:)

PS I am a fan of a Cyber Core. But it simply cannot compare.

exodus

Psychic storm is a pretty neat game! each stage intro has a little tiny cityscape too.

NoSexGex

If i correctly recall Cyber City Police had beautiful city drops. Let me see if i can find it
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

esteban

Final Zone 2 has cityscape! The helicopter stage!

Michirin9801

Final Soldier!!
/final_soldier_capture_by_michirin9801-dawto5k.png

Also:

FraGMarE

technozombie

Quote from: exodus on 01/24/2017, 06:36 PMValis III (pce on left)
IMG

Valis II
IMG
So the PCE Valis takes place in PCE town and the other one in Reno?

NoSexGex

IMG

Here's a very crude picture from cyber city OEDO
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

CrackTiger

I heard you guys like cityscapes.

IMG
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: guestIMG
Nice....some Last Resort lookin' Henshin stuff me thinks!
IMG

esteban

Hell yes, we like cityscapes!

CrackTiger

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 08/05/2017, 11:30 PMNice....some Last Resort lookin' Henshin stuff me thinks!
There is actually a different stage with a section which looks much more like that Last Resort stage. :)

Arkhan Asylum

someone do an Atlantean one, I'm lazy.

lol
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/06/2017, 11:09 PMsomeone do an Atlantean one, I'm lazy.

lol
I thought this thread was for cityscapes not shittyscapes.  :P

IMG

They look better in movement (dat parallax!), but they still look nice in still pics.  My favorite is the busted down NYC.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Yeah, with the statue of derpity. 

I thought someone maybe did the parallax thing as a GIF before.  I don't remember.

JoshTurboTrollX

Always loved the intro to Bomberman '93. :D

IMG
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Ex_Mosquito

IMG IMG

/2mfbu42.png

Gredler

cool picture but can you edit your post to shrink the size of the image?
use [ img width=500 ] image url [ / img]

technozombie

I'm glad to see this thread is still going. I love these cityscapes.

IMG IMG

nopepper

Quote from: Gredler on 08/10/2017, 09:10 PMcool picture but can you edit your post to shrink the size of the image?
use [ img width=500 ] image url [ / img]
Please follow this advice, as Lost Sunheart deserves better!

I can see and hear the spiraling enemy waves dancing to the trippy music, just from that picture.

xcrement5x

I saw this link this morning and it instantly reminded me of this thread:
https://www.field.io/project/ultraviolet-break-of-day/

Quote from: Marcus Wendt PhotographyPROCESS
Due to a heavy dose of jet lag induced insomnia, I've started to explore the Kowloon area of Hong Kong as well as Shenzhen's Huaqiangbei "The World's Greatest Electronics Market" late at night on a recent trip to China.

I realised that the unfamiliar place, time of day, the carpark rooftop I found accidentally and misusing Lightroom to create improbable isometric perspectives all help together to create a slightly alien and uncanny atmosphere that reminds me of early 1990's cyberpunk games + films like Syndicate or Blade Runner, which led to developing the aesthetic for this series.

Part II: Lucid Dreams In Seoul
FIELDIO-Lucid-Dreams-Seoul.webp
FIELD Ultraviolet II Seoul 1_2500x0_95.jpg

esteban

Quote from: guestI saw this link this morning and it instantly reminded me of this thread:
https://www.field.io/project/ultraviolet-break-of-day/

Quote from: Marcus Wendt PhotographyPROCESS
Due to a heavy dose of jet lag induced insomnia, I've started to explore the Kowloon area of Hong Kong as well as Shenzhen's Huaqiangbei "The World's Greatest Electronics Market" late at night on a recent trip to China.

I realised that the unfamiliar place, time of day, the carpark rooftop I found accidentally and misusing Lightroom to create improbable isometric perspectives all help together to create a slightly alien and uncanny atmosphere that reminds me of early 1990's cyberpunk games + films like Syndicate or Blade Runner, which led to developing the aesthetic for this series.

Part II: Lucid Dreams In Seoul
FIELDIO-Lucid-Dreams-Seoul.webp
FIELD Ultraviolet II Seoul 1_2500x0_95.jpg
^ that pic is fantastic!