10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Super SD System 3

Started by synbiosfan, 12/07/2017, 02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackTiger

You just set the system card rom of your choice in options menu. It plays CD games without anything in the HuCard slot.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Todd Gill

My review of the Super SD System 3 is out!

CrackTiger

Here's what I posted in the neo-geo.com forums:

I waited until now to post about my initial experience with the PCE Super SD System 3, because I wanted to have something factual to present, to discourage people from reporting problems that are likely not the result of the SSS3 itself.

When I first went to try out my SSS3 I was surprised to find that I don't have or have misplaced official power supplies for my white PC Engine, SuperGrafx and TurboGrafx-16. So I used one of those modern cheap Sega Genesis/SMS and NES 2-in-1 power supplies with my white PC Engine and SSS3. I also could only find csync Genesis/Mega Drive 2 scart cables with audio left/right breakout (by retrogamingcables).

I wound up with a worse version of the kind of lines and static that seemed to be the issue with the old board. Behind the lines was a color correct nice RGB image though. My PC Engine has an internal RGB mod and using that output produced a perfect picture. I didn't post about it here or anywhere, because I wasn't using a stock power supply and the audio breakout on the cable might also be a contributing factor.

Today I finally had time to find an official SMS power supply and using it with the same setup, all of the visual noise/static and strong lines are already gone. There is only faint diagonal jailbars, the kind you typically find with stock RGB for 240p consoles which actually output RGB without mods.

So I'm still not using the correct power supply and not the ideal scart cable, but the picture quality is already as good as or better than typical console stock RGB quality and much better than PC Engine RGB mods by people like doujindance.

I'm sure that there are still going to be people posting complaints online, saying that the RGB issue hasn't been fixed, neglecting to mention that they're using random power supplies or RGB cables. When I finish putting together an overview video of the SSS3, I'm going to include an uncut segment showing what happens when using a substitute power supply and then switch to an official one.

Everything else about it works great. I recommend unchecking "Boot To Last Game" until the In-Game Trigger is fixed (if it isn't already). I'm not making separate folders for games sorted by letter or favorites or anything. Navigation is so fast that it's not necessary.

FX Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine works fine, but for some reason the redbook audio even at the lowest volumes, has some kind of reverb distortion, as though the volume is cranked all the way. Maybe ripping the pressed disc will produce something different? All ripped CD games I've tried so far, even mp3-to-wav conversions, sound normal.

This product is a dream come true and I can't wait till I've finish converting the rest of my mp3 isos to wav and loading the complete set onto the 256GB card I bought for it.

Thanks a lot Terraonion. :)
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

nectarsis

This is looking more and more tempting...
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Gypsy

Nice, great to read.

Mathius

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/17/2018, 02:14 PMThis is looking more and more tempting...
Yes it is.

CrackTiger

I finished unzipping and converting a "complete" set of Turbo/PCE isos. Often a Japanese version is not included if there is an English version of a game. Some demos are included. It seems to be as complete as can be expected for commercial releases, except Daisenryaku II is missing. It currently totals 438 discs and takes up 174GB. So a 256GB sd card has plenty of room for published homebrew, hacks and translations. I just need to figure out how to rip hombrew CD games. :P

Opening the folder of CD games in the SSS3 menu takes 13 seconds and then navigating through them is as fast as folders of any format or size. My HuCard rom folder has 768 files, is 218MB in size and takes a split second to open. It includes translations, sound roms, hes files and misc demos.

Traditional sound roms don't usually work with the SSS3, but some do. Sound roms made by Deflemask that I've tried have not worked. Hes files don't show up in the list. Tom's adpcm example roms, which are decoded by the PC Engine's cpu and not the IFU chip, play fine. So for now, the Turbo Everdrive is still relevant for its ability to play chiptune rips. But it's still much easier to navigate through HuCard roms on the SSS3.

I'd resisted stretching out my SSS3 by trying it on my unmodified TG-16 until today. After spending a lot of time using it with my white PC Engine, I noticed a lot more static/lines/misc across picture when a CD game was loading or certain processes were happening during games of any kind. During typical gameplay segments though, there was only the minimal jailbars I described before. This PC Engine has an RGB mod which produces a picture as perfect as I've seen with various video mods performed by various people. It also has a region switch mod.

When I tried the SS3 with my unmodified TurboGrafx-16 (and SMS psu), I found none of those picture issues during processes and the in-game jailbars are pretty much invisible while the screen is moving. Knowing exactly what a stronger version of them looks like makes them more apparent to me, but they're still difficult to pick out at first, even when a game is paused.

This is why I wanted to report imperfections with a disclaimer about the setups I was trying. Many people take recommended settings as an "excuse" for problems with a product. I've already narrowed down not only a range of issues from using a cheap power supply and possibly unoptimal RGB cable, but it now seems that a jailbar fix, RGB or region switch mods are also the cause of picture quality degradation.

I'm probably going to go back to my original plan of getting an umodified CoreGrafx with stock power supply to use withe SSS3 and a Packapunch MD2 cable without audio breakout. I'll just use a TED with my modded SuperGrafx when I feel like playing SGX games.

Gredler

Thanks BT I really appreciate the clear info you're providing. 

I have an unmodified core grafx2 collecting dust that I had hoped to use in my office so maybe this will be my best option short of buying a tiny crt or pm

Is there any interface to hook this thing up to a pc to transfer builds, or do you need go remove SD card each time to update?

CrackTiger

Quote from: Gredler on 03/18/2018, 05:53 PMThanks BT I really appreciate the clear info you're providing. 

I have an unmodified core grafx2 collecting dust that I had hoped to use in my office so maybe this will be my best option short of buying a tiny crt or pm

Is there any interface to hook this thing up to a pc to transfer builds, or do you need go remove SD card each time to update?
I'm not sure if they left an option to create one, but they did for the NeoSD Pro. It's basically lined in, but they didn't waste resources on the port itself, since 99% of customers have no use for it.

xcrement5x

Quote from: CrackTiger on 03/17/2018, 02:06 PMFX Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine works fine, but for some reason the redbook audio even at the lowest volumes, has some kind of reverb distortion, as though the volume is cranked all the way. Maybe ripping the pressed disc will produce something different? All ripped CD games I've tried so far, even mp3-to-wav conversions, sound normal.
I see that under the radar humblebrag!

I can't wait for the game to come out officially and see everything you guys have pulled off on the system ;)

Joe Redifer

There are sound issues for CDDA and ADPCM that go above a certain level. I'm confident that the same issues would be present in HuCard audio if HuCard sound could go loud enough. Coury from My Life in Gaming and I are working with TerraOnion to resolve this issue which they say they can fix with firmware. But it will be a few weeks because there's some nonsense going on in Spain now, some holiday or something else that they do.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/29/2018, 08:53 PMThere are sound issues for CDDA and ADPCM that go above a certain level. I'm confident that the same issues would be present in HuCard audio if HuCard sound could go loud enough. Coury from My Life in Gaming and I are working with TerraOnion to resolve this issue which they say they can fix with firmware. But it will be a few weeks because there's some nonsense going on in Spain now, some holiday or something else that they do.
Sounds about right.  I bought stuff from a dude in Spain one time and he told me he couldn't ship it for like 2 weeks because of some holiday.  At first I called bullshit, but then I did some research and realized that is really what it is like over there.  No wonder the UK left :P

CrackTiger

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/29/2018, 08:53 PMThere are sound issues for CDDA and ADPCM that go above a certain level. I'm confident that the same issues would be present in HuCard audio if HuCard sound could go loud enough. Coury from My Life in Gaming and I are working with TerraOnion to resolve this issue which they say they can fix with firmware. But it will be a few weeks because there's some nonsense going on in Spain now, some holiday or something else that they do.
Makes sense. They mentioned a while back when they first did the redesign, how they adjusted the sound levels and could do so in the future if needed, all through just the firmware. They even considered a suggestion to allow the end user to make sound balance adjustments sometime in the future.

I'm guessing that this is the reason the that redbook audio has the issue it does while playing FX Unit Yuki on the SSS3. It doesn't seem to happen until the bgm really kicks in, then it doesn't go away.

SavagePencil

Would those sound issues include not having a buzz increase when it accesses the SD card?  That's pretty awful.

Joe Redifer

Reverse the capacitor marked C60! If you use composite video or sync-on-composite for your RGB cable it could cause issues over time. Just flip it around. It's mounted in the wrong orientation. If you use C-sync for your RGB cable then you should be fine.

IMG

Todd Gill

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/02/2018, 07:55 PMReverse the capacitor marked C60! If you use composite video or sync-on-composite for your RGB cable it could cause issues over time. Just flip it around. It's mounted in the wrong orientation. If you use C-sync for your RGB cable then you should be fine.

IMG
Actually, that capacitor C60 IS for Composite sync, not composite video.

So if you use a Csync cable, it should really be flipped around. However don't expect a change in video quality.

Joe Redifer

Voultar looked at it and he said: "C60 A.C. couples composite video. It doesn't have anything to do with csync."

I'm curious, what makes you think it's for C-sync? Either way though, it should be flipped.

mickcris

I pointed that out on page 1 of the thread on the shmups forum.  They didn't seem to care then and probably still dont.  It was also like this on their protype.
https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=1289822#p1289822

Joe Redifer

Anyone having issues running games ripped by TurboRip? I ripped two games (Ys IV translated and Castlevania Rondo of Blood Translated) from discs I have (the later was given to me at a con I think). I get LOAD ERROR no matter what. Can anyone recommend a good ripping program that will rip to BIN/CUE? The SD3 seems to like that.

Todd Gill

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/03/2018, 12:42 AMVoultar looked at it and he said: "C60 A.C. couples composite video. It doesn't have anything to do with csync."

I'm curious, what makes you think it's for C-sync? Either way though, it should be flipped.
You are absolutely correct. I just rebuzzed out the pins and found that it was indeed hooked to composite video rather than Csync. I never realized composite video would need to be amplified on the PCE.

Keith Courage

Imgburn will do Bin/Cue but I prefer Alcohol 120% myself. It's just what I'm used to using.

Joe Redifer

Thanks, that did the trick! My Alcohol complains that its trial is up (thought I had a good version, guess not) but I'm more used to IMGBURN anyway. I figured TurboRip was made for a reason, that reason being that other rippers weren't very good. But I guess TurboRip is still the best if you want to apply translation patches and whatnot. Or do simple things like fix that one underground track in Shadow of the Beast where you get hiss noise that comes in after 4 or 5 seconds because someone whoopsied during the mastering.

Groover

This is a really cool product. I'm just waiting for the revision that works out all the kinks.

I'm happy to hear they are listening to the community and improving the product.
IMG

synbiosfan

I'm really enjoying mine. Not playing anything I haven't already played but my lazy ass loves everything at my fingertips.

pixeljunkie

Quote from: Groover on 04/03/2018, 07:59 PMThis is a really cool product. I'm just waiting for the revision that works out all the kinks.

I'm happy to hear they are listening to the community and improving the product.
I'm just worried that might not happen the ways things are going right now. I'm glad I got in on one - especially if they pull the plug on the project altogether. I love mine so far.

toaks

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/03/2018, 04:53 AMAnyone having issues running games ripped by TurboRip? I ripped two games (Ys IV translated and Castlevania Rondo of Blood Translated) from discs I have (the later was given to me at a con I think). I get LOAD ERROR no matter what. Can anyone recommend a good ripping program that will rip to BIN/CUE? The SD3 seems to like that.
I used TurboRip to rip all my games and so far they have worked great.

CrackTiger

Quote from: pixeljunkie on 04/05/2018, 03:28 PM
Quote from: Groover on 04/03/2018, 07:59 PMThis is a really cool product. I'm just waiting for the revision that works out all the kinks.

I'm just worried that might not happen the ways things are going right now. I'm glad I got in on one - especially if they pull the plug on the project altogether. I love mine so far.
Just keep in mind that products like the Turbo Everdrive and Hi-Def NES/Analogue Nt have gone years without similar or worse "kinks" being solved and everyone loves them.

NightWolve

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/02/2018, 07:55 PMReverse the capacitor marked C60! If you use composite video or sync-on-composite for your RGB cable it could cause issues over time. Just flip it around. It's mounted in the wrong orientation. If you use C-sync for your RGB cable then you should be fine.

IMG
Thanks for the pro-tip GameSack.net! Very nice clear photo!

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/03/2018, 04:53 AMAnyone having issues running games ripped by TurboRip ? I ripped two games (Ys IV translated and Castlevania Rondo of Blood Translated) from discs I have (the later was given to me at a con I think). I get LOAD ERROR no matter what. Can anyone recommend a good ripping program that will rip to BIN/CUE ? The SD3 seems to like that.
Ah darn, I was asking them if ISO/WAV/CUE image file format worked properly as that's crucial/easier for PCECD fan translation projects, somewhere they said it works but guess not for you. So the backup plan would be to rip/patch them to ISO/WAV/CUE, mount the CUE file with Alcohol or whatever Virtual CD software you have which should process them fine, rip again with a BIN/CUE ripper like ImgBurn or whatever for your OS platform (Joe's an Apple guy I believe).

Or, you look hard enough, you can probably find 'em all pre-patched somewhere in BIN/CUE...

Quote from: guest on 03/17/2018, 02:06 PMHere's what I posted in the neo-geo.com forums:

I waited until now to post about my initial experience with the PCE Super SD System 3, because I wanted to have something factual to present, to discourage people from reporting problems that are likely not the result of the SSS3 itself.

When I first went to try out my SSS3 I was surprised to find that I don't have or have misplaced official power supplies for my white PC Engine, SuperGrafx and TurboGrafx-16. So I used one of those modern cheap Sega Genesis/SMS and NES 2-in-1 power supplies with my white PC Engine and SSS3. I also could only find csync Genesis/Mega Drive 2 scart cables with audio left/right breakout (by retrogamingcables).

I wound up with a worse version of the kind of lines and static that seemed to be the issue with the old board. Behind the lines was a color correct nice RGB image though. My PC Engine has an internal RGB mod and using that output produced a perfect picture. I didn't post about it here or anywhere, because I wasn't using a stock power supply and the audio breakout on the cable might also be a contributing factor.

Today I finally had time to find an official SMS power supply and using it with the same setup, all of the visual noise/static and strong lines are already gone. There is only faint diagonal jailbars, the kind you typically find with stock RGB for 240p consoles which actually output RGB without mods.

So I'm still not using the correct power supply and not the ideal scart cable, but the picture quality is already as good as or better than typical console stock RGB quality and much better than PC Engine RGB mods by people like doujindance.

I'm sure that there are still going to be people posting complaints online, saying that the RGB issue hasn't been fixed, neglecting to mention that they're using random power supplies or RGB cables. When I finish putting together an overview video of the SSS3, I'm going to include an uncut segment showing what happens when using a substitute power supply and then switch to an official one.

Everything else about it works great. I recommend unchecking "Boot To Last Game" until the In-Game Trigger is fixed (if it isn't already). I'm not making separate folders for games sorted by letter or favorites or anything. Navigation is so fast that it's not necessary.

FX Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine works fine, but for some reason the redbook audio even at the lowest volumes, has some kind of reverb distortion, as though the volume is cranked all the way. Maybe ripping the pressed disc will produce something different ? All ripped CD games I've tried so far, even mp3-to-wav conversions, sound normal.

This product is a dream come true and I can't wait till I've finish converting the rest of my mp3 isos to wav and loading the complete set onto the 256GB card I bought for it.

Thanks a lot Terraonion. :)
Nice review!

LostFlunky

Thinking about ditching the bulk of my games and getting one of these... I have had most of my stuff since the early 90's... not gonna be easy, but my kids have no interest in it at all...

SmaMan

I just got mine in a couple days ago and I'm lovin' it so far! I think it shipped just after they went back and flipped those caps around on the boards. (Though I'm using HD Retrovision Component cables so I'm not sure if that'll matter much in the long-run.)

As far as audio noise, I haven't seen much. Maybe a little bit here and there but I've gotta really be hunting for it. That kind of stuff has never really bothered me, but I suppose it could for other people.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

TR0N

mylifeingaming look at it when that revision comes out maybe then i'll look into buying one.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Everblue

I was just about to pull the trigger on this when the MLiG video was released. I am a bit worried now due to the picture noise and the various audio issues. Anyone used one of these with a Framemeister? Any particular issues?

pixeljunkie

Quote from: Everblue on 04/18/2018, 03:06 AMI was just about to pull the trigger on this when the MLiG video was released. I am a bit worried now due to the picture noise and the various audio issues. Anyone used one of these with a Framemeister? Any particular issues?
I use a Framemeister with mine on a 55" TV - original white PCE + retrogamingcables.uk RGB cable

Audio noise is really only noticeable when the card is accessing. As I've stated before...clean the hell out of your EXT BUS before hooking this up and it helps with audio noise. Visual noise is case-by-case. It's not something I would EVER really notice or complain about. If you have scanlines on it's even less noticeable. Even as-is, with the "complaints" I'm seeing online and the concerns in the MLiG video it's still one of the coolest things I've bought in ages. Love it. Highly recommended!

technozombie

This seems really cool, but I just can't justify it. I have a doujindance Duo-R that need some work done and I think that would be a better place to put my dollars.

zetastrike

They are going to fix that capacitor right?  My PCE has (or will have) s-video installed, so I'd rather just use that if the hd retrovision cables will hurt it.  I love that we're finally seeing solid state replacements for CD consoles like this, the Saturn, and 3DO.  I just got my Rhea and love that, this seems just as good.

geise

With prices on games now there is no way I'd just start getting rid of my games from the early days. As nice as they are I would still want to play my actual owned games at some point, even if I owned one.

Keith Courage

I do not own one of these but I'm curious as to why people are complaining about sound being heard during loading sequences. Especially since the original systems have noise over the audio during the time the CD drive needs to access something as well. So if anything it's more authentic.

Anyone have audio issues with theirs? Just watched this review and the audio problems sound pretty bad. Turns me off from the idea of buying one of these.
(Skip ahead to time 7.00 for audio issues)

PCEngineTrev

I ordered mine last week, cant wait to get it!

They seem to take an age to ship though. How long after ordering did ppl here get their units? Im based in the UK.
IMG

SavagePencil

Quote from: Keith Courage on 04/28/2018, 05:15 AMAnyone have audio issues with theirs? Just watched this review and the audio problems sounds pretty bad. Turns me off from the idea of buying one of these.
Yes.  The audio during SD access sounds a loud buzz through the speakers, but you didn't seem too concerned with that.  There is high-end clipping and distortion (also check out the MLiG video for examples).  Additionally, there is a consistent level of hum that doesn't appear if you play the audio straight from the console's AV port.  But you have to use the SSDS3 port if you want CD audio.

pixeljunkie

Quote from: Keith Courage on 04/28/2018, 05:15 AMI do not own one of these but I'm curious as to why people are complaining about sound being heard during loading sequences. Especially since the original systems have noise over the audio during the time the CD drive needs to access something as well. So if anything it's more authentic.

Anyone have audio issues with theirs? Just watched this review and the audio problems sounds pretty bad. Turns me off from the idea of buying one of these.
I have my system hooked into a receiver and out to some pretty damn nice speakers. I turn my system up pretty loud as well because I play a ton of Lords of Thunder repeatedly. I am using a standard white PCE with this and cleaned the EXT BUS pins profusely. I get faint buzzing during the game loading from the main menu and some games I will slightly notice a tiny buzz if things in the game are silent. As far as the issues with CD audio levels being distorted or overly loud...I haven't run into that yet. But I do know that is something they plan on correcting with a future FW update. The thing is incredible and can't recommend enough.

haightc

I don't notice the audio noise that much on my system.
 I have my SSD3 hooked up to a coregrafx using HD retrovision cables to a JVC Dseries TV.   
I also have a SuperGrafx with a SuperCDROM2 connected to a JVC professional monitor.   
Comparing the the two the audio balance is definately different and the SSD audio is noisy that the SuperGrafx.     A PC Engine that is in need of a recap will definitely sound worse than this.
The is still some game play bugs that need to be worked out.   For example, I have been playing Mysterious Song recently on my SGFX+CD combo.   The game plays great on the CD system but for sure there is some pause between world map scene and the battles for switching audio tracks.
Playing this same game on the SSD3 there is no pauses and go in and out of battle is instant.
However one audio on the SSD3 seems quieter and less dramatic then on the real hardware.    On an RPG I guess this tones get a little droll after a few hours, but the SSD3 balance I feel kill a little of the wow factor.   Also with the SSD3 there were several graphical errors in the initial cut scene to present on original hardware.    IMO the SSD3 isn't still at a point where you could just store away your OEM CD-ROM.

synbiosfan

I found the retro-access scart and jpn 21pin cables don't buzz no matter how loud I crank the stereo. SuperGrafx OSSC, Vizio & xrgb3, Samsung.

The component cables (forget their name) do buzz on my crt at LOUD levels.

I have a rev2 SSS3 and other than trying cheap cables first, had a lot of fun using it. I'm not ready to sell my Duo-R just yet.

SavagePencil

Cool.  I'm glad you're not encountering the issue!

The team has acknowledged that it's a problem and have a firmware update that they hope will take care of it.  It's in beta now.

Kavas

I was about to pull the trigger on this as most of the graphical issues have been fixed in V2 boards and from what I have seen I am ok with. However, the audio buzz issue people are reporting would drive me crazy. While looking into this I stumbled upon this video (
) and it seems pretty loud and obnoxious. I bought a CoreGrafx II and plan to recap it for this, then run it through a pack-a-punch scart to my Framemeister. Not sure what this guys setup is but through the extensive reading Ive done on the subject lately, it seems the White PCE is more prone to this issue, and maybe those using HDRetro component cables causes issues. Also be sure to clean the pins and make sure they are not bent. Check your power supplies.

But is this really something that can be fixed through firmware?

Would love to see/hear more comparisons from the de-facto PCE community !

NightWolve

Yeah, these little hiccups reinforce what I already felt given that Japanese team's 720p DVI/HMDI UperGrafx output booster is on the horizon.

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=20882.0

I think you need to wait in both cases as they continue to hammer out issues and improve, but in the long run, a module that outputs a digital signal is far more future-proof than SSD3 which should've at least had YPbPr by default for US customers if you're gonna stick with analog video signals.

I'm kinda glad I'm not really in the market for these since I only own a Turbo Duo, and with the way NeoSD got so defensive with me (when I replied in his thread about the Japanese product after someone asked for HDMI output) I would have little interest to give him my money even if I had a PCE/TG-16 unit.

Trenton_net

@Kavas: I have the latest revision of this device (V3, which is V2 with a reversed cap). While I can confirm that I do hear slight noise while the SD card is being accessed, it isn't very loud in my opinion and goes away when you start playing games. I am however using a Core Grafx and not a white PCE, so that may be a contributing factor.

I do know that when using a White PCE (when I had one) with my briefcase and Framemeister setup, I had a bunch of issues with it. Mainly video noise/sync and other problems. All of them went away when I moved to a Core Grafx, or Core Grafx II. Coupled with the Core Grafx jailbar fix, the picture looks pretty flawless.

tzakiel

Can anyone confirm that the mc Cthulhu works work ssds3 games?

tzakiel

I see the pics in this thread suggesting flipping the c60 cap but the pics show v2 boards (terraonion.com). Wasn't the cap fixed already on v2 boards?

Koa Zo

Quote from: tzakiel on 05/27/2018, 09:07 AMI see the pics in this thread suggesting flipping the c60 cap but the pics show v2 boards (terraonion.com). Wasn't the cap fixed already on v2 boards?
It was actually a problem that was introduced with initial v2 boards.
If you ordered in recent weeks you likely have a corrected board.
It was mainly the preorder people who got a DIY kit.

NightWolve

Pat NES Punk and Ian did their show on it recently. I'm of the same mindset as Pat, really would love a solid DVI/HDMI output solution so hoping to see better progress some day with that Japanese UperGrafx product, while Ian is happy with PCE SSD3.