The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChuChu Flamingo

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/02/2017, 04:55 PMMAJOR HOLY GRAIL find today at my local Church's rummage sale.

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

I could not believe my luck!  100% completely working.  I hooked it up to my old TV via S-Video and the system being from 2005 still asked for 4:3 or 16:9.  Ima component mod this bitch.  Cam with 4 controllers looking for 2 more so we can have some 6 on 6 trivia.
You know you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel of shit when you are playing with that shit.

esteban

You guys aren't curious about GameWave? I never heard of it before and now I want to see what it's like. I'm sure it's pretty bland, but I am curious.

:)

I admit that silly trivia games can be fun when a bunch of folks are visiting for a holiday/party.

Also, I love that there is storage for 6 controllers...dust cover and all.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bloufo

^^
Of the 7th gen video game console "oddities", I'd go for the Zeebo. "The what?", I hear you say. :lol:

At least that one looked moderately interesting as a gaming system.

esteban

Quote from: Bloufo on 01/04/2017, 06:58 AM^^
Of the 7th gen video game console "oddities", I'd go for the Zeebo. "The what?", I hear you say. :lol:

Zeebo?

Is that a Greek-exclusive console with out-of-box support for Cyrillic alphabet?

Bloufo

Quote from: esteban on 01/04/2017, 07:03 AM
Quote from: Bloufo on 01/04/2017, 06:58 AM^^

Zeebo?

Is that a Greek-exclusive console with out-of-box support for Cyrillic alphabet?
I wanted to retort with something half-way amusing, but I can't possibly top that. You win. :P

ToyMachine78

Quote from: esteban on 01/04/2017, 06:41 AMYou guys aren't curious about GameWave? I never heard of it before and now I want to see what it's like. I'm sure it's pretty bland, but I am curious.

I admit that silly trivia games can be fun when a bunch of folks are visiting for a holiday/party.

No.... Just No....

LostFlunky

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/02/2017, 04:55 PMMAJOR HOLY GRAIL find today at my local Church's rummage sale.
Pretty sure they still have overstock of these at Princess Auto...

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/04/2017, 07:20 AM
Quote from: esteban on 01/04/2017, 06:41 AMYou guys aren't curious about GameWave? I never heard of it before and now I want to see what it's like. I'm sure it's pretty bland, but I am curious.

No.... Just No....
Hahahahahhajajja.

Ok.

Does this mean you don't wan to join me for a GameWave TriviaParty in NJ?

Mathius

Speaking of weird consoles if anyone ever comes across an Action Max let me know. I had one of these growing up and would love to experience it again.

technozombie

Quote from: Mathius on 01/04/2017, 09:12 PMSpeaking of weird consoles if anyone ever comes across an Action Max let me know. I had one of these growing up and would love to experience it again.
Haha When I was a kid I bought one of those from a garage sale, but it never worked. I was thinking about it the other day and couldn't remember what it was called. After reading your post it was an Aha! Moment.

Bloufo

Quote from: Mathius on 01/04/2017, 09:12 PMSpeaking of weird consoles if anyone ever comes across an Action Max let me know. I had one of these growing up and would love to experience it again.
The one with that uses VHS/Beta? cassettes?, or something to that effect.
 I think I recall seeing one of those on one of our local auction sites. I may be thinking of something else, though.

technozombie

Quote from: Bloufo on 01/05/2017, 12:45 AM
The one with that uses VHS/Beta? cassettes?, or something to that effect.
 I think I recall seeing one of those on one of our local auction sites. I may be thinking of something else, though.
Yup, check out this beauty.

DragonmasterDan

Welcome to the Game Wave club.
--DragonmasterDan

ToyMachine78

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 01/05/2017, 10:58 AMWelcome to the Game Wave club.
Break out the Members Only jacket, cause you are probably the only one in the club.

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 01/05/2017, 11:21 AM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 01/05/2017, 10:58 AMWelcome to the Game Wave club.
Break out the Members Only jacket, cause you are probably the only one in the club.
LOL! wouldn't that be "Member Only"? :D

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/05/2017, 12:46 PM
I want to join this damn club.

Maybe, one day...

Medic_wheat

Quote from: esteban on 01/05/2017, 03:33 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/05/2017, 12:46 PM
I want to join this damn club.

Maybe, one day...
$20 and eBay auction later and you are in. They will give you a t shirt and a cigar.

Dicer

bob

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

bartre

decided I need some turtle power in my life...

IMG

hey, cheap scoop from a pawn shop

Gypsy

Quote from: gynt on 01/05/2017, 05:17 PMsilpheed is so underrated
It's solid.

I think Eye of the Beholder is one gold box games I have friggin floppy disks of. It's hard to remember though because I also have the CD compilation and more importantly GOG copies for when I want to actually play them since that is so much easier at this point.

Mathius

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/05/2017, 06:48 PMFinally got charged for my Play Asia copy of Soldner-X2 for PSV.  Can't wait!

http://www.play-asia.com/january-12th-launch-of-the-new-soldner-x-2-final-prototype/5f/7493j?ref=foot&sc1=87665435
I pre-ordered from Play Asia too. Can't wait! My Vita doesn't get much love these days.

bob

i bought a "drawer" from basic outfitters yesterday.  saw it on shark tank.

crazydean

Got a big Sega lot today. I'll have to dig out some working systems to test games. Once it's tested, I'll be selling the excess on here. Hope you guys like Saturn stuff!

Gypsy

Got my half of a trade today. Highlights would be Trails of Cold Steel and Luigi's Mansion. Already played a bit of Cold Steel, it's pretty good!

Quote from: crazydean on 01/07/2017, 08:49 PMGot a big Sega lot today. I'll have to dig out some working systems to test games. Once it's tested, I'll be selling the excess on here. Hope you guys like Saturn stuff!
My wallet is quivering.

Gredler

sirhcman surprised me with some extra Christmas cheer

IMGIMG

He was asking me what kind of things I had asked for in the SS, so I guess he took note of what I did not receive from that list, and went above and beyond. I am very thankful, and was absolutely shocked to receive these. When he said that he had sent me something I had no idea what to expect, and this was really surprising. Thanks again sirhcman, too much dude you shouldn't have!
Turbo Karma to sirchman in spades!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 01/07/2017, 09:30 PMGot my half of a trade today. Highlights would be Trails of Cold Steel and Luigi's Mansion. Already played a bit of Cold Steel, it's pretty good!

Quote from: crazydean on 01/07/2017, 08:49 PMGot a big Sega lot today. I'll have to dig out some working systems to test games. Once it's tested, I'll be selling the excess on here. Hope you guys like Saturn stuff!
My wallet is quivering.
Which version of cold steel?  Vita or PS3?

Gypsy

Quote from: Gredler on 01/07/2017, 09:57 PMsirhcman surprised me with some extra Christmas cheer

IMGIMG

He was asking me what kind of things I had asked for in the SS, so I guess he took note of what I did not receive from that list, and went above and beyond. I am very thankful, and was absolutely shocked to receive these. When he said that he had sent me something I had no idea what to expect, and this was really surprising. Thanks again sirhcman, too much dude you shouldn't have!
Turbo Karma to sirchman in spades!
Right on sirhcman.

Ark of Napishtim is pretty good, I recently played through it again for no real reason. And Final Soldier speaks for itself really. 8-)

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/07/2017, 10:11 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 01/07/2017, 09:30 PMGot my half of a trade today. Highlights would be Trails of Cold Steel and Luigi's Mansion. Already played a bit of Cold Steel, it's pretty good!

My wallet is quivering.
Which version of cold steel?  Vita or PS3?
PS3 for sure.

Bloufo

Bought an "untested" Model 2 CD unit relatively cheaply a few months ago. It had the base extender piece as well. It wasn't advertised with that. So that was a nice little bonus.

Things came up and I kind of left it be for a bit. Recently though I found a bit of time, and saw that the issue was the common problem with these Model 2's- the fuse. So the unit is back to life now.

Also managed to pick up a 'Megacart', for region swapping.

IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Bloufo on 01/08/2017, 10:05 AMBought an "untested" Model 2 CD unit relatively cheaply a few months ago. It had the base extender piece as well. It wasn't advertised with that. So that was a nice little bonus.

Things came up and I kind of left it be for a bit. Recently though I found a bit of time, and saw that the issue was the common problem with these Model 2's- the fuse. So the unit is back to life now.

IMG
That's pretty awesome.

crazydean

Quote from: Bloufo on 01/08/2017, 10:05 AMBought an "untested" Model 2 CD unit relatively cheaply a few months ago. It had the base extender piece as well. It wasn't advertised with that. So that was a nice little bonus.

IMG
Man, what a huge footprint the Genny 1 and CD2 leaves. Congrats on getting it going.

Is that a wireless Genny controller? Is it any good?

Bloufo

Quote from: crazydean on 01/08/2017, 12:36 PMMan, what a huge footprint the Genny 1 and CD2 leaves. Congrats on getting it going.

Is that a wireless Genny controller? Is it any good?
It feels good in the hand and buttons are all responsive, just like your normal six button Genny pads. But sometimes whilst in-game you tend to forget about that line-of-sight that you always need to be taking into account. Otherwise, a good, solid controller.

bob

/games/Dscn5138.jpg[/img]

Local flea market again.  The guy is trying to clear out crap that has been sitting.
Paid $30 total for all of this.  X-Men doesn't have the manual, but cart looks like it was never used.
Haven't tried the DS stand yet, but he said it didn't light up.  Hope to find time later to mess around with it.

Bloufo

Quote from: gynt on 01/08/2017, 02:10 PM/games/Dscn5138.jpg[/img]

Local flea market again.  The guy is trying to clear out crap that has been sitting.
Paid $30 total for all of this.  X-Men doesn't have the manual, but cart looks like it was never used.
Haven't tried the DS stand yet, but he said it didn't light up.  Hope to find time later to mess around with it.
That stand looks a neat find. IMG

BTW, I recognized that first oXbox game right away. It's on a "2 in 1" bootleg disc of mine. lol

IMG

Gypsy

XGame lololol. I remember a garage sale here had a ton of "XGame" booties.

bob

lol. i wonder why they even put that game on the disc

NightWolve

Quote from: Gypsy on 01/08/2017, 09:26 AMArk of Napishtim is pretty good, I recently played through it again for no real reason. And Final Soldier speaks for itself really. 8-)
What do you think of Konami's Ys VI localization work, as in, did you find the script dry, boring or acceptable, etc. ??

Gypsy

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/08/2017, 07:30 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 01/08/2017, 09:26 AMArk of Napishtim is pretty good, I recently played through it again for no real reason. And Final Soldier speaks for itself really. 8-)
What do you think of Konami's Ys VI localization work, as in, did you find the script dry, boring or acceptable, etc. ??
Honestly it's not even something I thought about when playing the game. Usually it takes a lot for me to be annoyed by the script or va. Last game I played where I was actively thinking ugggggghhhhhhh due to a dry translation was Growlanser IV. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

xcrement5x

Man, Kakuto Chojin.  Didn't that game get pulled from the shelved for some religious blasphemy or something?

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 01/09/2017, 12:08 PMMan, Kakuto Chojin.  Didn't that game get pulled from the shelved for some religious blasphemy or something?
Yes, lines from the Quaran were in the background music. My local gamestop gave a copy to me for free back in the day because they were told to get rid of them.
--DragonmasterDan

NecroPhile

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/08/2017, 07:30 PMWhat do you think of Konami's Ys VI localization work, as in, did you find the script dry, boring or acceptable, etc. ??
Assuming it's the same in the PSP version, I've no complaints.  I can't say I'm terribly particular (like Gypsy), but nothing stuck out as glaringly bad.

Saturday's mail brought me a karaoke pac, a copy of Angel Mate, one of those Zoom infomercial / magazine disc things, and a gratis Magicoal for the next Secret Santa.  Thanks, BMW!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SuperDeadite

The PS2 version of Ys VI is decent.  Just be sure to use cheat codes and play the game in "Japanese PC Mode."  So you get the proper animated scenes and the original music.  If you just start a new game you get fugly CG FMV scenes and crap music created directly by Konami.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

ToyMachine78

The official game of ISIS. Allahu Akbar

Gypsy

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 01/09/2017, 07:24 PMThe PS2 version of Ys VI is decent.  Just be sure to use cheat codes and play the game in "Japanese PC Mode."  So you get the proper animated scenes and the original music.  If you just start a new game you get fugly CG FMV scenes and crap music created directly by Konami.
Yes. For anyone curious it's when you start the game, you go into "cheat" mode. Then you mess around with coloured crystals. RBYRBY activates it, Y2xR4xB for PC mode.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 01/09/2017, 08:54 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 01/09/2017, 07:24 PMThe PS2 version of Ys VI is decent.  Just be sure to use cheat codes and play the game in "Japanese PC Mode."  So you get the proper animated scenes and the original music.  If you just start a new game you get fugly CG FMV scenes and crap music created directly by Konami.
Yes. For anyone curious it's when you start the game, you go into "cheat" mode. Then you mess around with coloured crystals. RBYRBY activates it, Y2xR4xB for PC mode.
Which wait what?  Interesting.

Gypsy

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/10/2017, 01:31 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 01/09/2017, 08:54 PM
Which wait what?  Interesting.
I forgot to mention you jump and attack the center pedestal after inputting those. You will know that it worked because the selection indicator will now be in red after leaving the room.

Bloufo

Found a nice AV Famicom. In very good shape.

The nice surprise was that I was able to connect this EMiO stick of mine to a Wiimote and get it to work wirelessly with the AV Fami via one of those 8Bitdo NES receivers.

IMG

Medic_wheat

Which famicom game is that? Kind of looks like recc but that would mean the cart is fake due to it being orange.

Bloufo

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/10/2017, 04:22 PMWhich famicom game is that? Kind of looks like recc but that would mean the cart is fake due to it being orange.
Oh it's a fake, no doubt. ;p That Fami came with a whole bunch of those pirated/fake carts.

The game is Salamander/Life Force.