RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

*SIGH* Disappointing to see this on ebay... ROCKMAN

Started by Retrocool, 10/11/2013, 11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retrocool

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROCKMAN-MEGA-MAN-NEC-Pc-Engine-Turbo-Grafx-16-DUO-BRAND-NEW-RARE-UNRELEASED/331039493560

Saw this on ebay today and was kind of disappointed to see this for sale.  I guess the good thing is, he is not trying to over price the item.
It is what it is and it will be what it will be!

Looking for some games, but I will prolly never find.  Sapphire, Magical Chase (US)

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

geise

For being unofficial it tries really hard to be official.  Why is there an NEC registration card?

turboswimbz

QuotePLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN UNRELEASED GAME! IT IS MANUFACTURED IN EUROPE AND IS AN UNOFFICIAL GAME
QuoteI am a serious games collector and ALWAYS sell genuine, authentic games from my personal collection.
FAIL!

QuoteI offer people the professional service I also expect when I'm buyinh on eBay
DOUBLE FAIL!

Quotedue to the rarity of the game I will send it out fully insured by Royal Mail Airsure
TRIPLE FAIL!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Nemo

That's a pretty elaborate bootleg, for what though, CD quality music?  A watched a video on youtube and the game looks identical to the NES version.  I get the quality Sapphire repro (still have one myself), that game goes for $600+, but this????
/jt13pz9.gif

Sadler

Quote from: Nemo on 10/11/2013, 09:13 PMThat's a pretty elaborate bootleg, for what though, CD quality music?  A watched a video on youtube and the game looks identical to the NES version.  I get the quality Sapphire repro (still have one myself), that game goes for $600+, but this????
Here's the site

I'm pretty sure the guy's a member here and elsewhere. Fudoh maybe? If you have a Sapphire, I'm 95% sure it's a boot from this guy. If you have SFZ or Rockman there's no question. To be clear, the guy generally provides pretty high quality stuff. He also jacks work of our members here. I'll let you resolve that for yourself, but Sapphire I find far more excusable than Rockman.

Retrocool

Quote from: Nemo on 10/11/2013, 09:13 PMThat's a pretty elaborate bootleg, for what though, CD quality music?  A watched a video on youtube and the game looks identical to the NES version.  I get the quality Sapphire repro (still have one myself), that game goes for $600+, but this????
http://sapphire.anime4ever.de/

the actual website is here from a gentleman in Germany and done with the most love and highest respect for the system.  They were pressed in high quality.  I actually purchased the games from him myself.....BUT

This guy at the ebay auction, I feel is trying to doop collectors.  Some of the information I feel is false. I dont know... whatever at this point.

Looking for some games, but I will prolly never find.  Sapphire, Magical Chase (US)

Retrocool

It is hard to exactly say why I am upset, but the person who originally made them put a lot of work into to give you something amazing to just be thrown in on ebay and trying to be sold as something RARE or..i dont know... .sigh

Tatsujin

Quote from: esteban on 10/11/2013, 11:49 AMBastard.
YOU DIE!!

also he has two sapphire fakelers listed, but one is remaked as a re-print, and the other has not even a remark..ROLF!!

BASTARD!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

Quote from: Retrocool on 10/11/2013, 11:12 PMIt is hard to exactly say why I am upset, but the person who originally made them put a lot of work into to give you something amazing to just be thrown in on ebay and trying to be sold as something RARE or..i dont know... .sigh
I don't know, he stole a work from one of our very members in here and released it as a commercial goods without asking for any permission or what so ever.

I don't think this is so cool or honorable, doesn't matter how many hours he spent in creating boxes, manuals spines etc.

this is the only sad point i can see here.

and what did you have expected? that these villainous goods would never end on ebay? rolf!
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

CrackTiger

Quote from: Retrocool on 10/11/2013, 11:04 PM
http://sapphire.anime4ever.de/

the actual website is here from a gentleman in Germany and done with the most love and highest respect for the system.  They were pressed in high quality.  I actually purchased the games from him myself.....BUT

This guy at the ebay auction, I feel is trying to doop collectors.  Some of the information I feel is false. I dont know... whatever at this point.
If the guy at the eBay auction wanted to really doop collectors, he'd make up a bunch of stories about Sapphire being a second print run, being confirmed by Hudson Soft in Japan and would sell his stacks of 'rarer than the rare original run' copies, plus SFZ and Rockman bootlegs for $100 - $200 a piece.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TheClash603

Was Rockman PCE ever pressed?  If so, was it done with permission?

I have always wanted to play, but have put off buying because of the behind the scenes swindling which has occurred.  I never heard of pressed copies until this thread, so apparently something new has transpired.

Tatsujin

Nemo

Quote from: Sadler on 10/11/2013, 10:10 PM
Here's the site

I'm pretty sure the guy's a member here and elsewhere. Fudoh maybe? If you have a Sapphire, I'm 95% sure it's a boot from this guy. If you have SFZ or Rockman there's no question. To be clear, the guy generally provides pretty high quality stuff. He also jacks work of our members here. I'll let you resolve that for yourself, but Sapphire I find far more excusable than Rockman.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Fudoh.  It was when he came here explaining he found the lost treasure chest of Sapphires that Hudson had dropped into the bottom of the Pacific and everyone was up in a tizzy about the chance to obtain this lost relic for a mere $60 (I think it was).  It was exciting for a minute, and honestly it's the best repro/bootleg I've ever seen, and did allow me to play a game I would never otherwise play.  But you don't have to blow smokestacks up my ass, just tell me it's a boot, and I'll probably still buy it all things considered as I won't be paying $600 for any game. 

Guess I'm still just a little confused as to why jacking another fan's work, and why even pick that game, other than Mega Man is so popular.  And I hate all the "it might not be an official release" stuff on these auctions (ala Snes/Nes games).  You think the Earthbound Zero for Nes in English that was never released in English "might" be less than authentic, dip sh*t.
/jt13pz9.gif

SuperDeadite

He probably decided to steal MM simply because the creator has no legal rights to his own creation.  He can't legally sell his own port.  If Capcom is aware of the boots, they probably don't care as it would cost them more in legal fees then they would gain from Fudoh.  However, since the port's true creator has no legal right to his own creation, he could never personally go after Fudoh either.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

cho_aniki

Sorry, I haven't been around the forum for quite some time, I am not sure I understand what has transpired.

Who made this PC-Engine port of Megaman?

Tatsujin