OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Which of these games is the best one to get?

Started by cho_aniki, 09/27/2007, 01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cho_aniki

I am thinking of taking advantage of the TZD sale however I am not sure which of these to get as a free game:

- Ballistix
        - Power Golf
        - Sim Earth

Any suggestions?  These games seem to be loathed by most people, however I have all the other ones apart from John Madden Football but I don't 
   understand Gridiron/ American Football unfortunately.

I am thinking of getting Ballistix at the moment as it seems interesting, is it the wrong choice?

Ceti Alpha

I'd go for SimEarth.  :) Just a different game than the usual. It probably sucks, which is why they're giving it away for free, but whatever. It would be like a novelty. hehe
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Keranu

That's a hard choice. I haven't played SimEarth, but it probably wouldn't be as playable as the other games. I'd say Power Golf is probably the best game in there just because it's a typical golf game, but Ballistix might be more up your alley if you can stomach it's insanity.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Turbo D

I'd say go with the golf. Ballixtix is cool but it really pisses me off. I've never been a fan of sim games but if thats your thing definitely go with sim earth  :wink:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

_Paul

Ballistix is dire and can be barely termed as a game, avoid it like herpes.

runinruder

Sim Earth is by far the deepest of the three and probably offers the greatest potential for enjoyability if you actually get into it.  The problem is that almost no one gets into it because it's so slow and, for most people, uninteresting.

Ballistix has an interesting and unique premise, but the gameplay just feels too random and crazy to provide enjoyment for more than a few moments.  You might be able to squeeze some fun out of two-player mode. 

Power Golf is a lousy game.  If you've never played a high-quality old-school golf sim, you may be more forgiving of its crappiness than I am.

All three games are poor, but I'd choose Ballistix, as it's the least of the three evils.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

I'd pick up Sim Earth, as it's closer to being a playable and worthwhile game than the other two.  If you're a crazy masochist (like me), then buy 'em all.  It'd only be ten bucks each to enjoy the pleasure of popping their cherries, yet that will probably be the most enjoyment you ever get out of these 'gems'.  Can I be a nosy prick and ask what game you're getting for the 'buy one' part of the 'buy one get one free' deal?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

cho_aniki

Yes, the one I want to buy is Theron's quest, I have been thinking of getting it for sometime.  Please don't tell me it's worse than the other three.

JoshTurboTrollX

Theron's Quest is really good!  I love the Dungeon Master Series, and they actually went pretty far to make this Turbo Exclusive sorta spinoff way better than any other version.

Excellent soundtrack that is really freaky when playing alone in the dark........ :evil:
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

rag-time4

I just received my TZD order today!

SimEarth is really the game I want most that I haven't already ordered... so of course that's my recommendation!

However, I have been known to spend weekends at a time playing a single strategy game, so be warned! I'm sure if you are against strategy/simulation games, you'll hate SimEarth.

VestCunt

If you enjoy slow, thoughtful games like Dungeon Master, you might actually like Sim Earth.  Of the 3, I've spent the most time enjoying Power Golf.  However, I would limit your choices to Sim Earth or Ballistix because I'm sure TZD will still have Power Golf 30 years from now and you'll always be able to find someone selling it on ebay for $1.95.
Topic Adjourned.

kid_rondeau

One SimEarth file will take up the entirety of your file space. I'd go mit Pöwer Gölf.

NecroPhile

Quote from: cho_aniki on 09/27/2007, 12:02 PMYes, the one I want to buy is Theron's quest, I have been thinking of getting it for sometime.  Please don't tell me it's worse than the other three.
Dungeon Master was one of the first few games that I bought after I got my Duo.  I've played the crap out of it and enjoyed every minute of it, even though it's not very hard.  The only two things that I don't really like about it are the back ground music (only one track for every dungeon) and the way the levels are set up.  You start each new dungeon from scratch and don't get to keep any of the sweet equipment picked up earlier.  Make sure that you learn to control your movements with the controller rather than clicking on the on screen controls, or you'll get hammered in a couple of spots.

Quote from: kid_rondeau on 09/28/2007, 07:58 AMI'd go mit Pöwer Gölf.
Crazy sauerkraut münchers!  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

cho_aniki

Well it seems I have been wasting your time and won't be getting any games after all.

I placed an order with TZD today and apparently they can no longer ship overseas.

It seems they switched credit card processors and the new processor doesn't accept foreign sales.

This is extemely disappointing, I was really looking forward to getting some games after receiving their e-mail regarding the blowout sale.

Anyhow, thanks for the input regarding the games I was hoping to get.

Turbo D

damn, that really sucks  :x How the hell can they deny foreigners of their great turbo goodness  :(
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Ceti Alpha

QuoteIt seems they switched credit card processors and the new processor doesn't accept foreign sales.
Well, that answers my question.  :cry: Oh well, eBay it is then.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"