RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Looking For DOWNTOWN NEKKETSU MONOGATARI

Started by shonenx, 12/15/2009, 10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shonenx

I am looking to buy DOWNTOWN  NEKKETSU MONOGATARI also known as River City Ransom
You're Already Dead !!!

JoshTurboTrollX

Good luck bro.

I remember seeing on the bay for around $80-$120 back in the day.  I scored a copy just before I sold out to satan a year ago.  Its amazing, and totally worth it!  Way better than the GBA remake, which is pretty awesome in its own right.

-let us know what you find!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

If nobody on here comes through with one, you might want to try Rising Stuff.  If they don't have a copy listed, you can contact them for a price on a custom order.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

shonenx

thanks fellas and thanks again necro.(i still cant get my flash card running yet). id be willing to pay those prices for a copy im a huge downtown  Nekketsu nerd ever since my first play through of River city Ransom . im doing an alex painting soon.       hey personal opinion from u 2 whats the best duo to own duo r, duo rx, or turbo(us)  i have a core II sys. so i dont need it to play japan hucards. i just need a cd drive that will play all region as i belive all nec drive do
You're Already Dead !!!

NecroPhile

Quote from: shonenx on 12/21/2009, 10:19 PMwhats the best duo to own duo r, duo rx, or turbo(us) 
The TurboDuo is aesthetically the best, hands down.  Unfortunately, it's also the most expensive and it (with the PCE Duo) have the highest incident of capacitor failure, though they can be repaired for relatively low cost.  For less money and less chance of a breakdown, go for a Duo-R.  The RX is functionally identical, includes a six button controller, and only differs slightly in appearance, but it's usually a bit more expensive than a Duo-R.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

shonenx

thanks again. i might try for a duo rx or r and mod it to play US turbo cards.
You're Already Dead !!!

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 12/22/2009, 10:45 AMThe TurboDuo is aesthetically the best, hands down.
right after the PCE DUO :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

shonenx

Still looking to buy this game i offered $124 to a guy but he wanted $147 plus shipping from outside US  .  Not saying thats too much, just too much for me right now.  :D
You're Already Dead !!!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/24/2009, 10:58 AM
Quote from: guest on 12/22/2009, 10:45 AMThe TurboDuo is aesthetically the best, hands down.
right after the PCE DUO :)
haha :P I'm an UBER OBEYER, but I have to side with NecroPhile on this one: the Turbo Duo > PCE Duo.  :wink: It's all preference, but the all black just makes the Turbo Duo more slick, IMO.

Keep us posted on your RCR hunt, shonenx. Love to hear how it goes.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

cho_aniki

If you are still looking I can send you a complete one from Japan (without spine) for about 100$ plus shipping.

shonenx

Keep us posted on your RCR hunt, shonenx. Love to hear how it goes.[/quote]
Quote from: cho_aniki on 01/23/2010, 01:05 AMIf you are still looking I can send you a complete one from Japan (without spine) for about 100$ plus shipping. 
things jus turned around  ceti alpha ......cho pm sent
You're Already Dead !!!