10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Official PCE Games 80-100% English (Little-to-No Japanese Required)

Started by BigusSchmuck, 04/11/2013, 11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackTiger

Quote from: dangdang on 12/27/2015, 01:01 AMZeroChamp is english? Seems mostly Japanese to me...
Someone probably thought that they're racing games.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TheAlphaOmegaX3

Hello everyone! New guy on the forums here. Is Neutopia PCE still fully enjoyable without the worry of missing out on the story and the likes?

roflmao

Quote from: TheAlphaOmegaX3 on 01/07/2016, 02:27 PMHello everyone! New guy on the forums here. Is Neutopia PCE still fully enjoyable without the worry of missing out on the story and the likes?
Welcome! I have the PCE version of Neutopia 2 and have no idea what's going on. I eventually loaded up the US version on a flash cart and played it that way.

If you don't intend on finishing it, you could probably still get at least a handful of hours of enjoyment from the PCE version since it's just a fun game to play, but you might run into trouble actually completing it.

TheAlphaOmegaX3

Quote from: guest on 01/08/2016, 11:20 PM
Quote from: TheAlphaOmegaX3 on 01/07/2016, 02:27 PMHello everyone! New guy on the forums here. Is Neutopia PCE still fully enjoyable without the worry of missing out on the story and the likes?
Welcome! I have the PCE version of Neutopia 2 and have no idea what's going on. I eventually loaded up the US version on a flash cart and played it that way.

If you don't intend on finishing it, you could probably still get at least a handful of hours of enjoyment from the PCE version since it's just a fun game to play, but you might run into trouble actually completing it.
That's what I was worried about. I really want to play the first one AND finish it. Looks like I'll have to invest in a region mod at some point. First I just need to get the PCE and Super CD system to play, which I plan on taking care of very soon, and pick up the mod later. Too bad since Neutopia is also much cheaper on PCE than TG....at least on Ebay. Which leads me a few more questions I'll ask outside of this topic.

CrackTiger

Like The Legend of Zelda, there's not much of any text-driven story to miss out on and the world and dungeons don't have any kind of gaijin-protection. It's actually less of a random guessing game that the first Zelda game, as you're given a world with a couple dungeons at a time.

You can also play Turbo games on a PCE system using a Turbo Everdrive. But Neutopia isn't even expensive if you know how to shop.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TheAlphaOmegaX3

Quote from: guest on 01/11/2016, 02:21 PM
Like The Legend of Zelda, there's not much of any text-driven story to miss out on and the world and dungeons don't have any kind of gaijin-protection. It's actually less of a random guessing game that the first Zelda game, as you're given a world with a couple dungeons at a time.

You can also play Turbo games on a PCE system using a Turbo Everdrive. But Neutopia isn't even expensive if you know how to shop.
Hey, thanks for the link and thanks for your opinion!

ginoscope

Agree with Black Tiger you can find deals on ebay if you are patient and look around.  I won one of those auctions that he linked to for Neutopia.

I also recently won an auction that listed Double Dungeons CIC but the hucard was for order of griffon for $25 so deals are possible if you are patient.

TheAlphaOmegaX3

Quote from: ginoscope on 01/13/2016, 01:59 PMAgree with Black Tiger you can find deals on ebay if you are patient and look around.  I won one of those auctions that he linked to for Neutopia.

I also recently won an auction that listed Double Dungeons CIC but the hucard was for order of griffon for $25 so deals are possible if you are patient.
lol Yep. I went ahead and bought the Neutopia complete in like new condition for $27 shipped with tracking from Japan! Bought Cadash Complete in same condition for $25 as well. Yeah I waited and it paid off. Thanks.

CrackTiger

Quote from: ginoscope on 01/13/2016, 01:59 PMAgree with Black Tiger you can find deals on ebay if you are patient and look around.  I won one of those auctions that he linked to for Neutopia.

I once bought OotG in a Klax case at a flea market.

the shapesmith

This thread is a GODSEND!  Thanks to all who contributed to it.  I'm hopefully getting my system in the near future and have been wondering what games were the best way to get started.

Digi.k

sorry guys but the list lists Fatal Fury special as having english options under the options menu but how is it accessed as I can't see it when I go there?

dave_van_damn

sanjo

a bit of self promotion,
many years ago, I translated Daisenryaku (a turned based modern war simulation game) into English. It was mostly translated. There were a few bits of untranslated text I found, but I never encountered it when playing to completion several times. So I left it at 0.99

http://www.zophar.net/translations/pc-engine/english/super-daisenryaku-cd-.html

Winniez

Both Zero 4 Champ games are in japanese. Maybe the original poster played a fan translation. Otherwise a great list and thanks for posting it! I would have never guessed that the Populous is completely in english. Gotta pick that up.

CZroe

Quote from: Digi.k on 01/26/2016, 05:01 PMsorry guys but the list lists Fatal Fury special as having english options under the options menu but how is it accessed as I can't see it when I go there?
I saw it in a YouTube video but now I can't find it. I see the "Option" menu in most videos but no none picks it. The "Config" menu seems to be for key assignments. I only see "Config" for Fatal Fury 2 but Art of Fighting and Fatal Fury Special have both menus. I did find a video showing the setting in Art of Fighting:

CZroe

Quick question:
Can I share this list in the AtariAge TG16 thread? Someone's asking me for it. I'll give credit.

turboswimbz

I would say share away but you might want the B man who started the thread to comment.

Note that there are other lists on some of the more popular forums as well.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: CZroe on 01/24/2018, 01:53 PMQuick question:
Can I share this list in the AtariAge TG16 thread? Someone's asking me for it. I'll give credit.
Go for it. Honestly forgot about this list. :P One day I will create a spreadsheet so it makes a little bit more sense. Those AtariAge guys never did help me with my Jaguar problems btw lol.

fraggore

handy to know some of them RPG games can be played, i have a few of the games in the list and never played then as i thought they were all in Japanese i will get to trying them out thanks.

A spreadsheet would be well handy.
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

cabbage

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: cabbage on 03/09/2018, 07:27 AMthe manhole should be on the 100% english list
Added. And if anyone else has some more to add, will start up the spreadsheet of all these for friendly view!