Turbob Xpress: Bringing affordable "gamer's" games to the community! Nearly Gone

Started by BlueBMW, 10/29/2015, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/30/2015, 01:53 PMYour conscience is up to you.  Everyone will have to make a choice as to how they feel about these.
They'll look nice next to my pressed Sapphire boot.

Honestly, this is such a great way to handle the issue. The fact that it's a reproduction is clear and obvious, it's cheap so gamers can afford to play them, and they're pressed, so the Duo can play them without fidgeting with its hardware (which has kept me from burning and playing anything on it, as opposed to the Dreamcast). It's not like the secondary market benefits the original developers anyway, so I can't see how this could weigh on the conscious of anyone except hoarders collectors.

I can't wait to see what else you guys have up your sleeve. I'm not sure these are quite what I want, so I'll have to do research in them, but in principle I highly support this endeavor.

BlueBMW

That's kind of our thought.  The bootlegs were going to happen no matter what whether we agree with them or not.  That said I personally feel like this is the best compromise.  People get games they can play and no profit is being made off of the work of translators / hackers.  I am personally very glad Tobias was willing to work with us on this venture.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

NecroPhile

Cheap(ish) discs, but it's a shame that printed goods are so expensive.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

780racer

I sent a PM requesting the paypal. Super happy to have pressed versions of these three games. Just because its easier for the system to read/play.

Gredler

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/29/2015, 09:36 PMIf I had the skills I think it'd be really cool to design a Pc Engine style Beyond Shadowgate style case. But I am not good with photoshop and stuff :(
If it were alright with everyone I'd be happy to format the cover of this existing manual created by Braap to have a more similar to the rest of the library template added to them. I would not want to make them match exactly, but would be happy to make it a bit more similar on the shelf. If you want my assistance in any way, please let me know I would be happy to help.

tbone3969

When good people combine forces you get....
Or just some awesome turbo gaming goodness.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/30/2015, 03:21 PMThat's kind of our thought.  The bootlegs were going to happen no matter what whether we agree with them or not.  That said I personally feel like this is the best compromise.  People get games they can play and no profit is being made off of the work of translators / hackers.  I am personally very glad Tobias was willing to work with us on this venture.
We've also talked about giving any extra moneys we receive to some of the translators of specific games to encourage continuing work in the future.  So, if you want to see more translations, the same word of advice applies:  Send donations to the translators!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 10/30/2015, 09:35 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/29/2015, 09:47 PMMaybe we can get with Nanto about making some dual CD cases?
You can find standard 24mm jewel cases at amazon, uline, etc.
Have you ever ordered any of these? I've seen a trend lately of cheap, thin plastic being used for blank cases.

Gredler

PM Sent for some of these discs, I'd love to use as few CD-R's as possible, in a probably vein attempt to prolong the life of my system, but don't care to have originals, so these are perfect for me.

Quote from: Mathius on 10/30/2015, 06:07 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/30/2015, 09:35 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/29/2015, 09:47 PMMaybe we can get with Nanto about making some dual CD cases?
You can find standard 24mm jewel cases at amazon, uline, etc.
Have you ever ordered any of these? I've seen a trend lately of cheap, thin plastic being used for blank cases.
I would also order some of these, I'd toss my CD-Rs in them until a better solution (like this) comes along.

Thanks again guys

shawnji

I sent Bernie a PM, but just wanted to say thanks again for this.  I'm excited at the thought of finally playing Dracula X on my Duo!  I decided to hold off on Might and Magic, as I've never been a huge fan.  Beyond Shadowgate is AWESOME though.  It's also SO stupidly expensive that this is the only way I could ever consider getting it.  Extreme kudos to you guys for going to all this trouble.  I will definitely pay it forward.

CatPix

I heard of this on AtariAge and decided to come take a look.

This is a very generous and nice offer!
I never heard of Beyond Shadowgate, but I'm pickign that up, because that's my type of game.
I also will take on one Dracula X. I already have it in a way, but a professionnally burned  CD will be better on the console, and will look better in my stack of games.

I'll pass the word, I'm member of a retrogaming association, they'll certainly liek to have one copy of those games ;)

Bernie

Quote from: CatPix on 10/30/2015, 07:27 PMI heard of this on AtariAge and decided to come take a look.

This is a very generous and nice offer!
I never heard of Beyond Shadowgate, but I'm pickign that up, because that's my type of game.
I also will take on one Dracula X. I already have it in a way, but a professionnally burned  CD will be better on the console, and will look better in my stack of games.

I'll pass the word, I'm member of a retrogaming association, they'll certainly liek to have one copy of those games ;)
This has made it to other forums?  Wow.

SignOfZeta

Seriously. It's all a joke, right? There's a thread on NA called "Fucking with the guys from PCEFX", right?

I say this...hopefully...hoping that there really isn't an ENDLESS river of dudes who seem to be both Luddite and materialist while lacking any self awareness at all. I hope it's all a big Nathen for You scam or something. Then it would be worth it.
IMG

Bernie

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/30/2015, 07:55 PMSeriously. It's all a joke, right? There's a thread on NA called "Fucking with the guys from PCEFX", right?

I say this...hopefully...hoping that there really isn't an ENDLESS river of dudes who seem to be both Luddite and materialist while lacking any self awareness at all. I hope it's all a big Nathen for You scam or something. Then it would be worth it.
I have no clue what that meant, lol.

CatPix

SignOfZeta

A one-poster appears out of thin air like Beetlejuice to get free stuff. Have you noticed this happening before?
IMG

Bernie

CatPix, ok, but FYI.  These are mainly being offered to the known members here first.  If there are any left over they will be offered up.  :)

CatPix

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/30/2015, 08:06 PMA one-poster appears out of thin air like Beetlejuice to get free stuff. Have you noticed this happening before?
It's surprising it doesn't happen more.

You can look for my posts and profile on AtariAge if you think I just want to try and snag free stuff and sell it back.

I can't be on all forums in existence and participating in all of them. I guess I'll have enough time to introduce myself and talk a bit about PC engine stuff before those discs get available, and everything will be fine and dandy. ;)

Now, I perfectly understand that I look suspicious, and I'm okay with it, it's only normal.

Bernie

Quote from: CatPix on 10/30/2015, 08:13 PM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/30/2015, 08:06 PMA one-poster appears out of thin air like Beetlejuice to get free stuff. Have you noticed this happening before?

You can look for my posts and profile on AtariAge if you think I just want to try and snag free stuff and sell it back.

I can't be on all forums in existence and participating in all of them. I guess I'll have enough time to introduce myself and talk a bit about PC engine stuff before those discs get available, and everything will be fine and dandy. ;)

Now, I perfectly understand that I look suspicious, and I'm okay with it, it's only normal.
I am glad you understand.  :)  There will certainly be more to come, and plenty of time for you to mingle in the mean time.  Like I said above, if there are some left, and I am sure there will be, I can offer them up then.  We just want this forum to have first whack at it, since this is what we did it for.  :)

geise

Well...when you say collectard three times this is what happens.

Mathius

Quote from: geise on 10/30/2015, 08:45 PM
*chuckles

Gredler

Quote from: CatPix on 10/30/2015, 08:13 PM

Hey there Catpix - glad to see you made it over :)

I've chatted with Catpix a lot on the AtariAge chat, and I know my opinion holds very little water around here, but I think it's worth saying he's a very nice guy who's intentions are to play games and contribute positively to communities.

As he said, suspicions are warranted, but I would like to vouch for him and welcome him to a place I now spend a lot more of my time :P

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Mathius on 10/30/2015, 08:54 PM
*chuckles
Try the IRC command.

Otaking

This made me laugh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

MasonSushi

Thank you guys!!! I will hopefully get MMiii and Shadowgate. I would love an Ys IV and Snatcher translated if they ever become available.

wilykat

slinkyturd

When do we get the pressed version of Local Girls of Hawaii?
70/95 US Turbochips

Gentlegamer

Is "Project C.O.E" a username here? That's who posted at Atari Age.

I guess I can also vouch for CatPix as an OBEYer from AA, and while I have no control over this, he should still go to the back of the line. CatPix, if you OBEY, you should have already been a member here. :D

I've been content with my CD-Rs, but if pressed really is better for the laser, I'm interested in what is available. I'll be especially happy if these have the translators/hackers permission.
IMG

in99flames

This is awesome. I need beyond shadowgate and might and magic...and inserts for both...i will place an order in a little bit. You guys must be inundated with orders.
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

blueraven

I...agree with you.

I don't believe this has ever happened before.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: blueraven on 10/31/2015, 12:04 AM
I...agree with you.

We've seen raffles entered by 1-posters.

Gentlegamer

IMG

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 10/31/2015, 12:11 AM
Quote from: blueraven on 10/31/2015, 12:04 AM
I...agree with you.
We've seen raffles entered by 1-posters.
I meant agreeing with Zeta.

BlueBMW

Updated a few details on the first post.  See bolded area.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

in99flames

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 10/31/2015, 12:18 AM
Quote from: in99flames on 10/31/2015, 12:00 AMSent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Disqualified.
I chime in from time to time only. Im still new to the tg16 scene. ill contribute more. Ive been working on my arcades more than tg16 atm so ive been posting other forums mostly. Can't be eberywhere at once.
Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
I am somebody's mommy!

wilykat

Hope that some of the 1-post users aren't one person making multiple accounts to buy multiples (and using different addresses) to flip this.

Here's a suggestion: if you find a reseller trying to buy this, instead of stating "no", use poopsenders.com and send that shit some shit.

Bernie

As can be expected, I am being bombarded by PM's.  Again, we will get to everyone.  I am shipping out about half of these to another member, so that will help with getting these shipped out to you gamers. 

Also I want to again state, I myself will only ship once a week.  Basically, I don't wanna make that trip every day. 

I am very pleased that this has been met with open arms here.  We were honestly VERY skeptical at times on how it would be greeted. 

With that said, have some patience with us.  We actually got the discs BEFORE our shipping material arrived.... Go figure that one out....ugh.  Expect next week to be the fire-up date for opening orders.  I will have BlueBMW make an official edit to the top of his post when that happens.

SplatterTrigger

ginoscope

PM sent bernie

I'd be interested in Dracula but especially Beyond Shadowgate.  Played that game a lot when I was a teen.  Great idea to do this for the community.

shawnji

Quote from: Bernie on 10/31/2015, 05:53 AMAs can be expected, I am being bombarded by PM's.  Again, we will get to everyone.  I am shipping out about half of these to another member, so that will help with getting these shipped out to you gamers. 

Also I want to again state, I myself will only ship once a week.  Basically, I don't wanna make that trip every day. 

I am very pleased that this has been met with open arms here.  We were honestly VERY skeptical at times on how it would be greeted. 

With that said, have some patience with us.  We actually got the discs BEFORE our shipping material arrived.... Go figure that one out....ugh.  Expect next week to be the fire-up date for opening orders.  I will have BlueBMW make an official edit to the top of his post when that happens. 
I'm personally in no hurry, and am just grateful that you guys are offering this.  It could take months and it wouldn't really bother me.  I imagine that most everyone feels the same way.  I can't imagine anyone with any sense of gratitude would dream of complaining about having to wait a little while for a service that's basically free. 

Well, I mean, I CAN imagine it.  It would just be really stupid.

wyndcrosser

Bernie

I am glad everyone is happy with it.  :)  We have worked hard to make this happen.  Lots of emails, TONS of messages via Facebook chat with each other, ect..  We are all as excited as everyone here.  :)

Brraap

It's an unwritten law in Japan that every shooter series has to have it's own ''parody''

Bernie

Jason_dicarlo85

Bernie

Quote from: Jason_dicarlo85 on 10/31/2015, 02:30 PMDwam brraap looks good
You damn right it does!  :)  He is part of the crew that got these games stateside.  :)

Jason_dicarlo85

Ooooo is that Jodi... Lol everyone has different names over here maybe I shoulda made mine more mysterious

technozombie

in99flames

I am somebody's mommy!

NightWolve

One obvious way to try to avoid resellers of course is to limit the sale of these to one CD per person. If a buyer is trying to get 2 or more of the same CD, there's your warning indicator. So, if it's about getting these to as many people as possible sans "premium pricing plans" Tobias-style or the eBay rollercoaster, that's one way to help.