RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Introducing myself and Turbo Views......

Started by ChrisBucci, 01/05/2009, 02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

Quote from: DesmondThe3rd on 01/27/2011, 11:42 AMIt was also to hear him go crazy in the Darkwing Duck review. He was usually so positive up to that point.
Yeah, that one is a classic.

TR0N

Update spida is back and in better health now.
Though,this video is "nonTG16 related" spida is showing his other collection of games and consoles.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SuperPlay

Hi Chris

Great news that you are on the mend :-)  Love your review work on your Turbo youtube videos.

Take care.

Ceti Alpha

Yeah, great to see he's back and feeling better. :)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Marll

That's great news! Hope to see some more reviews when you're feeling better Chris.
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

turbokon

Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Mathius

TR0N

IMG

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 02/22/2011, 03:37 AMJackie Chan Action Kung Fu
A nice little touch: he shows a page from the original instruction manual listing the stages with black & white screenshots... but then he superimposes actual gameplay footage over the original screenshots. Very nice :)

I never played the NES version, but now I want to check it out.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 02/22/2011, 09:46 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 02/22/2011, 03:37 AMJackie Chan Action Kung Fu
A nice little touch: he shows a page from the original instruction manual listing the stages with black & white screenshots... but then he superimposes actual gameplay footage over the original screenshots. Very nice :)

I never played the NES version, but now I want to check it out.
I just bought the NES version last week locally. It's very similar to the Turbo version, but IMO the controls ever so slightly tighter in the NES version.

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 02/22/2011, 10:52 AMI just bought the NES version last week locally. It's very similar to the Turbo version, but IMO the controls ever so slightly tighter in the NES version.
Ooooo, the controls are even tighter? That is a good thing. I definitely have to get the NES version.

The funny thing is, I had never read about or seen the NES version back in the day. I was totally surprised it existed.

I suppose I was no longer focused on the NES universe at the time.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 02/23/2011, 03:15 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 02/22/2011, 10:52 AMI just bought the NES version last week locally. It's very similar to the Turbo version, but IMO the controls ever so slightly tighter in the NES version.
Ooooo, the controls are even tighter? That is a good thing. I definitely have to get the NES version.

The funny thing is, I had never read about or seen the NES version back in the day. I was totally surprised it existed.

I suppose I was no longer focused on the NES universe at the time.
I didn't know about it either until a while back. It's not too common but it shouldn't set you back too much $$. I got my copy for about $15.

TR0N

IMG

TR0N

Bump spida1a reviews the cute'm-up coryoon  :dance:
IMG

ChrisBucci

RR1980

Quote from: TR0N on 05/07/2011, 05:15 AMBump spida1a reviews the cute'm-up coryoon  :dance:
yup that review is awesome cute'm up needs to be the new "it" word! I have never played coryoon before so I didn't know that so many of the game elements are very similar to PC Denjin....maybe the share the same game engine?

Mathius

Quote from: RR1980 on 05/09/2011, 02:12 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 05/07/2011, 05:15 AMBump spida1a reviews the cute'm-up coryoon  :dance:
yup that review is awesome cute'm up needs to be the new "it" word! I have never played coryoon before so I didn't know that so many of the game elements are very similar to PC Denjin....maybe the share the same game engine?
I was talking to Sunteam a while ago about Coryoon and I mentioned how similar the music sounds between it and Air Zonk. He said the they may have shared the same development team. That kind of threw me though. Red developed PC Denjin right? And Hudson distributed. Coryoon is credited to Naxat Soft. So did Red develop Coryoon for Naxat Soft, or did Naxat develop it internally with some of the same members from Red?

TR0N

Buster Bros
It's been many months since spida1a last review.

Still it's great,he reviewed this game one of my favorite ports of a capcom title.I use to play buster bros alot in the arcades.
IMG

roflmao

Hooray! After his editing machines' hard drive crashed, I started to wonder if he was going to go through the trouble of rebuilding all of his assets from scratch.  Luckily, it sounded like someone was able to retrieve a lot of the data from that drive so I'm glad he was able to move this project forward.  That had to have been devastating. 

Go spida1a!

SuperPlay

Great review of one of my favourite games :)

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Mathius on 05/09/2011, 02:17 AM
Quote from: RR1980 on 05/09/2011, 02:12 AM
I was talking to Sunteam a while ago about Coryoon and I mentioned how similar the music sounds between it and Air Zonk. He said the they may have shared the same development team. That kind of threw me though. Red developed PC Denjin right? And Hudson distributed. Coryoon is credited to Naxat Soft. So did Red develop Coryoon for Naxat Soft, or did Naxat develop it internally with some of the same members from Red?
The sound, the graphics, the gameplay, the sound effects.  This is more Air Zonk II, than Super Air Zonk is... even if it was released first!!

I swear the same exact team worked on both games!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 09/28/2011, 03:34 PMI swear the same exact team worked on both games!
That's because it was the same team; Air Zonk is essentially a reskinned Coryoon.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

munchiaz

The videos are awesome. i have been watching them all day.

SMF

I agree, I purchased both Turbo View DVDs Vol 1 & Vol 2. Great extras and also Chris gave me a few pointers on (what to look for)  buying a Elm Street Pinball Machine.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Senshi

Quote from: guest on 09/28/2011, 03:43 PM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 09/28/2011, 03:34 PMI swear the same exact team worked on both games!
That's because it was the same team; Air Zonk is essentially a reskinned Coryoon.
Good to know...now I don't need to bother buying Coryoon  :P
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

djolof

Glad Chris is back! Really enjoyed his take on Buster Bros

MotherGunner

You know what I am hoping for Chris?  That when you finish Vol 2 that you not only offer it on DVD, but also offer Vol 1 + 2 on Blu-Ray.

I would be awesome to have a Blu-Ray case with some fine art and a nice logo on the disc!  Lots of bonuses like FLAC versions of the music, etc.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Mathius

Quote from: MotherGunner on 09/29/2011, 03:19 PMYou know what I am hoping for Chris?  That when you finish Vol 2 that you not only offer it on DVD, but also offer Vol 1 + 2 on Blu-Ray.

I would be awesome to have a Blu-Ray case with some fine art and a nice logo on the disc!  Lots of bonuses like FLAC versions of the music, etc.
Vol 2 is already out bud. :wink:

MotherGunner

Whoa, had no idea.  What's the link?
-MG

Mathius

LameKat

Love the reviews and production value. You've got a great voice for this type of show, reminds me of the Phantom Gourmet T.V. show in Boston:
Keep up the great work, i'll keep watching.

MotherGunner

Quote from: LameKat on 10/03/2011, 10:22 PMLove the reviews and production value. You've got a great voice for this type of show, reminds me of the Phantom Gourmet T.V. show in Boston:
Keep up the great work, i'll keep watching.
Damn..I almost got a heart attack watching this.  Ha ha ha!
-MG

TR0N

Next cutem'up spida1a review is cotton  :-"
IMG

sirhcman

Thanks Tron, another excellent review! Chris Bucci never disappoints!  =D>

ChrisBucci

Thanks guys....I appreciate it!!!

Cotton surprised me because it was TICKING ME OFF big time.  But, I kept going back to it over and over and over and over.  I usually don't fall for the "beat things a second time to get the game's credits" bull.  The problem was....I couldn't stop!  So, I raised it a half star and I'm glad I was able to share my defeating of the second pass on default with you guys (will NEVER happen again, ha ha).  

:)

Mathius

Quote from: spida1a on 10/23/2011, 01:22 PMThanks guys....I appreciate it!!!

Cotton surprised me because it was TICKING ME OFF big time.  But, I kept going back to it over and over and over and over.  I usually don't fall for the "beat things a second time to get the game's credits" bull.  The problem was....I couldn't stop!  So, I raised it a half star and I'm glad I was able to share my defeating of the second pass on default with you guys (will NEVER happen again, ha ha). 

:)
Well thanks for enduring such a "frustratingly addictive" title (there aren't many).

So, where is our Halloween themed Turbo Views episode of Dracual X? :wink:

munchiaz

another awesome ep. always love watching your stuff.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Mathius on 10/23/2011, 06:42 PMSo, where is our Halloween themed Turbo Views episode of Dracual X? :wink:
haha. Agreed! Import/Halloween Special all in one. :D
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

TR0N

Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/25/2011, 06:24 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/23/2011, 06:42 PMSo, where is our Halloween themed Turbo Views episode of Dracual X? :wink:
haha. Agreed! Import/Halloween Special all in one. :D
I've suggested that to spida1a befor i hope he does it be perfect for halloween.
IMG

Mathius

QuoteWorking on the "strangeness that is" Bravoman...   
Chris Bucci   6:41pm Oct 27
Working on the "strangeness that is" Bravoman review (hopefully uploaded sometime Saturday afternoon). And....a special favorite of mine for Halloween evening (...grabs whip...). Thanks all!
I knew it! :D <<<Grabs Holy Water>>>

SMF

HELLS YES (Where's my axe) You the man Chris.

ChrisBucci

Hey.....I don't know what ya'll are talking about....  :)

machomadness

I know I said in private already on YouTube, but I really want to thank you for these reviews. It's not often that I buy homebrew DVD's(in fact the last ones were the Retroware Seasons 1 and 2), but I HAD to buy yours as they were jam packed and looked professionally done. BTW, I have a Blu-Ray burner. If you need someone to burn Blu-Rays for you, if you could make the disc images, I could burn them no problem. I don't know how to make custom menus or I'd master them myself for you. You could probably get around $30 for the Blu-Ray sets(discs go for about $2 a disc now), so it's something to think about.

If you want to master them yourself, here's the machine I use:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827162006&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-CD/DVD+ROM/RW+Drives+-+External-_-Buffalo+Technology-_-27162006

Anyways, keep up the great reviews and you DEFINITELY have a customer for LIFE!
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: machomadness on 10/28/2011, 03:04 AMI know I said in private already on YouTube, but I really want to thank you for these reviews. It's not often that I buy homebrew DVD's(in fact the last ones were the Retroware Seasons 1 and 2), but I HAD to buy yours as they were jam packed and looked professionally done. BTW, I have a Blu-Ray burner. If you need someone to burn Blu-Rays for you, if you could make the disc images, I could burn them no problem. I don't know how to make custom menus or I'd master them myself for you. You could probably get around $30 for the Blu-Ray sets(discs go for about $2 a disc now), so it's something to think about.

If you want to master them yourself, here's the machine I use:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827162006&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-CD/DVD+ROM/RW+Drives+-+External-_-Buffalo+Technology-_-27162006

Anyways, keep up the great reviews and you DEFINITELY have a customer for LIFE!
I think Bucci is more concerned with showing his love for the Turbo than making any sort of profit, or building a customer base. But, as a pure fan of the Turbo I am sure he would gladly admit you into his ranks. :)

machomadness

I know, but since a few people here were asking about a Blu-Ray release, I figured I'd volunteer since I have one and also give him a quick overview of cost just in case he considered it in the future.
IMG

Sadler

TR0N

Dracula X Rondo of Blood,About time you review this spida1a still better late then never  :wink:
IMG

jperryss

Great vid as always.

"Look, it's Castlevania 2....ON FIRE!"

machomadness

Dracula X reviewed?

*runs to get popcorn and comes back to the computer*

Okay, I want NO INTERRUPTION when I watch this!

Thanks again, Chris! I'm going to watch it now!
IMG

SMF

1 of the all time greatest imports EVER. Makes me wanna go home and play my copy of Dracula X TONIGHT. Infact I WILL.

Thanks Chris. Hey any chance when your next issue of Turbo Views Vol 3 comes out we can see yu toss in the original review you did and your Mag you made for it? AWESOMENESS My friend.