@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

BitHead1000 YouTube channel

Started by Otaking, 03/05/2016, 05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otaking

BitHead1000 has uploaded a great lets play of Cadash
I'm not really a fan of lets play videos in general but I enjoyed this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

seieienbu

I've seen a few of this guy's videos.  He's pretty entertaining in that he seems to hate the same sorts of things that I hate and has some nice/fond memories of Ys/turbo stuff.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Bloufo

Just wondering what accent is that from that youtuber?

TR0N

Well he showed how effective the mage is.The mage lighting spell pretty much one shot any enemy or boss  :shock:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ginoscope

Pretty good video thanks for sharing I need to play this game.

His accent sounded like Philly or New York.  I grew up in long island so that east coast attitude is funny.

Bloufo

Quote from: ginoscope on 03/06/2016, 11:44 AMHis accent sounded like Philly or New York.  I grew up in long island so that east coast attitude is funny.
It's definitely a cool accent to my ears. Maybe I watch too much Ray Donovan. To my untrained ear it sounds a little similar. :P

Also, I love the "And I got news for ya", sometimes followed by a *pause* for added effect. lol

esteban

I have seen this guy before, he is unforgettable for his delivery. :)

I can't stand to watch an actual Let's Play for a game I have tattooed on my brain, so I watched the opening + a bit of the Let's Play....

I don't have any major complaints. I think he's pretty amusing.

MUSIC:
The music in this game works better *in game* to complement the atmosphere/setting. However, as stand-alone music, Cadash simply can't compare to, say...Dungeon Explorer. I know this guy has good taste because he praised DE and Legendary Axe II for their soundtracks...but Cadash is not in the same league. Never has, never will be.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

dallaspattern

Nice! Thanks, just checked him out. Super entertaining!

Otaking

A BitHead1000 PC Engine Gradius video.
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

jtucci31

Quote from: Otaking on 03/22/2016, 09:38 AMA BitHead1000 PC Engine Gradius video.
I'm almost disappointed that this video isn't an hour and a half, lol. I sort of like his style of long videos, he tells lots of stories and takes his time. In the world of jump-cut youtube videos, I can admire that. Not that I watch the whole video, but parts here or there are nice.

ginoscope

Quote from: Otaking on 03/22/2016, 09:38 AMA BitHead1000 PC Engine Gradius video.
Thanks for sharing that guy is pretty funny.  You almost want to troll him in the comments to set him off lol.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 03/22/2016, 01:37 PM
I'm almost disappointed that this video isn't an hour and a half, lol. I sort of like his style of long videos, he tells lots of stories and takes his time. In the world of jump-cut youtube videos, I can admire that. Not that I watch the whole video, but parts here or there are nice.
Agreed!

I don't have time to watch everything, but I do enjoy his commentary and delivery.

:)

Wiggy1182

YAY! I fucking love Bithead1000. If you go back and watch his videos over the last few years he has some real gems in there. I love his stories and his edited game intros are awesome.

Dicer

Pretty entertaining, thanks for the heads up...

Otaking

Just seen he's done a new video with Soldier Blade.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Otaking on 04/15/2016, 12:37 PMJust seen he's done a new video with Soldier Blade.
Worth watching just for the first 1:15. :P
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Clacker

Thanks for the heads up on BitHead1000.  Watching him play the games is great.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 04/15/2016, 08:44 PM
Quote from: Otaking on 04/15/2016, 12:37 PMJust seen he's done a new video with Soldier Blade.
Worth watching just for the first 1:15. :P
Hah! Absolutely.

Otaking

oops posted in wrong thread

SNKNostalgia

Bithead is funny as hell. I just don't get why he always sells off his collection and starts again. Then again, his living for the hunt goes above and beyond.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: ginoscope on 03/06/2016, 11:44 AMPretty good video thanks for sharing I need to play this game.

His accent sounded like Philly or New York.  I grew up in long island so that east coast attitude is funny.
I was thinking Massachusetts. Sounds like my old college roomate from Foxborough.

ginoscope

Quote from: guest on 04/18/2016, 08:39 AM
Quote from: ginoscope on 03/06/2016, 11:44 AMPretty good video thanks for sharing I need to play this game.

I was thinking Massachusetts. Sounds like my old college roomate from Foxborough.
You are probably correct I knew it sounded like somewhere in the north east.  His videos are pretty funny that intro was pretty funny.

Gredler

I definitely appreciate his passion, this dude enjoys this stuff so much and that's admirable. Sometimes I watch these boobtubers and think they are doing to for the attention/15 minutes, but I get a vibe from him of wanting to share his love of it - he is just so amped up he has to share it with people. Thanks for sharing :)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 04/18/2016, 08:39 AM

I was gonna say Boston, but I'm sure other parts of Massachusetts would qualify as well.

Not sure what specific part of Boston, though.

NightWolve

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 04/18/2016, 05:02 AMBithead is funny as hell. I just don't get why he always sells off his collection and starts again. Then again, his living for the hunt goes above and beyond.
He ain't alone, sadly...

Quote from: wmacmonagle on 06/29/2014, 08:33 AMIt was great expereince to complete turbografx us retails twice in my life time and owning magical chase sealed twice.  One of em are sealed!!!
And he recently graced us with his presence to report:

Quote from: wmacmonagle on 03/18/2016, 12:39 PMThinking about going for 3rd round complete US TURBO US in few months! LOL! Next year maybe haha! 
Although that might be sarcasm to tweak me/us, I wouldn't put it past a collectardo retardo relento nut such as he... :/

Psycho Punch

I was like "who?" until I spotted his Ys artwork in the background. "Oh it's that guy with a crush on Feena again."
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

NightWolve

https://youtu.be/AlKQox5PA8I
Skip on to the finished product (16m in):
Yeah, that was amazing work on his part! To be honest about his channel though, looking at other stuff, he's hard to listen to, and my patience doesn't last. I find him difficult to wanna tune in for more than a minute is what I'm trying to express. Seems like a cool guy, nothing personal and I liked his other video where he played a reseller shark for a fool sending him to the wrong address, but beyond that and his Blue Girl video, I never completed watching anything else of his. I can sit and stand to watch Joe and Dave for a half hour in Game Sack, and say James Nintendo Nerd, but him not so much.

poponon

This guy is great, thanks for sharing. I really enjoy listening to his enthusiasm for games. Nice to throw on in the background .

jtucci31

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/19/2016, 01:26 AMTo be honest about his channel though, looking at other stuff, he's hard to listen to, and my patience doesn't last. I find him difficult to wanna tune in for more than a minute is what I'm trying to express.
For me it's not necessarily about viewing all of the video but just listening in as if it were a podcast of sorts. Like a 1 hour long radio talk show of just him in his shed.

I keep saying this, but, in an over saturated landscape of never ending gaming YT channels with crazy jump cuts, cool intros, and game-knowledge hubris, his videos aren't like very much out there. I'm not trying to convert ya because I can understand it's not for everybody, but I like the "turn on the camera and go" attitude.

Otaking

He ticks the boxes of what I find interesting in a video games YouTube channel

What I'm looking for:

Character

Enthusiasm

Amusing or even mildly amusing

Nostalgic stories and memories

What I don't care about:

Large collection (sat in front of)

Faultless encyclopedic knowledge

Otaking

New "shmup" video about "Gate" the awesome "Hori"

NightWolve

What shooter forum is that ? That's a weird decision if true, a lazy shorthand for "Gate of Thunder" to just say "Gate" ? I couldn't have predicted that... Way too general. Abbreviations, when done by any culture, take the most unique part of the title IF it's unique enough on its own for shorthand use. Both 'gate' and 'thunder' are too general normal-use words to use alone as a quick reference. For "Anearth Fantasy Stories" I can say "Anearth" alone as that's atypical enough, or just say "the Xanadu games" for the "Legend of Xanadu" series as "Xanadu" is atypical enough. To just say "I'm playing Gate" is plainly dumb/lazy...

Otaking

NecroPhile

His Gate of Thunder pack-in came with Bomberman '93?  Talk about teh rarez!!!

Seriously, what kind of fucktard do you have to be to call it 'gate'?!?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ToyMachine78

CrackTiger

Quote from: NecroPhile on 04/26/2016, 10:46 AMHis Gate of Thunder pack-in came with Bomberman '93?  Talk about teh rarez!!!

Seriously, what kind of fucktard do you have to be to call it 'gate'?!?
Every shump fan knows it's called GATES OF THUNDER. [-X
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ToyMachine78

I like playing the awesome verti Blazing.

CrackTiger

Quote from: guest on 04/26/2016, 02:46 PMI like playing the awesome verti Blazing.
n00bs play BlaZing. True shump fans play Gun on God Mode.

NightWolve

ToyMachine78

Quote from: CrackTiger on 04/26/2016, 02:55 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/26/2016, 02:46 PMI like playing the awesome verti Blazing.
n00bs play BlaZing. True shump fans play Gun on God Mode.
I'm not worthy!!

esteban

The Gate was left wide open!

Lord knows where the cat is now...

Dammit.

Otaking

schweaty

he pays too damn much for these games.

NightWolve

Quote from: BitHead1000It's all the RPGs you can't play because you can't speak Japanese.

Oh, and I got a great idea. Aw, I wanna put up a Kickstarter for it, OK ?

Check it out guys, this is a game-changer and I know I'm going on and on.

I wanna develop a pair of glasses -- BITHEAD1000 CAME UP WITH IT BTW -- I wanna develop a pair of glasses that when you put it on it translates Japanese text into English text...

GAMECHANGER!!!!!!! LITERALLY GAMECHANGER!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll give him credit for the enthusiasm at the very least. ;)

You hear that SamIAm ? He wants to put you out of a job... Heh-heh.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: NightWolve on 05/19/2016, 02:37 PMhttps://youtu.be/yFCPKwPWsbE&t=9m10s

Quote from: BitHead1000It's all the RPGs you can't play because you can't speak Japanese.

Check it out guys, this is a game changer and I know I'm going on and on.

I wanna develop a pair of glasses -- BITHEAD1000 CAME UP WITH IT BTW -- I wanna develop a pair of glasses that when you put it on it translates Japanese text into English text...

Hey... Google's probably already working on it.

TurboXray

Quote from: Otaking on 05/19/2016, 09:31 AMNew Bithead1000 video
Does he always do his videos slightly lit on whatever he's drinking?

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 05/19/2016, 03:24 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 05/19/2016, 02:37 PM

Check it out guys, this is a game changer and I know I'm going on and on.

Hey... Google's probably already working on it.
GOOGLE STOLE MY IDEA!!!!!!!!!! NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otaking

Quote from: TurboXray on 05/19/2016, 04:29 PM
Quote from: Otaking on 05/19/2016, 09:31 AMNew Bithead1000 video
Does he always do his videos slightly lit on whatever he's drinking?
I had to look up "lit" as it's a term I'm not familiar with, checked the Urban Dictionary and looks like it means drunk.

I have no idea if he's drunk. I find his "don't give a fuck" attitude refreshing and a stark contrast to most of the other retro game related YouTubers.
As I've said before his best quality is he's genuinely passionate. Compare his videos to all those channels where it's some dude monotonously reading off stuff he's read on Wikipedia sends me to sleep.

Gredler

"Hany looks like a dildo..."

munchiaz

Ive been a fan of bithead for a few years now. Dude just makes me laugh, and he just seems like hes a genuine dude who enjoys the games he played as a child.