RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

TG-16 Manual Scans

Started by Bernie, 03/08/2012, 08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky

Quote from: Bernie on 09/27/2012, 05:24 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/27/2012, 11:30 AMi printed directly from the pdf file of Adam Family from Acrobat and made sure to print landscape/horizontal and it printed out so damn close to size i would not worry about it. :)
again make sure you DO NOT scale to fit, print it as is!!! :)
How would you set it where you could print front and back?
Ya that is the tricky part... Try printing the first page then flip it upside down and print the second page but lining up is a bitch at times.

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 09/27/2012, 11:30 AMi printed directly from the pdf file of Adam Family from Acrobat and made sure to print landscape/horizontal and it printed out so damn close to size i would not worry about it. :)
Inspired by your scans, I set out to create a PDF that would print a manual with the pages in the correct order and double sided as well.  I found that a good way to do it is to take the staples out of the manual and scan each leaf separately, rename the scans in the order the sheets go together, and then create a PDF (using ImageMagick) from the JPGs. To print, I selected "Auto-Rotate and Center" on the print options, and under the printer's setup, chose "Duplex" (or 2 sided), with the short side (stapling left) option on - otherwise, the back side of each leaf will be printed upside down.

esteban

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 09/28/2012, 12:04 AM
Inspired by your scans, I set out to create a PDF that would print a manual with the pages in the correct order and double sided as well.  I found that a good way to do it is to take the staples out of the manual and scan each leaf separately, rename the scans in the order the sheets go together, and then create a PDF (using ImageMagick) from the JPGs. To print, I selected "Auto-Rotate and Center" on the print options, and under the printer's setup, chose "Duplex" (or 2 sided), with the short side (stapling left) option on - otherwise, the back side of each leaf will be printed upside down.
Awesome. :pcgs:

I know this is crazy, but if you (and others) created specialized files for printing reproductions, I would add them to the Archives. It would truly be a labor of love to create these .pdf's. Also, I wouldn't want unscrupulous ebay sellers to pass these off as originals. But, I suppose that comes with the territory. IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

tpivette

Would adding Dungeon Explorer 2 be a possibility? I just picked up the PCE version and reading over an english manual would help get me started
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Bernie

I will get DE II scanned today vette!  :)

tpivette

Sweet! Thanks Bernie
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Bernie

Quote from: tpivette on 10/02/2012, 06:13 AMWould adding Dungeon Explorer 2 be a possibility? I just picked up the PCE version and reading over an english manual would help get me started
Scanning now, will have it uploaded by this afternoon sometime, along with Ys IV.

Dungeon Explorer II and Ys IV english manual uploaded.  First post edited to reflect changes.  Thanks to Sadler for the cover and inside cover images for the Ys IV manual. :)

Keith Courage

Bernie

Thanks Keith, however these scans are done at a much bigger resolution, and of higher quality.  The one they have is 2.5 meg, mine is 16.  All of these are also being hosted at TG16, estaban's site.  :)

esteban

Quote from: Bernie on 10/03/2012, 01:43 PMThanks Keith, however these scans are done at a much bigger resolution, and of higher quality.  The one they have is 2.5 meg, mine is 16.  All of these are also being hosted at TG16, estaban's site.  :)
New manuals added!

https://archives.tg-16.com/magazine_database.htm?col=pub&val=instr#sizer

Bernie

Added several manuals.
Champions Forever Boxing
Chew Man Fu
China Warrior
Cosmic Fantasy 2
Crest of Gaia (translated) credits are in the manual

sirhcman

Sorry Bernie I'm not trying to thread jack but figured this the best place to post this request.. Can someone scan the front of their Neutopia II manual? I just want a slip sheet insert for my case since I don't have the manual (the one in the original post appears to have a bright spot) and I wanted a nice print out

Thanks again for this thread Bernie, some great scans!!

Bernie

Yeah, I will get on that in the morning.  I'll also check the one you are referring too.  Maybe I could rescan the cover and replace the one thats there.  Wither way, I will PM you with a link for the cover.

sirhcman

Quote from: Bernie on 10/10/2012, 02:53 PMYeah, I will get on that in the morning.  I'll also check the one you are referring too.  Maybe I could rescan the cover and replace the one thats there.  Wither way, I will PM you with a link for the cover.
You are awesome, thanks Bernie! :)

esteban

Quote from: Bernie on 10/10/2012, 08:49 AMAdded several manuals.
Champions Forever Boxing
Chew Man Fu
China Warrior
Cosmic Fantasy 2
Crest of Gaia (translated) credits are in the manual
Manuals added! :pcgs:

https://archives.tg-16.com/magazine_database.htm?col=pub&val=instr

Keith Courage

No matter what I try I cannot get any of the manuals to print the correct size. Maybe it's because I am using windows 7? When I go to print in adobe reader I make sure that no scaling is turned on and that select paper by PDF size is selected. When I print this way the manual comes out slightly too small. Maybe only by a few mm.

Whew, never mind. I finally figured out a way to do this with Nero 8 cover program instead.

esteban

Quote from: Keith Courage on 10/16/2012, 09:27 PMNo matter what I try I cannot get any of the manuals to print the correct size. Maybe it's because I am using windows 7? When I go to print in adobe reader I make sure that no scaling is turned on and that select paper by PDF size is selected. When I print this way the manual comes out slightly too small. Maybe only by a few mm.

Whew, never mind. I finally figured out a way to do this with Nero 8 cover program instead.
SUCCESS!

T2KFreeker

Hmm, can I request a couple? please? Would be nice to see Night Creatures, Ghost Manor, and Galaga 1990. Oh, and Dragon Slayer, please.
END OF LINE.

Bernie

Quote from: T2KFreeker on 10/28/2012, 10:50 PMHmm, can I request a couple? please? Would be nice to see Night Creatures, Ghost Manor, and Galaga 1990. Oh, and Dragon Slayer, please.
Sure thing Jason.  I will get on those next, once this storm passes.

T2KFreeker

Quote from: Bernie on 10/28/2012, 11:37 PM
Quote from: T2KFreeker on 10/28/2012, 10:50 PMHmm, can I request a couple? please? Would be nice to see Night Creatures, Ghost Manor, and Galaga 1990. Oh, and Dragon Slayer, please.
Sure thing Jason.  I will get on those next, once this storm passes. 
Obviously get through the storm first. I just hope that your house doesn't float away.
END OF LINE.

T2KFreeker

So, the storm pass yet?  :shock:
END OF LINE.

Bernie

Quote from: T2KFreeker on 11/06/2012, 07:39 PMSo, the storm pass yet?  :shock:
So, you ship those games yet?   :shock:

T2KFreeker

Quote from: Bernie on 11/07/2012, 08:01 AM
Quote from: T2KFreeker on 11/06/2012, 07:39 PMSo, the storm pass yet?  :shock:
So, you ship those games yet?   :shock:
Yes, yes I did actually.
END OF LINE.

jelloslug

Still scanning manuals?  If so could you do New Adventure Island?

Bernie

Actually, I plan to scan some tonight.  I will be sure to do that one for ya jelloslug......  That name sounds so, gross when ya actually say it..  lol

EDIT:  Something is going on with my connection to TG16 where the files are hosted.  I am going to get these scanned, while I touch bases with esteban.

jelloslug

Quote from: Bernie on 11/29/2012, 03:15 PMActually, I plan to scan some tonight.  I will be sure to do that one for ya jelloslug......  That name sounds so, gross when ya actually say it..  lol

EDIT:  Something is going on with my connection to TG16 where the files are hosted.  I am going to get these scanned, while I touch bases with esteban.
The name kind of oozes off the tongue.  I can host them if need be.

Bernie

Added Dragon Slayer, Galaga 90, Ghost Manor, New Adventure Island, and Night Creatures.

roflmao

You are a machine, Bernie!

jelloslug

I hate to seem whiny but do you have a better scan of the front cover for Jackie Chan?

Bernie

Quote from: guest on 11/29/2012, 09:35 PMI hate to seem whiny but do you have a better scan of the front cover for Jackie Chan?
I believe my copy of Jackie Chan had a pretty worn manual, but let me look into it.  I may be able to do something.

Yeah, my copy of Jackie Chan, the manual was in pretty worn condition.  :(  If someone else happens to have a better copy, we can replace the cover I have with that one.

jelloslug

Quote from: Bernie on 11/30/2012, 09:49 AMI believe my copy of Jackie Chan had a pretty worn manual, but let me look into it.  I may be able to do something.

Yeah, my copy of Jackie Chan, the manual was in pretty worn condition.  :(  If someone else happens to have a better copy, we can replace the cover I have with that one. 
Thanks!

SuperPlay

Thanks (as always) for these scans :-)

esteban

YES! BERNIE IS BACK AND KICKIN' BUTT with the manuals. YAY! :pcgs::pcgs::pcgs::pcgs::pcgs::pcgs:

Looks like I got some updating to do, myself...

Bernie

If anyone finds any link errors, please let me know.  I just found and fixed one.  Thanks guys!

VestCunt

Could someone PLEASE make this thread a sticky?
Topic Adjourned.

Bernie

Quote from: guest on 01/23/2013, 06:35 PMCould someone PLEASE make this thread a sticky?
That would be a good idea.  :)  I may PM Keranu and see what he thinks.  Also, just uploaded Parasol Stars.  :)

turboswimbz

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!  Thanks for the thread Bernie.  It is greatly appreciated.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Bernie

Nice!  That was fast!  Thanks!!  Also, just added a few.  Cyber Core, Dragon Spirit, Dungeon Explorer, and Parasol Stars

esteban

Quote from: Bernie on 01/23/2013, 09:00 PMNice!  That was fast!  Thanks!!  Also, just added a few.  Cyber Core, Dragon Spirit, Dungeon Explorer, and Parasol Stars
YAY! I have some updating to do!

Did we ever figure out which manual is entitled "Honey Bear Boo Boo" in the .pdf?

Bernie

No.  But I grabbed them all last night so I'll go thru em.  Probly one of the scans I used in place of one I was missing the manual or game.

Gladiator316

I have been aching to get a darkwing duck or Legend of hero tonma copy...cuz m sure i will never find a real one....does anyone have a copies they can make?
93/94 TurboChips

jelloslug

Could you do a scan of Soldier Blade?

Bernie

Sadly, I have none of the three mentioned above...  :( Maybe someone else does?

FiftyQuid

Yeah, I've been wanting a SB manual for a while now.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

jelloslug

I can scan Darkwing Duck.

NecroPhile

I can do Soldier Blade this weekend.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 03/01/2013, 09:09 AMI can do Soldier Blade this weekend.
I'd love you forever if you did.

Bernie

Soldier Blade added, thanks to Necro!  :)

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Bernie on 03/04/2013, 02:12 PMSoldier Blade added, thanks to Necro!  :)
Thank you!

esteban

STATUS: I am behind on recent (and not-so-recent) additions! Good to see progress! Gotta make some updates... :pcgs: