1/12/06 - PcenginefxTV Episode 5 now live!

Started by PCEngineFX, 01/12/2006, 06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

Yes the time is close at hand!  The first broadcast-quality episode of PcenginefxTV is now in the production stages and should be done this week if all goes as planned.  What makes this episode special...?

- First episode created at full TV resolution (720x480) in 16:9 mode.

- Production values have been upped once again - this time you will see my ugly mug instead of just hearing my voice! :)

- Video reviews are now longer than before!

- Best of all, you will be able to view the show in high resolution (via online streaming - codec to be determined).

STAY TUNED!
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

Keranu

Excellent! This should be an update WORTH the wait! And I can't wait to see you in full video, I've only seen one sneaky pic of you in that Star Trek convention. Prepared to get BOMBED! (Just kidding). Is Episode 5 going to have the typical two TG16/PCE games, one PC-FX game, and Turbo Corner? These longer reviews will be a nice treat :D .
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

PCEngineFX

LOL!  Yah I'm still working on my video presence - I'd be a really bad TV host that's for sure...when I talk I kinda sound dead-pan so I'm working on making myself look more happy (my wife saw my test footage and laughed out of her seat....not a good sign....still need to do a re-shoot of the footage.)

As for the format, the review section will be a little different.  So far I have one USA HuCard, one USA SuperCD and one JPN SuperCD.  I'm debating on including a PC-FX game review or not due to the length...and of course I will have a special Turbo related goodie to show off.
IMG

jlued686

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NightWolve

A video where we get to see Aaron getting his nerd-on?? Awesome! LOL. I will definitely keep an eye out for this! Promise. ;)

PCEngineFX

Quote from: "NightWolve"A video where we get to see Aaron getting his nerd-on?? Awesome! LOL. I will definitely keep an eye out for this! Promise. ;)

Oh boy....   now I'm not sure if I should be doing this or not!  :shock:  In any case, you won't have to wait much longer now....production is done, and now the episode is in final tweaking stages.
IMG

NightWolve

Nah, I always enjoy your stuff Aaron. I still love that video, PcenginefxTV-01.asf, you did with your then girlfriend. I mean, putting her up to doing these things for you with NEC hardware... CLASSIC... ;) Then she's reading Turbo Force while acting all serious doing it like she could even give a shit! Hah! Though, I dunno what to say about that man. It's hilarious, it's super nerdy... it's many many things I can't think of putting into words, but whatever it is, I say keep it up! Hehe.

Keranu

Anything video-assosciated made by Aaron has been excellent, truely the best part of PC Engine FX.
IMG

PCEngineFX

I am happy to announce that PcenginefxTV Episode 5 is now live and available for viewing.  Please visit the front page of pcengine-fx.com for details.
IMG

evilmax17

Quote from: "Pcenginefx"I am happy to announce that PcenginefxTV Episode 5 is now live and available for viewing.  Please visit the front page of pcengine-fx.com for details.
YES!

But...I downloaded the .wmv version, and am playing it on WMP10, and there's no sound.

:(
IMG

PCEngineFX

Let me check this....hang on.

UPDATE:  Yep you are right...no sound using WMP10....re-encoding now and will update here when the new file is ready.
IMG

evilmax17

Quote from: "Pcenginefx"Let me check this....hang on.

UPDATE:  Yep you are right...no sound using WMP10....re-encoding now and will update here when the new file is ready.
Thanks very much.  I'm watching the quicktime version now, and it's awesome.  Please, don't let this be the last episode.  I watch 1-4 all the time, and now 5 will be added into the rotation.

What's the song playing when "Turbo Goods" is displayed?

Edit: and what's the credits song?

Edit 2: Heh, they're all listed in the credits.   :oops:
IMG

PCEngineFX

Yah, apparently the WMP9 version I encoded didn't include audio for some reason (not a WMP10 bug).  Still trying to encode it down to a reasonable size...no wonder why it was so small originally.

Don't fear.......this won't be the last one. :)

EDIT: WMP9 version now fixed.
IMG

Keranu

OH MY GOD! This is possibly the best episode yet! Nice selection of games (good variety to them), excellent music choices, terrific cinema and art style (man you're good at this), and best yet, THE TURBO GOODS! That promo-video is absolutely 80's-TASTIC! I can't get enough of it, it's by far some of the best video game advertising I have seen in awhile. I don't know where you get this stuff, but thanks a lot! Superbly done.
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: "Keranu"80's-TASTIC!
I was trying to think of a way to describe that promo video also (besides "gay"), and I'd say you hit the nail on the head with that. ;)

Great work, Aaron. Man, you're still the hardest working dude in the pce/tg16 scene I see. Kick ass site design, non ezboard-based forums (finally), more videos, etc. Shit man, how do you still manage all this??? Do you have any help or is it still mainly you that does all the work/research, etc.?

Keranu

By the way, I forgot to mention that you did a way better job hosting than I thought. I was expecting you to be the show host might be pretty cheesy, but it turned out quite well and professional. Nice job!
IMG

jlued686

Great episode, Aaron!  I loved that promo video.  And you've talked me into tracking down a copy of Double Dragon 2.  I used to love that friggin' game!

Great work and I can't wait for more!

PCEngineFX

Quote from: "NightWolve"Great work, Aaron. Man, you're still the hardest working dude in the pce/tg16 scene I see. Kick ass site design, non ezboard-based forums (finally), more videos, etc. Shit man, how do you still manage all this??? Do you have any help or is it still mainly you that does all the work/research, etc.?

Thanks guys for your great comments!  I'm really happy you enjoyed the show.  As for managing the site, it has always been me and me alone.  I've had people here and there over the years help me a little on stuff, but 99% of it has been me.

I'm glad that I finally got some time last week to produce the show - I've been wanting to since last Nov, but didn't have any time to do it due to work priorities.

Looking to the future, I've just got a great idea for an upcoming feature which I'm sure everyone will enjoy...man, it's going to be good!
IMG

PCEngineFX

Quote from: "Keranu"By the way, I forgot to mention that you did a way better job hosting than I thought. I was expecting you to be the show host might be pretty cheesy, but it turned out quite well and professional. Nice job!

Thanks Keranu!  I intended it to be as professional as possible and turned out not too bad, though there are things I will improve for next time (larger background set, better lighting, more video in the show...talking slower :)
IMG

PCEngineFX

Quote from: guestGreat episode, Aaron!  I loved that promo video.  And you've talked me into tracking down a copy of Double Dragon 2.  I used to love that friggin' game!

Great work and I can't wait for more!
Wasn't that promo just great?  Like Keranu said, it is SO 80's-Tastic....I love the part when the one guy at the beginning says "TOAST!" and when they are dancing...the guy to the left with the hand thing to the face is CLASSIC.
IMG

Keranu

I liked the set you had already for your hosting set up, but I guess it could be better since it looked a little empty, but I kind of like that in a artistic way and having your Turbo games with you was neat, haha.

How long did it take to make this episode? A week you said? If that's true, that's excellent, a lot faster than I thought it would take. I look forward to future episodes!

My favorite part of the promo is when it did the typical TGCD advertisment message where it says that not only your TGCD can play TGCD games, but can also work as a CD player and play audio CDs. Then the kids pop in the CD and this hilarious 80's techno-ish song pops up and the two teens start doing this rad 80's dance moves with their hands, hahahaha! I laughed out loud when I saw that all by myself at 2am. That promo was badass to the max.
IMG

XtraN

OH this Episode is GREAT!! Awesome quality, very professional! I love it.

I agree. that video ad is great! I remember this either at Montgomery Wards or TRU. Not sure, but I DO remember standing there watching it over and over and dreaming the day I would own one!!!

Good stuff! Thanks for the hard work! Look forward to the next episode!

akamichi

I just finished watching the episode.  It was awesome!  That 80s promo tape was so lame!!!  I loved it!  To paraphrase the cheesiest part of the promo vid (hard to choose just one part)... "Turbo is for turbocharged!  Graphics is for... uh... graphics!"  What a dork! :lol:

Anyway, great show Aaron.  Keep up the good work!

Dark Fact

Well, I just finished watching this episode on a university lab computer and I'll give you props, Aaron.  This was compiled very well.  You opened up a can of nostalgia that I've been dying to revisit.

Unfortunately, I had to keep the audio off due to my other project teammates doing other work.  I'll watch the episode again with the audio on sometime later.

And that 80's TurboGrafx ad was as cheesy as anything.  The Kung Fu to China Warrior comparison was a ballsy stab at Nintendo.  Not surprising...considering that Nintendo was the lead system in console video gaming in the 80's and EVERYONE wanted a piece of them.
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Keranu

Haha, I was laughing when I saw the promo compare China Warrior to Kung Fu. At first I was thinking "Well that's not a very fair comparison!" but I kind of take that back now since they are both similar games and China Warrior did have some nice technical specs back then with the huge sprites.
IMG

Dark Fact

China Warrior, not China Fighter.  I stand corrected.
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

PCEngineFX

Quote from: "Dark Fact"Well, I just finished watching this episode on a university lab computer and I'll give you props, Aaron.  This was compiled very well.  You opened up a can of nostalgia that I've been dying to revisit.

Thanks Dark Fact for the comments - if you thought it was that good, wait till you listen to it with sound! ;)

I'm already forming ideas for the next show btw..................
IMG

Dark Fact

I watched a bit of it yesterday with the sound on but had to go soon after.  I'll try to watch the rest with the audio on.

As for your next episode, I'm hoping to see some reviews based on Valis or even Emerald Dragon.

Zerojean

Just watched it, excellent stuff great production....cant wait for 6!
Baseley09 in disguise.