RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Pia Carrot... holy shit!... now with photos!

Started by tpivette, 08/21/2012, 04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpivette

So the wife finished Satomi's playthrough, unlocked a few new photos.

Satomi's new bathing suit...

IMG
tpivette/satomi1.png

...as well as her new evening wear

IMG
tpivette/satomi2.png

Then I persued Saori, the girl you bump into at school

IMG
tpivette/saori1.png

IMG
tpivette/saori2.png

The only two characters I haven't finished the game with are... um... my cousin... and my sister. Fucking weird that they are attainable in this game, but oh well...
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

FiftyQuid

LOL.  I can't wait to see those pics.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

tpivette

Haven't had much time to play this game lately, but I did finally complete the game with the last attainable characters.

Good news: you can't bang your sister. Whew! The walkthrough made it seem like you could, but the "ending" you get with her is just the generic ending you see when another girl dumps you. However... your cousin Kiyomi...

IMG
tpivette/kiyomi1.png

that's not the case...

IMG
tpivette/kiyomi2.png

So now I've done everything with everyone in the game... except your boss Shiho. I've gotten her to be my girlfriend at the end of the game, but never had sex with her. Guess I gotta play through her scenario one more time and see if I missed anything.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

FiftyQuid

This game has everything.  I need to find a PC-FX.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

tpivette

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

Emerald Rocker

This is a great game -- easily one of the PC-FX's best (if not *the* best game on PC-FX).
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

thesteve

kazekirifx

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 09/16/2012, 12:20 AMThis is a great game -- easily one of the PC-FX's best (if not *the* best game on PC-FX).
That's arguable, but I agree more with thesteve.

PunkCryborg

Tatsujin

lol, my mom's name is Pia as well.
very cute name, that's for certain.
if we had a daughter, her name would be already decided.

Pia Karotte
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Ji-L87

CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Yamazaki

Come on guys!

That stuff is tame!! The real deal is still on the PC Engine!

IMG

tpivette

I only posted photos/dialogue that I thought was ok for the forum wthout violating any rules. It gets a lot raunchier that what you see in this thread.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Yamazaki on 09/19/2012, 11:51 AMCome on guys!

That stuff is tame!! The real deal is still on the PC Engine!

IMG
What is that from? One of the Shiawase Usagi games?

Yamazaki

Yes, Shinsetsu Shiawase Usagi II to be exact.

Tatsujin

I has that, but never managed to get the mosaics disabled.

Yamazaki

hehe I searched for the code online and actually managed to decensor it :D

Tatsujin

so then please enlighten us of how it works. the cheats I found so far on the internetz didn't do a shit. lol.

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/20/2012, 08:22 AMso then please enlighten us of how it works. the cheats I found so far on the internetz didn't do a shit. lol.
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan. :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan. :pcgs:
I didn't know Bazzy swung that way.  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ji-L87

Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/20/2012, 08:22 AMso then please enlighten us of how it works. the cheats I found so far on the internetz didn't do a shit. lol.
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan. :pcgs:
Stealin' that quote for my sig, thank you very much :mrgreen:
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Tatsujin

Aggie Tsubi

Heh, glad to know I'm not the only straight woman out there who finds games like Pia Carrot really fun. :) I love a good dating sim. I probably have Harvest Moon to "blame" for that (the first one, which I got at launch, so that was long before playing as a girl and marrying a guy was an option).

Firebomber7

Quote from: Aggie Tsubi on 09/28/2012, 06:14 PMHeh, glad to know I'm not the only straight woman out there who finds games like Pia Carrot really fun. :) I love a good dating sim. I probably have Harvest Moon to "blame" for that (the first one, which I got at launch, so that was long before playing as a girl and marrying a guy was an option).
There's a girl on here? Cool! Are you cute, Japanese and have bunny ears and a bunny tail?
IMG
IMG
IMG
Wants:
-region/s-video modded PC Engine Duo w/Arcade Card at www. multimods .com
-region modded Super Grafx
-region modded PC Engine original
-PC-FX w/Zenki, Zeroigar, Chip-Chan, Battle Heat, Der Langrisser FX

Will this complete me?

thesteve

Quote from: Firebomber7 on 09/29/2012, 01:43 PM
Quote from: Aggie Tsubi on 09/28/2012, 06:14 PMHeh, glad to know I'm not the only straight woman out there who finds games like Pia Carrot really fun. :) I love a good dating sim. I probably have Harvest Moon to "blame" for that (the first one, which I got at launch, so that was long before playing as a girl and marrying a guy was an option).
There's a girl on here? Cool! Are you cute, Japanese and have bunny ears and a bunny tail?
we all wanna know

Aggie Tsubi

No, I can't claim to be the girl in the Keio Flying Squadron series, haha.

thesteve

ahh, but most girls judge themselves far more harshly than others would
pic?

BlueBMW

Lol you guys are too funny.

Speaking of keio... want!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

kazekirifx

With this kind of exchange, it's no wonder girls don't stick around here for long. :)

tpivette

Quote from: kazekirifx on 10/03/2012, 09:04 PMWith this kind of exchange, it's no wonder girls don't stick around here for long. :)
yeah really... no one asks me for my photos! I'm kinda offended!

Anyway... Aggie, since you have experience with dating sims, what would you reccommend for the PC-FX besides Pia Carrot? I'm new to the genre (but had so much fun with Carrot, that I'd like to try another), and could use some advice

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

thesteve

LOL, its all good.
nice to have some girls around too.

Tatsujin

Try..

Can can bunny extra dx
Dragon knight 4

:]

Aggie Tsubi

I'm still digging into the PC-FX library myself, so I'm probably not experienced enough yet to make qualified recommendations for its best dating sims.

This is just a random aside, but my favorite dating sim, oddly enough, is a game on N64 called Getter Love!! (it's the only true dating sim in the N64's entire library). It's this really bizarre hybrid of a dating sim and a board game. It can be played with up to four people, but even playing alone with three AI opponents, the competitive angle really makes it a ton of fun. Of course, given its nature, it doesn't have the depth of story of something like Pia Carrot.

Ji-L87

Quote from: Aggie Tsubi on 10/05/2012, 02:54 AMI'm still digging into the PC-FX library myself, so I'm probably not experienced enough yet to make qualified recommendations for its best dating sims.

This is just a random aside, but my favorite dating sim, oddly enough, is a game on N64 called Getter Love!! (it's the only true dating sim in the N64's entire library). It's this really bizarre hybrid of a dating sim and a board game. It can be played with up to four people, but even playing alone with three AI opponents, the competitive angle really makes it a ton of fun. Of course, given its nature, it doesn't have the depth of story of something like Pia Carrot.
How....does that work...as a game? I'm curious now :D
CHECKPOINT!

Aggie Tsubi

Well, there's a long review of it here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/n64/576253-getter-love/reviews/review-47802

But the general flow of the game is that everybody picks where they want to go on the map for each turn, then it goes through each player one by one as they meet girls, set up dates, go on dates, answer questions and give gifts to increase the girl's affection, challenge the other players to mini-games, use items to help yourself or screw over the other players, and ultimately try to be the first to confess your love to a girl without getting rejected (or if you do incredibly well, the girl will confess herself).

esteban

Welcome, Aggie. :pcgs:

Quote from: kazekirifx on 10/03/2012, 09:04 PMWith this kind of exchange, it's no wonder girls don't stick around here for long. :)
I know!

Aggie Tsubi

I've actually been around for over a year, but I don't pop in too often. But thanks for the welcome regardless. :) I never got so much attention before posting my gender, haha.

I probably should check out the other sections more. I do love my PC Engine Duo-RX too (more than the PC-FX actually, which is guess is no big surprise considering the size and quality of the PC Engine library, but I love rooting for an underdog so that makes me fascinated with the PC-FX).

Filler

I pop by for the first time in a while and...wow! It really warms my heart to hear about new folks discovering Pia Carrot and to read about people enjoying this game. This has seriously made my week!

I know tpivette has been talking up the scenes in this game, which are quite nice, but as a counterpoint I'd like to mention that the stuff is pretty tame by today's standards. Not that it's kids stuff, but I agree with Ji-L87 that playing these games to enjoy is the way to go. If anything I hope folks give it a try for the pictures, and stay for the charming characters and story.

As for other games like this on PC-FX I can also personally recommend First Kiss Story. There are no scenes like in WtPC but there is some risque humor, and it's a charming and heartwarming love story that Pia fans will enjoy. Who knows, maybe I'll manage a translation of it someday...

BlueBMW

I will admit, Pia Carrot is a different style game than I had ever played in the west.  There is definitely a lot more here than some dirty pics.  There is some depth to be enjoyed.  I thought Saori's story was particularly interesting.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Aggie Tsubi

Quote from: filler on 10/06/2012, 11:11 PMAs for other games like this on PC-FX I can also personally recommend First Kiss Story. There are no scenes like in WtPC but there is some risque humor, and it's a charming and heartwarming love story that Pia fans will enjoy. Who knows, maybe I'll manage a translation of it someday...
That would be awesome. :) And it seems like more people than ever are taking an interest in the game thanks to its fighting mini-game.

Filler

Ooh, that's a good point. Okay, I'm going to get cracking on current PC-FX projects and see if we can look into that one.

tpivette

Man, that would be awesome if there were another english text PC-FX title!

First Kiss Story is on my wish list, not only because of the mini game (even though that is part of it), but because I heard so many good things about its storyline. To have it in english would be amazing!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

thesteve

last imperial prince would be great as well

Filler

Getting a bit off topic here, I hope no one minds. For starters everybody please give a big round of applause for Esperknight!  =D&gt; I have a
script dump for First Kiss Story in front of me now!

Also just FYI: the script for Ojousama Sousamou has had a complete first draft translated, at least as much of the text as has been dumped. ...And, I just got a script from another PC-FX game that I will reserve announcing just to increase the suspense.  :twisted:

Thanks for that suggestion thesteve! Unfortunately it is not the unannounced game, but I'll keep it in mind.

...Now to go play test Team Innocent.

PunkCryborg

Heck yeah I'm glad I picked up this FX! Can't wait to see some more translated titles!

tpivette

This is awesome! While the games/system is great even in Japanese, to have translated text titles would be on a whole new level!

Keep us updated on the progress!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

Aggie Tsubi

Awesome, thanks, guys! It's a good time to be a PC-FX owner. :D

Mishran

Team Innocent and First Kiss? Score! Two more reasons to break out the FX! :dance:

Last Imperial Prince translated would definitely be sweet!

esteban

Quote from: filler on 10/28/2012, 08:06 PMGetting a bit off topic here, I hope no one minds. For starters everybody please give a big round of applause for Esperknight!  =D&gt; I have a
script dump for First Kiss Story in front of me now!

Also just FYI: the script for Ojousama Sousamou has had a complete first draft translated, at least as much of the text as has been dumped. ...And, I just got a script from another PC-FX game that I will reserve announcing just to increase the suspense.  :twisted:

Thanks for that suggestion thesteve! Unfortunately it is not the unannounced game, but I'll keep it in mind.

...Now to go play test Team Innocent.
Well, crap. You don't even need a PC-FX to get excited about the developments here :pcgs: