@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?

Started by Dark Fact, 02/16/2006, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineHell

"Im a computer. Stop all the downloading."

Ninja Spirit

"Yuzo Koshiro DJ of Streets of Rage"
Haha nice video. Yuzo Koshiro blasting his very own Streets of Rage 2 music at a Japanese night club.

motdelbuort

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 03/23/2006, 12:30 AM
wayback.spikedhumor.com/DontCopyThatFloppy
Haha that's awesome. Reminds me of Z-dog and Scammer from that episode of the Simpsons.

I like the way he outlines what piracy could lead to, which actually ends up being rather compelling. :twisted:

GUTS

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 04/04/2006, 03:25 PM"Yuzo Koshiro DJ of Streets of Rage"
Haha nice video. Yuzo Koshiro blasting his very own Streets of Rage 2 music at a Japanese night club.
Yuzo Koshiro rules, I keep meaning to look for some of his CDs.  I assume you can buy or download his old soundtracks with redone music so you don't sound like a nerd blasting obvious video game music?

esteban

Quote from: "GUTS"Yuzo Koshiro rules, I keep meaning to look for some of his CDs.  I assume you can buy or download his old soundtracks with redone music so you don't sound like a nerd blasting obvious video game music?
hahhahahahaa :).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Ninja Spirit

The nerd stigma on listening to game music really sickens me. :p

I have as much game music in my car as hip hop.

GUTS

I'm proud to say I have never once in my life played any form of video game music in my car.  The only way I would do it is if I had a straight up Super Mario Bros theme CD that I could blast, that would actually be really funny and so impossibly nerdy that it might cross back over into cool.

Keranu

I have listened to a ton of video game shit in my cousin's car with him. Here is a small list:

Garou: Mark of the Wolves soundtrack
Shin Samurai Spirits soundtrack
Fatal Fury Special (PCE ACD) red book audio
Robo Aleste (Sega CD) red book audio
Cyber Speedway red book audio
Last Alert (TGCD) red book audio for the voices only.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

esteban

Quote from: "GUTS"I'm proud to say I have never once in my life played any form of video game music in my car.  The only way I would do it is if I had a straight up Super Mario Bros theme CD that I could blast, that would actually be really funny and so impossibly nerdy that it might cross back over into cool.
Hahahhahhahaha :). You might recall many moons ago when I confessed (on another forum) to playing NES (and other) tunes in my  first car (brown '82 Datsun 200 sx) when I was in college (early 90's).

Prior to that, I played 8-tracks in my parent's car (Pea soup green '72 Cadillac Deville or Seville, I forget) when I cruised in high school. Here's the best part: I wanted to play cassette tapes (of all types of music, not only video game stuff) in the Cadillac, so I looked through a Radio Shack catalog and found a cassette tape --> 8-track converter!!!! I was stoked! Our local Radio Shack even had one in stock! This was back in 90-91...

Unfortunately, the dashboard / radio didn't have enough clearance for the converter. Had the dashboard been only 1/2" higher, I would have been in heaven. My friends and I had a lot of fun building up an 8-track library, though, so it all worked out for the best (my parents' existing library was pretty small, though their disco stuff was killer).  

Anyway, I ended up using the cassette --> 8-track converter on my own stereo (which was an 8-track / stereo / phonograph combo).

I wish I still had my old VGM cassette tapes ... my favorite tunes to blast (with windows rolled all the way down, uber-nerd stylee) was Karnov (NES)... Later, when we got TG-CD, Valis II was a fave as well...

Ninja Spirit

Well I listen to that stuff in the car, and I'm not ashamed a bit.

However, I don't listen to Final Fantasy music in the car though.

I usually listen to soundtracks from various NES, SNES, Genesis, TG16

also Guilty Gear and Megaman music

But in my car though, J-pop will NOT be tolerated.

Keranu

God damn it, Steve - do you HAVE to be the coolest person in the universe? :D
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Speaking of game music, y'all got to watch this video.
It's evidence that Michael Jackson had something to do with the music for Sonic the Hedgehog 3.

I knew something was shady, because when I first heard Michael's single "Stranger in Moscow", first thing that came to mind was the Sonic 3 ending credits.

Ninja Spirit

The stuff that good shooters are made of!

GUTS

You still have that 8-Track record player Steve?  Those things are DOPE, I've been looking around here locally for one of those old silver 70s ones.  I want to get a whole 70s stereo setup eventually, they just look so damn cool and records are fookin awesome.

esteban

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"Speaking of game music, y'all got to watch this video.
It's evidence that Michael Jackson had something to do with the music for Sonic the Hedgehog 3.

I knew something was shady, because when I first heard Michael's single "Stranger in Moscow", first thing that came to mind was the Sonic 3 ending credits.
Wow, that was fun to watch and think about. I'm not familiar enough with MJ's later music to make a judgement on the possible similarities, but it's damn interesting! It would be great if MJ released his original notes / demos for Moonwalker Arcade / Genesis and Sonic 3 on his website. Of course I'm dreaming!

Ninja Spirit

This is not the only game where this kind of conspiracy theory exists.

There's also the situation where traces of actual songs (let alone classical) end up in video game music. "Children" by Robert Miles is heard in several fighting games, Tekken 5, and Garou Mark of the Wolves.

The Megaman series is also notorious for stuff like this

>Neon Tiger stage music in Rockman/Megaman X3 actually takes several bars from a Guns & Roses song.

>Megaman 1: Elec Man stage music has an uncanny resemblance to another 80's song, I forgot what it was.

>Megaman 3: Word has it that the opening bars in Magnet Man's music came from a song from the R&B group "Earth Wind and Fire".

For the Neo Geo enthusiasts, listen to the song "Roundabout" by the group Yes. If you transpose it to concert D minor, it sounds almost identical to Galford's music (Samurai Showdown).

Keranu

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"Neon Tiger stage music in Rockman/Megaman X3 actually takes several bars from a Guns & Roses song.
DUDE! My little brother was just playing that game yesterday and when he was in some stage, I listened closely to the music and was thinking how similar it sounded to a GnR song, I am pretty sure it was the song Mr. Brownstone. I would have to listen to that level song again to confirm it, because there was a guitar riff during the song that sounded just like one of those old GnR songs. It only makes sense too since those MMX games have boss names from GnR members.

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit""Children" by Robert Miles is heard in several fighting games, Tekken 5, and Garou Mark of the Wolves.
I love this one, however I wasn't aware it was also in Tekken 5! We talked about this on AIM before, and you eventually linked me up to some poor video of a deer getting hit with this song playing :lol: .

I've noticed some other song similarties in video games before too, I'll have to try to figure them out.
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Only Megaman X5 had those GnR references. That was localization at its best.

Keranu

Dude, I just watched that short MJ Sonic 3 documentary, that was AWESOME! I personally always enjoyed Sonic 3's music because it had a early 90's pop sound, and I could catch the similarities with MJ in Sonic 3's music ever since I was a kid because of all those traditional MJ-like Heys! and Oows! Great stuff, thanks a lot for the link.
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Final Fantasy V (Super Famicom) video straight out of Japan.
Sooooooo broken!

Ninja Spirit

All you Ninja Gaiden fans are gonna flip at this. The entire Ninja Ryukenden anime series on Youtube!

youtu.be/TWx_SGGzbng

Just click this link and all the other episodes are there for viewing.

PCEngineHell

Its really just one eps chopped up on there. I have the entire thing,and it was not very good.The fight scene at the end with the monster mutant was boring and drawn out,and seeing Irene getting abused and getting her arms near broken by that crappy monster was nothing special. The best part was when Ryu and the monster took the huge fall.

All in all it was so so.

TurboXray

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 04/30/2006, 01:42 AMThe entire Ninja Ryukenden anime series on Youtube!
I didn't even know they had a Ninja Gaiden anime.

Recently uploaded Jack of Bullets - part 1.

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: "PCEngineHell"The fight scene at the end with the monster mutant was boring and drawn out

I actually agree, I was expecting a huge fight like first the mutant, then after he dies, he comes back in the form of a demon at least 20 stories high, very typical of a Ninja Gaiden final boss.

The whole anime however reminded me of Ninja Gaiden 3 really. If anyone's beaten the entire trilogy on the NES, one may recognize the setting of the first two is demonic fantasy, ancient castles, bats etc, and then in Ninja Gaiden 3 it starts off with the demonic setting, but then starting at the halfway point of the game, the setting gradually turns to sci-fi.

Because of that transition from human to mutant, Ned Friedman kinda reminded me of NG3's H.P. Clancy.

TurboXray

MTV cribs - Star Trek

"Star Trek Cribs - The Director's Cut"
IMG
related others

"Star Trek Poolside - G4tv.com"
IMG

cavein2000

Quote from: TR0N on 03/05/2006, 03:08 AMNext up the worst games 8 videogames SAromr0ng owns!?

BTW he does diss Keith Courage.

Title: "The 8 Worst Videogames SArmstr0ng owns!"
Description: I was bored one day, so I made this video for a forum I frequented. It outlines the 8 worst videogames that I have in my collection. Featuring "Punch-Out," "Ring King," and Robin Williams?
Note: This is a video response to BACK TO THE FUTURE by the Angry Nintendo Nerd"

Lost: wayback.youtu.be/7Q0lCkH6VBk
Shit, I'm so two weeks ago with this thread.  Anyway, Are you kidding?  Did anyone not see RAPJAM?  I must own this shit!!

Here's a little something for you all I dug up (hopefully at least 1 person hasn't seen it.)  WARNING: only mildly cool, but kinda funny.  Also, me as a child, but insert NES.
What a horrible night to have a curse...

Ninja Spirit

youtu .be/dQQ5kexBRws

Live action Genpei Toumaden! Old school 80's special FX at its finest!

_Paul

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"
Live action Genpei Toumaden! Old school 80's special FX at its finest!

Awesome!

Keranu

Oh man, I am totally going to have to watch all of that Genpei Toumaden video sometime, it looks awesome from the minute I have watched!
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: cavein2000Here's a little something for you all I dug up (hopefully at least 1 person hasn't seen it.)  WARNING: only mildly cool, but kinda funny.  Also, me as a child, but insert NES.
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: Nintendo fanboy in training.

Any ways i ran across this.

I swear the Japanese players and there crazy skills at.. RE games.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Ninja Spirit

Ninja Spirit

The opening to Keith C......I mean Wataru

TR0N

G4 Icons on the NES.
Ah nothing like a trip down memory lane.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Ninja SpiritAll you Ninja Gaiden fans are gonna flip at this. The entire Ninja Ryukenden anime series on Youtube!

youtu.be/TWx_SGGzbng

Just click this link and all the other episodes are there for viewing.
Just watch the whole thing.

I say it's average some "good fights" but a weak boss at the end.

Dunno but the, monster should have been.... super natural not manmade :P
IMG

TR0N

IMG

Ninja Spirit

Video of myself playing against one of my friends at Guilty Gear XX Slash. That was from last night in fact.

I'm the dark blue Sol Badguy.

TR0N

This one is old but it still makes me laugh Dr.Tran :lol:
IMG

Ninja Spirit

If you thought you knew everything about Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3....

TR0N

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"If you thought you knew everything about Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3....
Nice but where are the Darkstalkers!?

Realy that serise doesn't get the attention that it deserve's :P

Damn i see more SF videos then DS on youtube :evil:
IMG

Keranu

Ninja, I am watching that SFA3 video right now, this is some cool stuff I didn't know about in the game! It totally seems like I have avoided low attacks like that before but just haven't noticed it. I am totally going to use that to my advantage next time I play. :D
IMG

Ninja Spirit

SF3:3rd Strike at Tougeki.

youtu.be/I0lriMJSe7M

The video is boring at first, until this guy's Makoto shows up and rapes up a storm......
It is UGLY!!

Ninja Spirit

Several Famicom related videos.

Old man beats stage 1 of Super Mario Bros.
I don't know what this video is about, but this man in a lab coat is digging this other dude's Famicom collection.

akamichi

I've seen some of these videos before.  Pretty cool!
Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"Old man beats stage 1 of Super Mario Bros.
This one is pretty interesting.  That was the first time that guy has played Famicom.  Pretty good for being a first time player and 74(?) years old.

QuoteI don't know what this video is about, but this man in a lab coat is digging this other dude's Famicom collection.
The guy in the video supposedly has a complete collection of Famicom carts.  The video is basically talking about rare games, favorites, etc.  So yeah, the video is pretty much what you've already described. :)

TR0N

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"Several Famicom related videos.
I don't know what this video is about, but this man in a lab coat is digging this other dude's Famicom collection.
Nice i wounder how players in japan can even collect video games.

Given how liveing space there is so cramp  :shock:
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Ninja SpiritSeveral Famicom related videos.

Old man beats stage 1 of Super Mario Bros.
Btw speaking of old gamers
IMG

TR0N

IMG

Keranu

Did YouTube just get hacked or something?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's working again.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: "Keranu"Did YouTube just get hacked or something?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's working again.
:?    :?:  :?  :?:  :arrow:
IMG

esteban

Old folks: I loved the old Japanese granpa play SMB. The title for the segment was called "Famicon Virgin". Too bad there weren't a few more installments of this. At the very least, I'd like to see an old Japanese granma playing Balloon Fight :)

Granny Hardcore: Ha! I love that she's the one who got her family into video games. Her closing statement, "I don't want to sit in a rocking chair waiting to die... I want to have some fun" pretty much sums it up. I'm gonna try to find her blog now. Or maybe not.

Kubukoden: Did you folks see that he modified the original Famicom? It now supports 2 standard plug-in SFC controllers in the front. Plus, he added composite video (at the very least).

Did you folks figure out all the games they played?

The only games I recognized were Spy Hunter 2 (SunSoft) and Gradius (Konami).

What was the IREM game (beat-em-up on top of train), the oversized gray cart (a digital comic?), and the first game (I forget the spelling, it was "Kyorochan" or something)....

Kyorochan and the IREM game looked really interesting!

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: "stevek666"What was the IREM game (beat-em-up on top of train), the oversized gray cart (a digital comic?), and the first game (I forget the spelling, it was "Kyorochan" or something)....

That's Spartan X-2.

If they were to release it here in the states, it would've been the sequel to Kung Fu on the NES.

These Gamecenter episodes kick so much ass. Lab coat guy plays "Takeshi no Chousenjou". Singing karaoke to 8-bit music sounds exciting.
Romancing Sa-Ga 3 compilation