10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Suggestion: "Welcome/Tell us about Yourself" Section

Started by Tobibrocki, 01/14/2015, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobibrocki

Hi,

I'm pretty new here and I've known from other Forums over the years that it's good to have a "Welcome" section where new users can post about themselves, how they found the forum and how they learned of the PC-Engine etc.
Unfortunately, I don't know if I just haven't looked around enough but there doesn't seem to be a section for that purpose. I also don't know where such a thread would fit in the existing boards otherwise. And according to the boardrules slightly derailing a thread (even if it was started by the same person I assume) is not a good idea.

So, my suggestion would be a section for new users to, well, tell their story. :)

EDIT:
I just noticed everyone posts in the general "pcengine-fx.com" thread, a dedicated section probably would still be a good thing to have though.

esteban

Quote from: Tobibrocki on 01/14/2015, 08:37 AMHi,

I'm pretty new here and I've known from other Forums over the years that it's good to have a "Welcome" section where new users can post about themselves, how they found the forum and how they learned of the PC-Engine etc.
Unfortunately, I don't know if I just haven't looked around enough but there doesn't seem to be a section for that purpose. I also don't know where such a thread would fit in the existing boards otherwise. And according to the boardrules slightly derailing a thread (even if it was started by the same person I assume) is not a good idea.

So, my suggestion would be a section for new users to, well, tell their story. :)

EDIT:
I just noticed everyone posts in the general "pcengine-fx.com" thread, a dedicated section probably would still be a good thing to have though.
Welcome. Tell us about yourself.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

esteban

Bernie

Hi, my name is Bernie.  I like to fart.  That is all.

roflmao

Hi, my name is roflmao.  I like to lmao.  And rof. That is all.

Sarumaru

I'm saru, I'm new-ish and I'm only mildly annoying. :3

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Sarumaru on 01/17/2015, 12:51 AMI'm saru, I'm new-ish and I'm nothing in comparison to how fucking stupid HailingTheThings came off when off he came when caming was what he done did upon arrival because my heart is in Ohio. (Cut my wrist and black me eyes!)* :3

*Hawthorne Heights-lol
IMG

Sarumaru

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 01/17/2015, 05:17 AM
Quote from: Sarumaru on 01/17/2015, 12:51 AMI'm saru, I'm new-ish and I'm nothing in comparison to how fucking stupid HailingTheThings came off when off he came when caming was what he done did upon arrival because my heart is in Ohio. (Cut my wrist and black me eyes!)* :3

*Hawthorne Heights-lol
Caming so hard right now

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Sarumaru on 01/18/2015, 08:01 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 01/17/2015, 05:17 AM

*Hawthorne Heights-lol
Caming so hard right now
Mission accameplished.
IMG

mjmjr25

Looks like this might be a spot to make a first post.

New to this forum.  I already have seen a lot of names I know...those folks can tell you i'm big into Mathletics and 1930's pottery restoration (1937 southern US to be exact).

esteban

Quote from: mjmjr25 on 02/04/2015, 07:54 PMLooks like this might be a spot to make a first post.

New to this forum.  I already have seen a lot of names I know...those folks can tell you i'm big into Mathletics and 1930's pottery restoration (1937 southern US to be exact).
Welcome, comrade.

I, too, am a fan of Mathletics. I also enjoyed watching Matlock (1987, second season), even though it was a silly show.

Also, don't forget...

IMG

synbiosfan

Quote from: mjmjr25 on 02/04/2015, 07:54 PMLooks like this might be a spot to make a first post.

Damn, here too:P

Some of you know there's the future 2015 Newb of the Year that I've quoted!

Welcome 8)

Medic_wheat

Medic_wheat here

I live in Texas

I use to be in the Army

Take one guess what I use to do.

Also I am really good at misspelling stuff.

wildfruit

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/04/2015, 09:46 PMMedic_wheat here

I live in Texas

I use to be in the Army

Also I am really good at misspelling stuff.
make battle plans on a ressha de ikou 3??

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard!

Pottery repair and mathletics..... those are some new ones 'round here.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

mjmjr25

I live in Texas

I use to be in the Army

Studied the effects of gluten on the dark enemy.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: mjmjr25 on 02/07/2015, 01:58 AM

I live in Texas

I use to be in the Army

IMG
IMG

Sarumaru

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 02/07/2015, 02:24 AM

I live in Texas

I use to be in the Army

IMG
That 'N' is crooked.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Sarumaru on 02/09/2015, 07:23 PM

I live in Texas

I use to be in the Army

IMG
That 'N' is crooked.
Woah, man, that statement was a little racist. Geez louise o'pete and stuff. Seriously, though, can't expect everything I do to be straight, I mean many would argue that the majority of what I do is umm.. ya know, not straight?

#HailingIsNothingButABisexualCatManProbablySoSaysNulltardMaybeWellIDK
IMG

Sarumaru

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 02/10/2015, 02:40 AM
Quote from: Sarumaru on 02/09/2015, 07:23 PM

I live in Texas

I use to be in the Army

IMG
That 'N' is crooked.
Woah, man, that statement was a little racist. Geez louise o'pete and stuff. Seriously, though, can't expect everything I do to be straight, I mean many would argue that the majority of what I do is umm.. ya know, not straight?

#HailingIsNothingButABisexualCatManProbablySoSaysNulltardMaybeWellIDK
YES!!!!E#%!)(@*^$E(&@*^

Sarumaru

HailingTheThings

IMG

Sarumaru

NightWolve

Never know what you'll find in an introduction thread. :)

HailingTheThings

IMG

CAPSLOCK

Hey guys, new here. just started playing turbo. looking forward to reading/chatting with everyone about games I've never played or heard of.

esteban

Quote from: CAPSLOCK on 02/20/2015, 07:58 PMHey guys, new here. just started playing turbo. looking forward to reading/chatting with everyone about games I've never played or heard of.
Welcome, comrade. :)

NecroPhile

pissengine

Well I might as well make an "intro" post. i never do these but I guess this forum has problems with certain users sometimes so I hear... mainly signed up to buy PC engine stuff for a fair price as anyone who knows who deals with anything "vintage" (old junk) todays market is currently FUCKED (eBay) and everyone thinks they have rusty gold.. Was never too savvy on this platform until i started playing rondo of blood and checking out other things.. I'll mostly just be lurking

pissengine

Quote from: guest on 08/19/2015, 07:41 PMWelcome! Perfect intro, honest and concise.  I foresee 0 issues in your future! :D

So how do you like Rondo?
waiting until I get actual hardware to finish it on... easily the best castlevania though.

esteban

I am glad you were honest.

I foresee __several__ problems in your future, lurker.

:)

NecroPhile

Please sell me your rarez for cheap so I can flip later for ferengi profits?

108 Stars

Well then, it's my turn.

Hi everybody, name's Daniel, aka 108 Stars on the interwebz. Was a regular at Sega-16 years ago, now I post more on Atari Age. Finally got myself a PC Engine Duo, so a longtime wish has come true. I look forward to experience a "new" system from back in the day. I am actually not that big of a shmup fan, still the PCE seems to offer a lot of good stuff in other genres.

Being from Germany the whole PCE is a bit of a myth to me; since it was never officially released in Europe, all I knew was magazines writing of this spectacular 8-/16-bit console from Japan in import sections. Sure I have played it since when visiting collector friends, but I never really got deep into it because it seemed too expensive/too much effort, having to import, modify and learn about that clusterfuck of peripherals & system cards. But finally, here I am.

Beside gaming I like to do pixel art. I did graphics for Pier Solar on Mega Drive, and a couple of Lynx games (Luchsenstein 3D, Alien and Lynxopoly all released, with more WIP). Who knows, maybe I will get the chance to do something on the Engine someday too. :)

Looking forward to learn more about the system.

NecroPhile

SumerNivek

My turn!  I actually followed 108 Stars over here from AtariAge's TG16 thread.  Someone on the thread suggested people come here to learn more about PCE/Turbo, as this site does for the TG16/PCE community what AtariAge does for the Atari community!

Anyway, a little about my NEC experiences (copy and pasted from my post on the TG16 topic over at AtariAge):

I first played a TG16 back in the early 90's at my buddy's place...his dad was a heart surgeon, and his parents were divorced, so his dad spoiled him with anything he wanted.  He had a Neo Geo AES almost immediately after its initial release in North America.  Anyway, I went over to his house to play all these video game systems he had...we constantly played Neo Geo and Sega CD, but I knew he had a TG16.  I kept bugging him about playing it, since I had never played one.  He was already bored of it and did not want to show me...after about 6 months of begging, he finally relented and we played Bonk's Adventure for 10 minutes.  I was hooked, but I didn't get my own TG16 and Turbo CD until 2005.  After about a year of having it set up, I moved to multiple locations throughout the years and had it in storage until about a month ago.  I hooked it up to one of our TVs with the RF adaptor and it looks great!

Currently, my Turbo CD appears to be non functional, and I am hoping to glean info here on how to fix it.  Besides that, I look forward to joining the vibrant TG16 community that I have obviously found here!  Looking forward to chatting with you guys!   =;

esteban

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard, S.N.  That's pretty cool that you had a buddy with a Neo back in the day.

jugu

Hi guys! I'm jugu. I'm on a few boards, shmups, neo-geo, sega16. I never owned a Turbo Grafx, a friend of mine did. I was a Genesis guy, but I still remember the vivid colors of Legendary Axe. I'm just starting in getting a PC-Engine setup. I have 3 kids now that I hope I can pry away from Minecraft long enough to discover Bonk. I also like tinkering and I'm not afraid to recap a Duo myself.

MNKyDeth

Quote from: pissengine on 08/19/2015, 07:13 PMWell I might as well make an "intro" post. i never do these but I guess this forum has problems with certain users sometimes so I hear... mainly signed up to buy PC engine stuff for a fair price as anyone who knows who deals with anything "vintage" (old junk) todays market is currently FUCKED (eBay) and everyone thinks they have rusty gold.. Was never too savvy on this platform until i started playing rondo of blood and checking out other things.. I'll mostly just be lurking
Good lord!! I have rusty gold and not real gold? Is that more gold than I had before...?

Anyways, welcome to the forum. :)

esteban

Hi.

My name is esteban.

I am bi-curious.

TG-16. PCE.

johnnykonami

Quote from: esteban on 12/19/2015, 06:53 PMHi.

My name is esteban.

I am bi-curious.

TG-16. PCE.
Welcome aboard, noobsauce! :dance: