Turbob Xpress: Bringing affordable "gamer's" games to the community! Nearly Gone

Started by BlueBMW, 10/29/2015, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

780racer

Quote from: cdpog on 03/18/2016, 11:18 PMIt seems Im a bit late to this party. If Bernie is out, then who can we contact about the discs that are still available? Is it all over? wont someone think of the children?
He was out already anyways.

shabba

-Colin
Old enough to be your dad. Just ask your mom.

Mathius

I would recommend leaving Bernie alone for the time being. If we decide to join up with the producer of the bootlegs again we will announce it here. As for now there are no plans to do so. Thanks for everyone's support. :)

ParanoiaDragon

Hmm, I hope he's doing alright.  I get the feeling maybe people were bugging him about this project, & got tired of it?  That's all I can think of.
IMG

martinine

From someone who has been here about a year, Bernie went out of his way to make me feel welcome. Seemed to always have something good to say in threads. Hopefully he will return. I'd rather have a good community member than more pressed discs! Come back Bern!
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

tbone3969

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 03/19/2016, 02:16 AMHmm, I hope he's doing alright.  I get the feeling maybe people were bugging him about this project, & got tired of it?  That's all I can think of.
Does anyone know why Bernie left?  I hope it wasn't because people were bugging him for these discs.  If so that would suck.  He gave so much to this community.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

retro junkie

It seems very serious, to me, to go through the trouble of closing his account. A cause of concern. Though it could be something personal.

synbiosfan

Quote from: guest on 03/20/2016, 06:22 PMThis is about me, isn't it?

Sir bernsalot won't reply to me on the facebooks... And while I cannot recall for sure if we were FB friends at one time, I can say with certainty that we are not at this time.

:(
You did forget to have RJ mention Bernie in the PSA you MF'er!!!

geise

I just hope Bernie is doing alright even if he's gone off the forums.

Mathius

Quote from: geise on 03/20/2016, 07:22 PMI just hope Bernie is doing alright even if he's gone off the forums.
He is well. :)

what is going on here? :(

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 03/20/2016, 10:21 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 03/20/2016, 07:33 PM
Quote from: geise on 03/20/2016, 07:22 PMI just hope Bernie is doing alright even if he's gone off the forums.
He is well. :)

what is going on here? :(
All signs point to me talking out of my ass again.

Brought to you by Classic Gaming Quarterly.
As Esteban and Sparky would suggest we all need to come together for a group hug.

Look forward to seeing you at MGC, buddy.

tbone3969

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

tbone3969

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

Medic_wheat

jtucci31

martinine

Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

Gredler

ToyMachine78

Medic_wheat

So I am a bit confused as his thread is 50 pages and the OP said not to contact him directly.

Are there still loose pressed games available for $5?  And is there someone else who can assist while Bernie is on Halliday?

Mathius

I can ask Bernie if anyone is interested. I'm not sure what stock is left though.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Mathius on 06/04/2016, 09:40 PMI can ask Bernie if anyone is interested. I'm not sure what stock is left though.
That would be cool with me.

Mathius

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/04/2016, 10:08 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 06/04/2016, 09:40 PMI can ask Bernie if anyone is interested. I'm not sure what stock is left though.
What specifically were you looking for?

EmperorIng

If you check out my sales thread in the PCE subforum, I have two of the discs for sale right now for the price Bernie et al. were offering them.

esteban

Quote from: EmperorIng on 06/05/2016, 01:38 AMIf you check out my sales thread in the PCE subforum, I have two of the discs for sale right now for the price Bernie et al. were offering them.
PM sent

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Mathius on 06/04/2016, 10:59 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/04/2016, 10:08 PM
What specifically were you looking for?
The rondo of blood (sure I have a Ko copy but I think this had the English patch)
Dynastic Heros
Dungeon explorer (honestly haven't a clue what it's about but always seemed interesting)

Gredler

jtucci31

Quote from: Gredler on 06/05/2016, 04:32 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/04/2016, 03:25 PMYou suck tooch. NOFX rocked.
Fixed
heh :lol:

Sorry toymachine. I liked NOFX quite a few years ago but now I have seen the error in my ways. Much better punk out there

seieienbu

NOFX was pretty consistently alright forever.  I'm going to listen to The Decline now.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 06/05/2016, 11:28 PM
Quote from: Gredler on 06/05/2016, 04:32 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/04/2016, 03:25 PMYou suck tooch. NOFX rocked.
Fixed
heh

Sorry toymachine. I liked NOFX quite a few years ago but now I have seen the error in my ways. Much better punk out there
Better punk is out there for sure. You just have to accept nofx for what they are and enjoy the humor. Same goes with Guttermouth.

Gentlegamer

IMG

BlueBMW

I think they're all gone for now.  Not sure what the future of this will be but once something happens we will let you guys know.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Medic_wheat

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/10/2016, 10:42 PMI think they're all gone for now.  Not sure what the future of this will be but once something happens we will let you guys know.
Oh well thank you for even starting it to begin with.

dave_van_damn

I'd love a copy of Dracula X if there's any still available??  :-({|=

neopolss

Any chance we might see more games in the future?  Id love to get a saphire, since i missed out whenever the last run was done.

esteban

Quote from: neopolss on 07/07/2016, 12:50 AMAny chance we might see more games in the future?  Id love to get a saphire, since i missed out whenever the last run was done.
Your name has been added to the list.

Thank you.

JoshTurboTrollX

I dug up two loose discs of Godzilla SCD if anyone is interested.

PM me bro,
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

wildfruit

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/05/2016, 10:42 AMDungeon explorer (honestly haven't a clue what it's about but always seemed interesting)
Whaaat. It's great. You'll have fun. The soundtrack is one of the best. Despite seeming completely at odds with the setting it actually goes very well.

esteban

Quote from: wildfruit on 07/07/2016, 10:00 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/05/2016, 10:42 AMDungeon explorer (honestly haven't a clue what it's about but always seemed interesting)
Whaaat. It's great. You'll have fun. The soundtrack is one of the best. Despite seeming completely at odds with the setting it actually goes very well.
YOU SO CRAZY!

Soundtrack evokes perfect atmosphere for medieval romp.

:)

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 07/07/2016, 05:05 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 07/07/2016, 10:00 AM
YOU SO CRAZY!

Soundtrack evokes perfect atmosphere for medieval romp.

:)
Dungeon Explorer chiptune-age>Dungeon Explorer II Redbook

...but they both rock

wyndcrosser

Any word on him releasing to you guys the xak3 and SO2 games? Just curious.

Mathius

LETMEINPLEASE

From what I gather these are all gone? (sorry rough to read 64 pages)

If not, I would be down for Dungeon Explorer 2 and Bonk 3 :)

Mathius

Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 08/28/2016, 10:50 PMFrom what I gather these are all gone? (sorry rough to read 64 pages)

Yes. All have been distributed.

LETMEINPLEASE

Quote from: Mathius on 08/28/2016, 10:51 PM
Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 08/28/2016, 10:50 PMFrom what I gather these are all gone? (sorry rough to read 64 pages)

Yes. All have been distributed.
Ahh, poop. So this is dead then (no more being done again ever?)

EmperorIng

Don't get me wrong; these discs are great and a really unique/cool gift to PCEFX, but once I finally burned my first normal blank CDr, and found the game to work perfectly on my Duo-R, a lot of my trepidation about using blank CDs evaporated.

Otaking

CDRs work but apparently over time wear out your laser quicker than normal pressed CDs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

crazydean

Quote from: Otaking on 08/29/2016, 05:14 AMCDRs work but apparently over time wear out your laser quicker than normal pressed CDs.
People have been saying this for years. Is there actual evidence that this is true?