@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

CD loading forever, never finishes

Started by Elrinth, 01/16/2016, 07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elrinth

Hi!

So I think my cddrive is broken or something. It just keeps spinning forever... Never finishing loading the game... Any tips? I've tried using a cleaner cd without success.

SamIAm

Hello.

What you're seeing is a very common problem. Fortunately, there is also a very easy fix.

IMG

Open up your system, find the row of three white potentiometers, and turn the middle one 1/8 of a full rotation counterclockwise. Check and see if it works. If it doesn't, give it another 1/8 turn (you want to do this as few times as possible). If it doesn't work after it's been turned 4/8 of a full rotation, it's probably not going to work, and you'll need a new laser.

Good luck!

Elrinth

Oooh! This excites me! Thank you for the tip! I'll give it a whirl!

GohanX

Make sure you mark the position with a marker or something before you start fiddling with it so you can reset it if need be.

incrediblehark

I haven't owned may pc-fx systems, but the cd drives do seem finicky and prone to read issues. would be nice if we could source a more reliable replacement.

thesteve

actually a weak laser in these is finicky, but a good laser reads almost any setting from my experience

Elrinth

I hadn't really have time or take time until now. But I can confirm this worked like a clock! :D Only 1 1/8 counter clockwise...
One thing to note is that the potentiometers' text appeared upside down for me compared to your picture. I just looked at the text so it was read correctly and turned the potentiometer from that.

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ruinatokyo

Cool info, thanks SamIAm.

I just tried replacing the laser pickup in mine but it made reading worse, no idea. Will try pot adjustment with the old laser and keep the new one around just in case.

esteban

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 09/09/2016, 02:58 PMforever is a long time.
Is that TMBG or Pixies reference?

TMBG... In the nighttime of the the sullen moon...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG