OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 Reproduction HuCards/Cases for Sale!

Started by turbokon, 04/15/2016, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldMan

Quote...move forward with our next board design!
And we are on rev 3 of the board.

thesteve

lets send TheOldMan some boards, let him see what we are doing

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: thesteve on 06/16/2016, 03:41 AMlets send TheOldMan some boards, let him see what we are doing
OP should totally send Aetherbyte a free production sample with Santatlantean burned on it and ask them if they want to partner up! :dance:
~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

turbokon

Any body who wants Chris Covell projects on our repro hucards can do so now as we worked something out.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

www.tg16pcemods.com

Medic_wheat

Quote from: turbokon on 06/17/2016, 08:52 AMA few dual cards I'm working on.
IMG
These seem really cool.

I can foresee someone buying some of these and maybe requesting different hucard art or maybe having something special written onit as a gift for a friend or maybe as a contest prize to promote their small business

Like say "Big Bib's Burgers" lol. Or something silly like that.

NightWolve

Neutopia I & II together for the first time, nice idea. :)

Who would've thought HuCards would ever be reprinted again [but ZOMG, without a license or waiting 75/90 years for IP expiration, those bastards]!! ;)

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/17/2016, 07:38 PMNeutopia I & II together for the first time, nice idea. :)

Who would've thought HuCards would ever be reprinted again [but ZOMG, without a license or waiting 75/90 years for IP expiration, those bastards]!! ;)
Yes, I am one of the Neutopia I+II customers. What is the second game on the Magical Chase card? I'm having trouble reading the title. EDIT: Nevermind, Coryoon. :P

wilykat

Any chance of homebrewn game reproduction? I'd guess asking for permission and getting the ROM. Maybe alter then ROM to show on screen "REPRODUCTION" to really discourage sneaky greedy eBay flipper?

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: wilykat on 06/18/2016, 05:39 AMAny chance of homebrewn game reproduction? Like Atlantean?  I'd guess asking for permission and getting the ROM. Maybe alter then ROM to show on screen "REPRODUCTION" to really discourage sneaky greedy eBay flipper?
I wish you guys could partner up. A slick blue color Atlantean with the new cards would be amazing. They are so much nicer than the 3D printed ones...

goldenpp72

I got mine in a few days ago, I'm gonna give it a test run tomorrow but it all looked really nice.

cr8zykuban0

StarDust4Ever

I haven't gotten my repro Hucards yet, but anyone tried theirs in the Hucard slot of a Retro Freak console? I have another homebrew Hucard and it does not work. And obviously Everdrive is out of the question. Maybe these might read correctly being exact copies of existing games? :P

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: StarDust4Ever on 06/18/2016, 09:43 AMI wish you guys could partner up. A slick blue color Atlantean with the new cards would be amazing. They are so much nicer than the 3D printed ones...
Quote from: StarDust4Ever on 06/19/2016, 03:44 AMI haven't gotten my repro Hucards yet, but anyone tried theirs in the Hucard slot of a Retro Freak console? The Atlantean homebrew is the only reproduction game I currently have and it does not work. And obviously Everdrive is out of the question. Maybe these might read correctly being exact copies of existing games? :P
You don't have the repro cards yet, but can confirm that they are nicer than the 3D printed ones?  I don't understand this.

Anyway, we have zero plans to have Atlantean put onto the repro cards.

As for your card not working, try it in a real system if you have this option. 

Sometimes, the slots and cards can be finnicky.

Occasionally, you need to insert more to the left, or to the right.   

If not, send it back so we can see if it's broken.

I don't know if the retrofreak expects PCE, and you maybe ordered a TurboGrafx16 region, or what.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/19/2016, 04:26 AMYou don't have the repro cards yet, but can confirm that they are nicer than the 3D printed ones?  I don't understand this.

Anyway, we have zero plans to have Atlantean put onto the repro cards.

As for your card not working, try it in a real system if you have this option. 

Sometimes, the slots and cards can be finnicky.

Occasionally, you need to insert more to the left, or to the right.   

If not, send it back so we can see if it's broken.

I don't know if the retrofreak expects PCE, and you maybe ordered a TurboGrafx16 region, or what.
No disrespect intended. I have a real US region Turbografx and a region adapter to play Japan region cards. My Atlantean is US region and works great in my Turbografx slot, however there's a slight warp in the 3D printed plastic so insertion requires me to wiggle it a bit. The Retro Freak doesn't read the Abcard (though it plays the ROM you provided with no issues), but there's a ton of homebrews and repros for other systems that don't work either. None of my NES homebrews for instance. I merely asked the question if anybody had gotten the new repro cards to work with the Retro Freak.

Regarding the quality of the Abcard, the 3D printed cards work nice as intended and and so does the case, however they lack the texture and feel of the original Hucards. The new repro cards seem to better emulate the feel of the original Hucards whereas the Atlantean homebrew kind of has a strange texture due to the 3D filament the card is fabricated from. It seems Aetherbyte is struggling to keep up with the demand for Atlantean; this may of may not be related to production of the 3D printed cards and cases.

I was merely hinting that since a product exists with superior quality of construction, it may be worth it to outsource production of Atlanean or future Hucards. By no means am I suggesting that someone should order repro copies of your homebrews. That would be a douchey thing to do on part of both the buyer and seller. I'm merely hinting that a partnership to license production of quality glossy hucards for Aetherbyte homebrews would benefit both parties as well as the consumer by getting a sturdier product.

Again I'm not dissing the 3D printing technique. It's a wonderful invention with broad appeal, and I look forward to your next Hucard release. Since there's no partnership in the works, I respect your wished and won't bring up your products again in this thread.

Take care,
stardust

Arkhan Asylum

We're not struggling to keep up with Atlantean...   I hand delivered a box of them to a store in Japan, and well, we're making more now.   

There isn't really a smashing demand for the game, anyways.  We sold a shitload of them.  It's just the occasional person who missed the boat somehow.   and the Japanese people who have a valid excuse for missing out, which is why I made sure to deliver some.

Also, since you have not received your Repro cards, you really can't comment on the "superior" quality.

The repro cards lack plastic.  There is no plastic. It's all circuit boards.  It's an Atlantean without plastic. 

Really, if you think that is a superior design, we could start rifling out Atlantean's that are just two circuit boards sandwiched together to cover the ROM, lol.    The majority of the effort in Atlantean's construction comes from the case.   They take forever to print.

NOTE:  I am not saying the repro cards are shit.  I am just pointing out that they aren't plastic.  They're shiny white or black circuit boards.  They don't feel like a real card either.  They feel like a circuit board sandwich, because that's literally what they are.   

The reason our cards aren't silky smooth is because sitting there smoothing out plastic with acetone is a fairly large waste of time.    I still personally prefer plastic, as that feels more HuCardy than a circuitboard sandwich.  and nitpicking about texture is just goony.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

StarDust4Ever

I actually like the texture somewhat because it is different to what already exists. It stands out in a collection as a homemade item. The blue color especially. Right next to my green Everdrive PCB with matching green Shapeways shell! :D I posted a photo of them together with SFII and my PC Henshin in the "fat hucards" thread.

And I agree, the Acetone stuff is nasty. I once melted a whole box of styrofoam packing peanuts in a few ounces of the stuff out of boredom, but those are about 98% air.

As for the repro cards, you are right, I have not held one in my hand, but judging by the photos, they appear smooth and glossy like the real cards if not made of plastic. They are purposefully not identical to the read thing to avoid confusion. I'm sure scammers would love to sell Magical Chase repros all day long with a 3000% markup if they could get away with it. One asshat already tried to sell his on eBay for $1500... :evil:

Sorry I did not mean to start a turf war between you and turbokon or myself or anyone else.

Arkhan Asylum

you're not really starting a war, lol.  You're just sort of talking out of your ass, and I'm pointing it out.

The repros exist to make affordable versions of games for people who don't want to pay 300$ for a HuCard.
The AbCards exist to try and make a new game as close to a real plastic card as possible.

Different goals in mind.   Totally not going to war with turbokon, lol.   He's a friend. 

thesteve

these are as stated a PCB sandwich
they are glossy smooth and cold to the touch (feel like glass)
they are also very rigid

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

StarDust4Ever

turbokon

Quote from: StarDust4Ever on 06/23/2016, 02:24 AMMy order came in today. Thank you; they're gorgeous! =P~
IMG
Awesome! Not a problem at all.

www.tg16pcemods.com

albatross

thank you for my awesome copy of MC - its great to play on a card and its nice to actually have a card in the once empty case!

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

turbokon

Here is an update to the hucard repros and also it running on a retrofreak.

www.tg16pcemods.com

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: turbokon on 07/30/2016, 04:48 PMHere is an update to the hucard repros and also it running on a retrofreak.
American region repros have the region check disabled so they will run on unmodded PC Engine. As a result of this one byte difference, the RFreak CRC check fails but the games should run just fine.

turbokon

You could be right.  I will be doing some more test.

www.tg16pcemods.com

StarDust4Ever

I meant to test my Hucard repros on my Rfreak a while back but apparently misplaced the system. I think it may be under my bed somewhere. I currently sleep in my game room (or game in my bedroom) so my collection is cramped for space. Truthfully it's kind of a sty, but once I finally get my own place, it won't be that way.

fraggore

I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

shugs81

Do you do the cases on their own? If so how much ( currently in a bad signal area with no WiFi... Could inky read half the posts so sorry if you've already said!!)

Do you do cases for other consoles? And might you be able to turn the repro cards into a region converter? Just for those who don't want to mod their console...

turbokon

Quote from: shugs81 on 08/05/2016, 04:02 AMDo you do the cases on their own? If so how much ( currently in a bad signal area with no WiFi... Could inky read half the posts so sorry if you've already said!!)

Do you do cases for other consoles? And might you be able to turn the repro cards into a region converter? Just for those who don't want to mod their console...
Sorry the cases aren't available separately and I don't offer for any other systems.  DB electronic already offer a region convertor card.

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

OK guys, I'm currently taking orders for HuZero and Tonguemans Logic as a dual hucard.  These are homebrews created by Chris Covell.  HuZero is a tribute to the snes mode 7 racer F-Zero and Tongueman's Logic is a puzzle game.  A portion of each sales proceed will go to the developer himself.  These are available in white or black and either for the pce or tg16.  Special pricing of $45 plus shipping.

IMG
IMG
IMG

www.tg16pcemods.com

NightWolve

Oh no way, Chris got into the repro bizz by proxy. ;) Looks nice and makes sense to make a dual game model as it's short by itself.

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: turbokon on 08/06/2016, 05:06 PMOk guys, I'm currently taking orders for HuZero and Tonguemans Logic as a dual hucard.
PM sent. Did not see these on the website.

Quote from: turbokon on 08/06/2016, 05:05 PMSorry the cases aren't available separately and I don't offer for any other systems.  DB electronic already offer a region convertor card.
I get the impression the db converters are in short supply or no longer produced as they seem to be sold out everywhere. Mine have four little pegs to prevent overinsertion that eventually broke off. No biggie, but I sometimes need to pull the cart out a mm or two to get good connection. also due to the lack of beveled edges on the new homebrew/repro cards, the pins don't lift properly, so I don't recommend force inserting the new repro cards into the db converter. Do so at your own risk, but shouldn't be an issue if you ordered the game to match your hardware.

Sapicco

Quote from: turbokon on 08/06/2016, 05:06 PMOk guys, I'm currently taking orders for HuZero and Tonguemans Logic as a dual hucard.  These are homebrews created by Chris Covell.  HuZero is a tribute to the snes mode 7 racer F-Zero and Tongueman's Logic is a puzzle game.  A portion of each sales proceed will go to the developer himself.  These are available in white or black and either for the pce or tg16.  Special pricing of $45 plus shipping.

IMG
IMG
IMG
Finally placed an order for four carts, including this dual!!  Can't wait!

StarDust4Ever

Just a shoutout, my homebrew dualcard came in yesterday. It's nice; can't wait to play...

esteban

Quote from: StarDust4Ever on 08/16/2016, 09:29 PMJust a shoutout, my homebrew dualcard came in yesterday. It's nice; can't wait to play...
DualCARD.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: esteban on 08/17/2016, 12:36 AM
Quote from: StarDust4Ever on 08/16/2016, 09:29 PMJust a shoutout, my homebrew dualcard came in yesterday. It's nice; can't wait to play...
DualCARD.

:)
Dualcard = 2-in-1 =D

spawnshop

Just ran across these on your site.  Man they look sweet.   Gonna have to put an order in soon.  What is the turnaround time on making them to order?

turbokon

Quote from: spawnshop on 09/07/2016, 11:48 PMJust ran across these on your site.  Man they look sweet.   Gonna have to put an order in soon.  What is the turnaround time on making them to order?
Turb around time is about 5 days.

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

Just so you guys know, once the current stock of the mini cases these repro comes with runs out, we won't be able to get any more.

www.tg16pcemods.com

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: turbokon on 09/14/2016, 03:25 PMJust so you guys know, once the current stock of the mini cases these repro comes with, we won't be able to get any more.
:cry:

Marto_Jo-ing

Quote from: turbokon on 09/14/2016, 03:25 PMJust so you guys know, once the current stock of the mini cases these repro comes with runs out, we won't be able to get any more.
That's a bummer. These cases are awesome. Well I guess its time to get 1941 for the Supergrafx.
PM SENT...

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: Marto_Jo-ing on 09/15/2016, 11:36 AM
Quote from: turbokon on 09/14/2016, 03:25 PMJust so you guys know, once the current stock of the mini cases these repro comes with runs out, we won't be able to get any more.
That's a bummer. These cases are awesome. Well I guess its time to get 1941 for the Supergrafx.
PM SENT...
Excellent game. I toyed with the idea of ordering a 1941/Ghouls n Ghosts 2-in-1, but as I can only play it on retrofreak, I could just run the original ROMs instead.

Marto_Jo-ing

Yep good game. I just ordered 1941 and Aldynes 2-n-1 repro card. Someone walked off with my original Aldynes and a couple Nintendo carts at a recent get together at my place. No more friends of friends in my game room. TRUST NO ONE!

TR0N

Uhh oh it has caught pat attention  :P He flip flops when it comes to reproductions.
By the way buy with confidence from turbokon.I've bought two reproductions from him so far and play great on my duo-r and even the retro freak i got recently.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NightWolve

Team Turbokon, TheSteve & Jodi going big-time, won't be able to keep up with the order spike that'll follow now!!!

It's kinda funny reading the heat that Pat is taking, some deucebag in the comments section even went the anti-Semitic route (pointing to Jew stereotypes?) with regards to him... No idea where that's coming from, but that's Youtube commentators for ya! There's a Jew conspiracy to be found SOMEWHERE in practically anything when enough tin-foil hat nutjobs can gather in the same room!

On this debate, I do actually agree with Pat when it comes to a Turbo Everdrive, and loading it up with every ROM, that it is a hard sell for me to wanna buy individual bootlegs/repros in the face of the ultimate one-size-fits-all solution for playing games on real hardware!

BUT, I can understand/comprehend why others would want these! They're a re-imagining of the HuCard design, they're heavier, thicker, with different artwork and case, they're built by fans, the workmanship is kind of beautiful such as what I see with the black Magical Chase HuCard that was gifted to me by turbo/Jodi, etc.

There is a novelty in these, somewhere, and why you can find a customer for them even in knowing about the Turbo Everdrive. The knowledge to rebuild/reprint HuCards can also allow homebrew games, such as how Chris Covell's HuZero went into physical production with his permission/inclusion.

Anyway, while I wouldn't find it practical to keep filling up my shelves with fakes, I can understand and respect why others would want to, so no big deal to me, etc. Have at it if you wish. Hell, same reason I like looking at a few of the CD repros, I can easily make a CD-R instead, but seeing it produced with printed fan artwork is nice, so it would be kind of hypocritical of me to knock those that would want lots of the fake HuCards. Difference though, I wouldn't have paid for them, if I have 'em via donation, great, if not, off to the Everdrive or CD-R.

EDIT: I will say, that Dracula X "Survivor Edition" IS tempting to have paid something for (but it was Tobiass, so)... I can't blanket say I never would buy one, if it's well-produced, but vast majority of times, yeah, I'd be too cheap to ever do so, and my shelves are already filled with stuff that sits there, backlogged to all hell and never played, so... :/

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/21/2016, 12:22 PMTeam Turbokon, TheSteve & Jodi going big-time, won't be able to keep up with the order spike that'll follow now!!!
THIS!!! :dance: