@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Another new guy

Started by Thanatos, 04/17/2016, 12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thanatos

Greetings!
I was encouraged by JeffHLewis to join here, I've talked to him at the Midwest Gaming Classic for the past 4 years or so.
My NEC fandom starts from back in the late 80's, I got to try a demo of the TG16 at Six Flags in Chicago, and I still have the VHS tape they mailed me from when I filled out my info at the kiosk.  Got a TG16 in trade back then, a 'rich' friend wanted one of my NES games for it!

I've bought and sold several systems over the years, (still sad that I sold my TG16 with a Turbobooster - this was poor college student days in the 90's), but currently I have a SuperGrafx with all 5 official releases.

Anyway, this looks like a fun forum!

NightWolve

Welcome Thanatos. I notice the Greek alias: Thanatos = Death. Very, uh, cheerful a choice there... ;)

Thanatos

I'm really impressed that got caught almost instantly! 
I've been using this handle for 25+ years, ever since I read the "On A Pale Horse" by Piers Antony.  Cool book, it's about a guy that becomes Death as a job...  Somewhat surprised it was even available here.

NightWolve

Quote from: Thanatos on 04/17/2016, 12:59 AMI'm really impressed that got caught almost instantly!
Well, I'm Greek and fairly bilingual, so it came naturally. ;) Dunno about the book, but beyond Greek mythology, it's also been widely used for a Marvel comic book character as well. Then you technically have the Final Destination series which is Death as an intelligent force that devises nasty schemes when your time is up and should you dodge your scheduled death, it comes after you with even more of a vengeance. I did a binge watch a few weeks ago on the whole series, so am caught up. Heh.

esteban

Quote from: Thanatos on 04/17/2016, 12:59 AMI'm really impressed that got caught almost instantly! 
I've been using this handle for 25+ years, ever since I read the "On A Pale Horse" by Piers Antony.  Cool book, it's about a guy that becomes Death as a job...  Somewhat surprised it was even available here.
Welcome, comrade :)

I'm pretty sure Freud, or one of the early theorists in psychology, had a theory about Eros, Thanatos, etc.

That's where I picked up the reference.

Of course, he loved digging into Greek mythology :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Warbucks

majors

Quote from: Thanatos on 04/17/2016, 12:45 AMI was encouraged by JeffHLewis to join here...
You're in good company then, albeit Jeff is the self proclaimed "Sega apologist". Did you hang out in the TurboFest room at his years MGC?
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Sarumaru

Jeff Lewis is a cool cat. He's pointed you in the right direction :)   Welcome!

Kyau

That's actually where I was introduced to the name as well.

I haven't read those books (or any of Piers Anthony's, really) since you started using that name. :)

Thanatos

Quote from: majors on 04/18/2016, 08:02 AM
Quote from: Thanatos on 04/17/2016, 12:45 AMI was encouraged by JeffHLewis to join here...
You're in good company then, albeit Jeff is the self proclaimed "Sega apologist". Did you hang out in the TurboFest room at his years MGC?
I stopped in the Turbofest room for a little while.  I was talking to one of the guys about the VHS ad tapes they had out, as I have one of the same ones from way back in the day (mentioned in my initial post) .

Gentlegamer

Here's your avatar

IMG
IMG