@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Spotted a BC-FX for 5500 yen...

Started by wilykat, 05/02/2016, 03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilykat

Dunno if anyone knows this. Now and then in various Anime I see consoles that are obviously based on real console but often with intentionally misspelled name or completely different name. Today I caught the elusive PC-FX console (intentionally named as BC-FX) in an anime:
IMG
and get this: only 5500 yen.  That shop is rather expensive it seems considering I see a few boxed PC-FX sell for about $100 each.

Anime Asobi ni iku yo!  (English title Fill In)

12 episodes plus OVA, it's about alien race who looks like human with cat ear and tail coming to Earth and becoming friend with a boy and ends up getting chased by sci-fi fanatics and government agencies while the cat race negotiate for connection with Earth simply because Japanese food are all great tasting!  Comedy, boobies galore, and probably worth watching if you can get them.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

Very cool. Please post any and all consoles you find or are aware of in a mega thread in the console section. =D>
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

elmer

That's so neat, thanks for sharing that!

And the anime was made fairly-recently in 2010 which, I guess, means that somebody in Japan still has fond memories of the old "BX-FX".  :)

esteban

That's awesome.

I'll echo CrackTiger...but feel free to note any handhelds  as well as consoles....
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/02/2016, 02:22 PMVery cool. Please post any and all consoles you find or are aware of in a mega thread in the console section. =D>
Is there a thread like this already?  I remember seeing a Genesis in some anime awhile back. 

NecroPhile

There's this thread, but it's geared towards Turbobs (and broken links).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

I'd specifically love to see a thread dedicated to consoles and games appearing in anime. I've seen so many instances of various consoles posted across various forums.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/03/2016, 06:48 PMI'd specifically love to see a thread dedicated to consoles and games appearing in anime. I've seen so many instances of various consoles posted across various forums.
That would be fun. :)

JoshTurboTrollX

Awesome find!  If the show is relatively safe for kids (ages 8-12) I'll have to check this out!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ClodBusted

Devil Hunter Yohko has a lot of 16 and 8bit consoles laying on the floor in one of the episodes. I'll have a look at my DVDs and will post a screenshot tonight.

ClodBusted

Double post alarm, so sue me.

Since somebody uploaded the episodes onto Youtube in 480p anyway, I didn't care about doing ugly interlaced screenshots from my old PAL DVDs. They fulfill their purpose of showing that Yohko is pretty much an early 90s gaming geek.

I spotted an odd white coloured GameGear, Lynx and PC Engine Duo (with black Multitap and controller), while the Mega Drive and Super Famicom retain their original colours.

Plus, have a look at the power supply bricks in the last picture.

IMG

IMG

IMG

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2016, 03:31 PMDouble post alarm, so sue me.

Since somebody uploaded the episodes onto Youtube in 480p anyway, I didn't care about doing ugly interlaced screenshots from my old PAL DVDs. They fulfill their purpose of showing that Yohko is pretty much an early 90s gaming geek.

I spotted an odd white coloured GameGear, Lynx and PC Engine Duo (with black Multitap and controller), while the Mega Drive and Super Famicom retain their original colours.

Plus, have a look at the power supply bricks in the last picture.

IMG

IMG

IMG
Ok, someone had screenshots of this year's ago...I think  it was called Oh My Goddess:

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

ClodBusted

What is she doing to that poor PCE? Attempting a region mod?

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2016, 06:26 PMWhat is she doing to that poor PCE? Attempting a region mod?
I am pretty sure she is fixing a loose RF connector.

wilykat

The anime I saw BC-FX in also has obvious Spice (orange) Gamecube, what looks like Dreamcast with too many controller ports, and a 3DO console that had been taking steroid.

Hunter x Hunter has game consoles, which doesn't directly resemble any known consoles but it kind of looks like early PSX with 2 memory card slot that could be expanded with multi tap adapter.

There's also Famicom in Baka to Test.

Monster Rancher (or Monster Farmer in Japan) plays on PSX and it appeared quite a few times in the first episode.

xcrement5x

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2016, 06:26 PMWhat is she doing to that poor PCE? Attempting a region mod?
Yup, that is Ah My Goddess.  The character is Skuld and she is like the techie one so she's always building stuff out of whatever she has around the house.  I think that's the episode where she builds Banpei, which if I remember right is in the first season of the more recent anime series they did. 

CrackTiger

I love how the Mega Drive in DHY is using an XMD-3 for s-video. :)

geise

Yeah, I love the idea of a thread for this stuff.  Another thread specifically for "classic game parodies" in anime would be nice as well.  If I can find enough I might start a thread for that. 

That Ah! Megami-sama shot is awesome haha.  Dedication right there.