10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Started by wakigatame, 08/17/2016, 06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wakigatame

Hey guys, I'm a huge fan of the Fire Pro Wrestling games and after years of wanting to play the PC Engine games, I finally took the plunge and bought all three of 'em on eBay...without actually owning the system. I signed up here because I figured if I was going to buy the console, I was probably gonna buy more games and then I'd want people to discuss them with so here I am. Also I kind of need help deciding what version of the PC Engine best fits my needs as someone who doesn't have a lot of disposable income.

With that said, I look forward to figuring all of this out and getting to know the board a bit better!

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard!  Those are some different games to have drawn you to PCE, but hopefully you'll like 'em.

If you want to get by for cheap, it's hard to beat a core system; any one of the three (original white PCE, Coregrafx, or Coregrafx II) should get the job done, though you'd have to tap composite off the expansion port for an original white PCE, while the other two have composite out natively.

A Duo would be cheapest in the long run, but it'd cost quite a bit more and the three games you really want to play aren't discs anyway.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

wakigatame

Quote from: guest on 08/17/2016, 06:36 PMWelcome aboard!  Those are some different games to have drawn you to PCE, but hopefully you'll like 'em.

If you want to get by for cheap, it's hard to beat a core system; any one of the three (original white PCE, Coregrafx, or Coregrafx II) should get the job done, though you'd have to tap composite off the expansion port for an original white PCE, while the other two have composite out natively.

A Duo would be cheapest in the long run, but it'd cost quite a bit more and the three games you really want to play aren't discs anyway.
Thanks for the reply! I've been a huge fan of Fire Pro for a long time so I figure I'll like the PCE games too. I'm gonna look into buying a coregrafx system. What's a reasonable price for the console complete? There's a couple on eBay that are around $100, is that a good price? Sorry for all the questions but PCE is one console I really don't know much about at all.

blueraven

Welcome to the forums. Fire Pro Wrestling is probably one of the last games you can still get sealed for $5, so you def. picked the right favorite genre.

crazydean

Welcome!

That seems like a reasonable price on ebay. You may want to get one that has been region-modded to play US games, though. On the other hand, you could buy a turbo everdrive. This will allow you to play US games without a region mod.

EDIT: Black Tiger has one on here for $80+shipping.

esteban

Welcome, comrade. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Warbucks

NecroPhile

Quote from: wakigatame on 08/17/2016, 06:48 PMI'm gonna look into buying a coregrafx system. What's a reasonable price for the console complete? There's a couple on eBay that are around $100, is that a good price?
That's pretty good for a shipped price.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

tbone3969

Welcome and enjoy your stay.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."