10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

SUPER BOMBERMAN R opening cinematic (Nintendo Switch)

Started by SGX Engine, 02/13/2017, 06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGX Engine

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Michirin9801

Hoo boy, I recognise those villains! They're from Super Bomberman 2! (Or so it seems)
Very nice ^^
But umm... The English Dub is bad >w>

Dicer

Gredler

Quote from: Dicer on 02/13/2017, 01:20 PMSuper lazy...
What makes you say that? Do you know who worked on it? I am not aware, but would imagine this was made by a single person in a week or two, and was probably a grip of work.

Dicer

Quote from: Gredler on 02/13/2017, 02:03 PM
Quote from: Dicer on 02/13/2017, 01:20 PMSuper lazy...
What makes you say that? Do you know who worked on it? I am not aware, but would imagine this was made by a single person in a week or two, and was probably a grip of work.
The whole projects smacks of "omg launch money" I mean I'm happy there is new bomberman, but the level of effort is obviously pretty low...

NecroPhile

It's an opening cut scene for Bomberman, not the latest sequel to Final Fantasy or Ys.  What do you expect?

JoshTurboTrollX

lol, AWESOME!  I'm excited to pick this up at launch!!  YAY NEW BOMBERMAN!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Dicer

Quote from: guest on 02/13/2017, 03:08 PMIt's an opening cut scene for Bomberman, not the latest sequel to Final Fantasy or Ys.  What do you expect?
I expect more effort or a lower cost, frankly...I'm fully aware it's not some grand RPG

It looks about as good as any mid-tier digital effort anywhere else, when they could have done more.

This REALLY should be a $30 title but again launch and all that....they will make bank because people will be clamoring for a second title aside from BOTW.

Anyway, it's Konami, so I'm kinda shocked we even got this at all.

SignOfZeta

It looks about the same as Bomberman Land, the last decent Bomberman game I played, also for a Nintendo system (GC). I'll get it for sure, assuming I'll actually be able to find the fucking system in a store, which seems to be a huge problem for Nintendo lately. I was at my local Target the other day and they had one (1) Nintendo system in the entire store, some gaudy SE New 3DS. I don't know how they expect to move the mountains of DS and WiiU software they have sitting around with nothing to play it on.  I've still never seen a NES Classic.
IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/13/2017, 04:40 PMIt looks about the same as Bomberman Land, the last decent Bomberman game I played, also for a Nintendo system (GC). I'll get it for sure, assuming I'll actually be able to find the fucking system in a store, which seems to be a huge problem for Nintendo lately. I was at my local Target the other day and they had one (1) Nintendo system in the entire store, some gaudy SE New 3DS. I don't know how they expect to move the mountains of DS and WiiU software they have sitting around with nothing to play it on.  I've still never seen a NES Classic.
I went into a Gamestop two weeks ago and asked about the NES Classic and all the workers laughed at me.  It was an audacious question after all, to ask to buy a video game system at a video game specialty store...

I have a feeling Switch won't be too hard to get, maybe not day one, but if it is like the Wii U they restocked quickly.  There is zero chance of another Wii phenomenon, so you won't run into that kind of drought.

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

sirhcman

Quote from: TheClash603 on 02/13/2017, 11:43 PMI have a feeling Switch won't be too hard to get, maybe not day one, but if it is like the Wii U they restocked quickly.  There is zero chance of another Wii phenomenon, so you won't run into that kind of drought.
Did the Wii U even need a restock quickly? LOL!  Also this is Nintendo, they have been known to create an artificial "hype" by choking supply to retailers. I wouldn't be surprised if it is difficult to get at MSRP for quite a long time. They can't even make the stupid little NES Classics available at retail and we are nearly 3 months after launch!

Dicer

Girl in the start is dead cute, too bad the game is not...

TheClash603

Quote from: Dicer on 02/15/2017, 12:30 AMGirl in the start is dead cute, too bad the game is not...
I don't speak Japanese, but I think those were both dudes.

NecroPhile

It looks like fun to me, but I don't particularly care for how the playfield keeps shifting around and zooming.  It's a single screen.... just stop it.

Dicer

jlued686

Lifted from this thread on NeoGAF.

EDIT: God damn...those images are huge. Here are the direct links:
https://i.imgur.com/DV0WPlu.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/JLZTzfJ.jpg

IMG

IMG

NecroPhile

At least it got a physical release and not just a stupid download.

Quote from: KingDrool on 02/24/2017, 03:55 PMEDIT: God damn...those images are huge.
Change the first image tag to [img width=600] (or whatever width looks good to you) to have it automatically resized.  You can instead set the height or even set both and skew the proportions.

jlued686

Dicer

- runs at 30fps
 ](*,) in 2017
- runs at the Switch's full resolution in each mode
- online will be for Battle Mode only
- cooperative Story Mode will not be available online, only locally
- online will utilize matchmaking through lobbies
- connect with random opponents and friends

SignOfZeta

Everyone knows Nintendo's worst games are all 30fps. We're all FUCKED.
IMG

Sarumaru

This was the second title I preordered alomg with the obvious zelda preorder. When it comes to Bombermans, the visuals are less important so long as the gameplay is funs.

Gredler

I like the visuals, the PBR combo with cartoonie style looks like a pixar style, I dig it.

TheClash603

I'm going to have 3 or 4 guys over tonight to give this a try.  Would love to play 10 player mode, if 5 more of you want to come over and at least 4 of you have your own controllers.

sirhcman

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/03/2017, 12:10 PMI'm going to have 3 or 4 guys over tonight to give this a try.  Would love to play 10 player mode, if 5 more of you want to come over and at least 4 of you have your own controllers.
I think it only supports up to 8 players

esadajr

One of the two exclusive physical releases and it wasn't that great.
Gaming since 1985

Gredler

I picked this up on launch day and haven't opened it because Zelda hasnt stopped being played yet, I may return it.

Half of my purchase was to encourage Konami to make more games, but I've heard such horrible things that even if they are encouraged it may not be for the best. I wish their licenses would get shifted, or a team steps up and makes a worthy knockoff.

The more I see knockoffs doing a better job than reboots the more I realize that the gameplay is what needs to be resurrected than the franchise.

Gredler

I ended up returning this, never opening or  playing the game, but now I kind of wonder if I should've held onto it.

It looks like they are patching this to make better decisions, lowering the resolution of the game to allow it to run at 60fps and control a bit smoother.
Is anyone playing this, what are your opinions on the game?

TheClash603

I enjoy the game quite a bit.  My friend and I played through the co-op story once, which is always my favorite Bomberman mode, and I quite liked it.

I have played online and the connection is much better with the new update, just need to set options to only play people near you.  If you don't change this setting, you will be playing a slideshow.

Once this game is $30, I would highly suggest you rebuy...  and hopefully people will still be playing online.

Digi.k

I can't even defeat the boss on the first world !! O_o

TheClash603

Quote from: Digi.k on 05/11/2017, 05:39 PMI can't even defeat the boss on the first world !! O_o
My friend and I played on easy so we didn't waste too many coins continuing.  I dont recall any challenges, but we were a combo and the level helped I'm sure.

Maybe start easy and then bump up once you get the pattern?

Digi.k

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/12/2017, 08:27 AM
Quote from: Digi.k on 05/11/2017, 05:39 PMI can't even defeat the boss on the first world !! O_o
My friend and I played on easy so we didn't waste too many coins continuing.  I dont recall any challenges, but we were a combo and the level helped I'm sure.

Maybe start easy and then bump up once you get the pattern?
figured it out or maybe I was lucky.  I couldn't figure out how to pick up bombs and throw them but that seems to stun the boss if it bounces off them.

I really like the music in this game

Digi.k

there's been an update for Bomber R recently.

IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: Digi.k on 07/03/2017, 04:35 AMthere's been an update for Bomber R recently.

IMG
Very happy with the price, figured they were gonna make these very grindy.

esteban

10 rupees?

I can handle that.

How do I transfer funds from my The Legend of Zelda (NES) file to Nintendo Switch store?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: esteban on 07/03/2017, 11:57 AM10 rupees?

I can handle that.

How do I transfer funds from my The Legend of Zelda (NES) file to Nintendo Switch store?
Give me $100 and I'll tell you.

Digi.k

Digi.k

and it's going multi platform..

XB1, PS4, PC
IMG

with platform exclusive characters
IMG

Purple1308

It feels weird to have bomberman speak or boss others around. Though the plot kinda seemed simple.

Purple1308

Quote from: Purple1308 on 03/15/2018, 11:30 PMIt feels weird to have bomberman speak or boss others around. Though the plot kinda seemed simple.
It's kinda great to see konami try working on video games though. Hopefully it isn't pay to win.

sirhcman

TheClash603

Quote from: Purple1308 on 03/15/2018, 11:37 PM
Quote from: Purple1308 on 03/15/2018, 11:30 PMIt feels weird to have bomberman speak or boss others around. Though the plot kinda seemed simple.
It's kinda great to see konami try working on video games though. Hopefully it isn't pay to win.
Switch version was not pay to win.  Even the special characters were fairly easily obtainable in game.  As long as there are no changes, I'd recommend picking this up on other systems.

Switch online was laggy shit too, the PS4 and XB1 should improve on that.

Purple1308

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/16/2018, 06:25 PM
Quote from: Purple1308 on 03/15/2018, 11:37 PM
Switch version was not pay to win.  Even the special characters were fairly easily obtainable in game.  As long as there are no changes, I'd recommend picking this up on other systems.

Switch online was laggy shit too, the PS4 and XB1 should improve on that.
The only part I didn't like was the view of the field I wish it was top down instead of the corner view. But it be great to see better competition and not to much lag.

NecroPhile

I'm not surprised it's not happening, but it's too bad Vita isn't getting a port too.  I'd be all over it.

JoshTurboTrollX

Good on 'em for getting it out on other consoles, boo on no Vita support!  I'll totally check out the Simon Belmont character!  haha!  Maybe they'll do a Bonks DLC someday too?  I can dream right?
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Purple1308

Quote from: Necromancer on 03/19/2018, 09:52 AMI'm not surprised it's not happening, but it's too bad Vita isn't getting a port too.  I'd be all over it.
I know I be more happier for a vita version than any other version of this game. Hopefully Japan would a port but that  Probably won't happen.

Digi.k

ParanoiaDragon

I pre-ordered the PS4 version, would be nice if Bonk was in it, really want to see him come back.
IMG