New NEC/Hudson-KDE Console?

Started by Zorlac, 10/06/2017, 12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorlac

Stupid/crazy question, but has anyone ever confronted NEC and/or Hudson (Konami Digital Entertainment) and asked them to please consider a new console?

Would love to see a new console dedicated to gaming (no apps/streaming/netflix BS). Bring back HuCards as the media and of course the ability to download patches to said cards and have an online store (games only). The console could have high-end electronic components like the ntMini with a focus on audio/videophiles and the older more mature gaming connoisseur. ;)

Maybe even focus on 2D gaming rather than 3D. I could see a renaissance of awesome 2D 4K hand-drawn games with amazing Dolby Atmos audio, etc. JRPGs galore!

Yeah...yeah...I am an old school GenX'r that grew up as a hardcore TG16 fanboy, but I really think this could be a magical theoretical console!

SignOfZeta

You had the first part right...
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

I thought this was about a KDE theme for Linux.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

I'd rather see them make great new games for existing platforms.  Separate, limited hardware would be a waste of resources and leave them serving only a small portion of the overall gaming market.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

they need to make a 3D Bonk for Nintendo Switch. 

With how successful the 3D mario games are with the cartoony horseshit, there is no reason why a Bonk one wouldn't be excellent.

I'd even go so far as to say just let Nintendo make the damn game since Hudson's like

crippled now
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

crazydean

I have a hard time picturing a good 3D Bonk. I can only imagine a Bubsy 3D-esque picture

turboswimbz

Quote from: crazydean on 10/09/2017, 03:35 PMI have a hard time picturing a good 3D Bonk.
Oh I bet you do big boy. . .
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: crazydean on 10/09/2017, 03:35 PMI have a hard time picturing a good 3D Bonk. I can only imagine a Bubsy 3D-esque picture
Just imagine Super Mario World 3D with Bonk characters.

It's practically the same kind of thing.