@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Everdrive Black Friday sale today!

Started by crazydean, 10/12/2017, 05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazydean

I know it's a little early, but I've just been reminded that Krikzz does a 20% off Black Friday sale on everdrives every year. Does this interest you? What are you going to get?

I bought a Game Boy Pocket on the cheap a few months ago and have been playing it pretty often. Unfortunately, the GB Everdrive doesn't always work with the pocket. There's a hardware revision on order which may or may not be available by Black Friday. If not, I'll probably buy one anyway and sell the GBP.

I was also interested in the GBA Everdrive, but it seems that Krikzz will be making a better one sometime in the future, so I may just wait another year or two to get that one. I mean, I've waited this long without playing GBA, what's another year?

TDIRunner

I currently own all of Krikzz's stuff, so I have no need for this year's sale, but I purchases several of my flash carts through those sales over the years.  It's the best way to get a deal since used ones tend to hold their value pretty well, plus there is higher risk of getting a fake when buying used.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

jperryss

I bought my SD2SNES at last year's BF sale and my N8 the year before.

bartre

I've been thinking about a genesis everdrive for a while.
Might grab that and an sd2snes this year. We'll see

NecroPhile

I already have a TED, so I'm set unless he makes a 2600 everdrive.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gredler

I wonder if the 20% will stack onto a group buy for ultra mega savings?

N8 and SD2SNES are what I would be interested in getting

xcrement5x

SD2SNES is on my wishlist as well, but since apparently the design is open source it can be had much cheaper than purchasing through Krikzz if you look around.  If only the NeoSD or the CPS2 Multi was 20% off on Black Friday.

TDIRunner

Quote from: guest on 10/12/2017, 05:32 PMSD2SNES is on my wishlist as well, but since apparently the design is open source it can be had much cheaper than purchasing through Krikzz if you look around.  If only the NeoSD or the CPS2 Multi was 20% off on Black Friday.
Stone Age Gamer typically has Black Friday sales on their flash carts as well.  I'm not sure if they will include the NeoSD or not.  Unless I'm mixed up on my dates, won't this be the first Black Friday since it was released? 

And yes, SD2SNES is open source, but the quality from other manufacturers can vary.  Krikzz is known for supporting his products, but obviously, he only supports the SD2SNES units that he made. 

I own the SD2SNES, but I rarely use the extra features that it has over the standard Super Everdrive.  In fact, the only feature that I use is the MSU1 support for the unique sound on some SNES games.  It's a cool feature, but ultimately, I still prefer the original sound.  If I was doing to do it again, I would probably just buy the Super Everdrive and save the money for something else.  My only suggestion to anyone looking at the SN2SNES is to make sure they understand what the extra features are and think about whether or not you plan to use them.  I certainly knew what I was buying, but I figured I would use those features more often than I really do.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

jperryss

Quote from: TDIRunner on 10/12/2017, 05:44 PMI own the SD2SNES, but I rarely use the extra features that it has over the standard Super Everdrive.  In fact, the only feature that I use is the MSU1 support for the unique sound on some SNES games.  It's a cool feature, but ultimately, I still prefer the original sound.
In addition to the audio hacks, there are some really cool FMV ones too.

It's kinda crazy seeing these run on an actual SNES.

SNES Chrono Trigger with FMV

Road Blaster

majors

Def a good time to buy on BF from Krikzz. I'm with Nec, I have working TED(maybe some other stuff...like the Harmony) so nothing on my radar other than a SMS flash cart. I'd rather have a Mark iii form factor tho. If I recall, the SG-1000 games(the ones I care about) do not work over the PBC with a Genny.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

crazydean

Quote from: guest on 10/12/2017, 03:02 PMI already have a TED, so I'm set unless he makes a 2600 everdrive.
I always heard good things about the Harmony cart. I don't think they're all that expensive.

As for the group buy, I seem to recall him saying that he wouldn't do both, but I'm not certain on that.

Also, I got the SD2SNES, and I'm glad I did just for Mega Man X, X2, and X3. While I don't expect it to happen, it's always possible that more chip compatibility will come through software updates whereas the Super Everdrive probably won't get any more.

Phase

Bump, looks like the 20% deal is on.

HuMan

I can't justify spending $150 USD on a SD2SNES and my flash cart needs are pretty much met currently. I think I'll be skipping the Krikzz Black Friday bandwagon this year.

TR0N

I thought about buying another everdrive the x5 model for the genesis.Since the original i have is outdated by this point.If i do i'll probably check with stoneagegamer or retrogate for sales.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

seieienbu

So, I was debating on getting an everdrive.  Did that whole 3v/5v controversy ever have a decisive conclusion?  Is there an everdrive that will fry systems compared to one that won't?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

HuMan

SD2SNES, Mega Everdrive X5, Turbo Everdrive, EDN8 FC/NES and anything else recently made are good and won't fry anything.

bartre

That's what I thought.
too bad the difference between SD2SNES and the Super Everdrive isn't really worth it to me.

I'll still be ordering the NES and Mega Everdrive X5 tho

seieienbu

Quote from: HuMan on 11/24/2017, 03:12 AMSD2SNES, Mega Everdrive X5, Turbo Everdrive, EDN8 FC/NES and anything else recently made are good and won't fry anything.
Thanks for the info.

Groover

Ordered a TED V2 today.

Edit: Also it seems he plans to keep the sale up till the end of the month.
IMG

MobiusStripTech

Just a famicom and GB x7 for me this year. The only other ones I don't have are the master and game gear. Not picking those up though since they are supposed to get 5v compatible revisions potentially next year.

CrackTiger

Quote from: MobiusStripTech on 11/25/2017, 09:33 AMJust a famicom and GB x7 for me this year. The only other ones I don't have are the master and game gear. Not picking those up though since they are supposed to get 5v compatible revisions potentially next year.
Hopefully the GG Everdrive will also gain full game save support.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

seieienbu

So, I ordered an Everdrive on black Friday and it still hasn't arrived.  The last update was it passing through a facility in Kiev on Christmas day.  At this point I'm wondering if anyone else's order is taking forever, if I should email krikkz, etc.

HuMan

Krikzz and Retrogate probably the vast majority of their yearly orders during the Black Friday sale, you may be waiting a long time yet.

turboswimbz

Quote from: seieienbu on 01/09/2018, 01:10 PMSo, I ordered an Everdrive on black Friday and it still hasn't arrived.  The last update was it passing through a facility in Kiev on Christmas day.  At this point I'm wondering if anyone else's order is taking forever, if I should email krikkz, etc.
Mine just arrived last week.  Mine routed through Poland though.  It very well be caught up in the ports (possible with the weather too).  Port Elizabeth here in NJ has been a nightmare.  I'd look into it if you don't see in the coming weeks.  BF may have been busy but it sounds like yours was already shipped.  I would say rule of thumb is 2-4 weeks after it leaves Europe for me when I have things shipped from there.
so I'm guessing it will be in your mail box pretty soon. 
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

schnuth

I got my Everdrive Black Friday order a week ago.  This time of year is horrible for international shipping and customs clearance. I've had a package in customs for over a week now. Patience is a virtue.

crazydean

My GB X7 came last week also. The tracking basically said it was in Europe and I didn't have an update for two weeks. Then suddenly it arrived.

If you don't have it yet, give it another week. It's possible yours just got postmarked a bit late or ran through customs.

bartre

yeah, I got notification that my order shipped, last update was the 25th of Dec.
I'm guessing it'll come any day now for me

seieienbu

Thanks to everyone for the info.

Quote from: bartre on 01/09/2018, 05:47 PMyeah, I got notification that my order shipped, last update was the 25th of Dec.
I'm guessing it'll come any day now for me
Well, I'm glad I'm not alone here.

Groover

I just got my TED V2 a few days ago. Ordered it on Black Friday.
IMG

xcrement5x

Yeah, shipping normally took a loooong time when I got mine a couple years back.

seieienbu

Everdrive finally delivered today.  It's been more than 2 months since I ordered it.  Better late than never!

bartre

yeah, I got mine like Thursday or something, lol

schnuth

Dang talk about snail mail. Glad they showed up!

crazydean

My guess is that he ships in batches on a first come-first serve basis.

seieienbu

That sounds about right; it was mailed exactly a month after I ordered it.  Still took longer than a month to reach me from Kiev though.