The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Uh...Hey

Started by SiberianSpForces, 10/24/2017, 12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiberianSpForces

Hi! Got directed to the site from an AtariAge'r(CrackTiger). Man, I've had my JP Duo over 10 years, maybe a couple more. An eBay win. I got it solely for the purpose of playing Rondo Of Blood, after playing on my brother's Duo. Even found an eBay auction for Rondo, going for $25, w/obi strip, back then. I got it up around $125 and quit. I wasn't about to see how high their proxy went. :P I have a small collection, handful of superCD's, 3 or 4 HuCards and a loaded Everdrive. I started playing games on my grandparent's Commodore Plus/4 and Intellivision when I was 4/5ish. Then came the NES, GB, SNES, Sega, PS,....ect. My brother is the reason we grew up with games. His collection dwarfs mine, by a lot! Yeah, I hope to pickup some tips for the Duo, maybe even give some in time, and mingle with you guys.

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard!

My only tips are to burn some CDRs (Drac X!) to go with the everdrive, play some Hatris, and to get the Duo (assuming it's not an R/RX) recapped if not done yet.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SiberianSpForces

Thanks! Definitely interested in trying out a burned game. My Duo is a good 'ol Duo, so I already picked up a cap set from Console5. I noticed recently it had developed the Sound Issue™ and I have replaced the 4 4.7 caps by the headphone jack. Then noticed the big 1k cap leaked, so that's also been replaced. Didn't notice any more leaking caps, so I closed it up and I need to run it for a couple hours to see if that fixed it.

NecroPhile

I wouldn't stop there.  They're all of equal age and poopy quality, so I'd do all the caps now; you never know if there's leakage and damage occurring out of sight under the caps.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2017, 03:15 PMI wouldn't stop there.  They're all of equal age and poopy quality, so I'd do all the caps now; you never know if there's leakage and damage occurring out of sight under the caps.
Yeah this really is a good idea, Trust me once they start going they all do.  I had one that looked good but under a bunch of the caps was not pretty.

Also WELCOME to the funny farm, anyone BT says is good peeps is alright in my book.

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

SiberianSpForces

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2017, 03:15 PMI wouldn't stop there.  They're all of equal age and poopy quality, so I'd do all the caps now; you never know if there's leakage and damage occurring out of sight under the caps.
True, I didn't even see the 1k leakage until I had a light on it. I checked them all with a light before I put the top back on. I'll more than likely tackle them over a span of a few days.

CrackTiger

Welcome aboard, HAR, HAAARRR, HAAAAAARRRRRR! :)
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SignOfZeta

I am going to click on this thread so many times...
IMG

SiberianSpForces

SiberianSpForces

Well, I did burn Double Dragon II, and it works. I burned it at the lowest speed that I could choose, 16x. I don't think I have a slower speed drive. All 3 start at 16x.

Arkhan Asylum

best title ever.

"uh heyyyyy"
"suhhhhhhhhhhhh dude"

lol
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

blueraven

Welcome, I'm sure there will be plenty of people here who can help you get that Duo recapped an back on the road.

Sarumaru

Welcome... TO YOUR DOOOOOM!!!  :twisted:

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Ѕarumaru on 10/31/2017, 02:19 PMWelcome... TO YOUR DOOOOOM!!!  :twisted:
*brororooroeroworowrowooreoreoeooreororoeroo*

thats the noise that it makes after that
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Sarumaru

Quote from: guest on 10/31/2017, 02:49 PM
Quote from: Ѕarumaru on 10/31/2017, 02:19 PMWelcome... TO YOUR DOOOOOM!!!  :twisted:
*brororooroeroworowrowooreoreoeooreororoeroo*

thats the noise that it makes after that
Like, the Stranger Things horn?

Arkhan Asylum

no like the brrblblsrbslrbslrbslbuereuweroweorwoero noise when uncle fester turns into a monster and you beat his ass

Bardoly

Welcome to Pcenginefx!

esteban

Quote from: SiberianSpForces on 10/28/2017, 11:47 AMWell, I did burn Double Dragon II, and it works. I burned it at the lowest speed that I could choose, 16x. I don't think I have a slower speed drive. All 3 start at 16x.
Welcome, comrade!

Double Dragon II is enjoyable. It's a game that I've grown to like more and more and more over the years.

Even my twins (6 years old), who didn't get very far without using continues, thought it was fun.

SHAMELESS SHILL (sorry!)...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SiberianSpForces