OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

New PC Engine Duo owner

Started by squeeb, 07/12/2018, 11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squeeb

Hi all, new here.  Few months ago I decided I wanted to pull the trigger on a Duo, but to avoid the prices of a working system, I picked up a "broken" one.  Countless YouTube videos later, I learned much about the Duo internals and how to solder.  Here is an album of my restoration:

imgur . com/gallery/BDoGGXx

I'm proud of how it turned out; this was my first time attempting something like this.  It's nice to save a classic system from the junk pile.  See you all around on the forums!

NightWolve

Hiya squeeb, welcome to the forums! I activated your account sooner since you're in Japan.

I'm glad the full capacitor replacement job for your Turbo Duo was successful! I see you picked up a console5.com PCE/Duo cap kit to do it - there are better options nowadays (low ESR Panasonic capacitors) but understandable you went for that.

Anyway, enjoy your Dracula X play time! We're starting a PCEFX review section, and wouldn't you know Dracula X went up first. :)

squeeb

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/13/2018, 02:37 AMHiya squeeb, welcome to the forums! I activated your account sooner since you're in Japan.

I'm glad the full capacitor replacement job for your Turbo Duo was successful! I see you picked up a console5.com PCE/Duo cap kit to do it - there are better options nowadays (low ESR Panasonic capacitors) but understandable you went for that.

Anyway, enjoy your Dracula X play time! We're starting a PCEFX review section, and wouldn't you know Dracula X went up first. :)
Thanks, and I will look into those Panasonic caps!

Good to know about the review section  8)