Lost Sunheart and Zombie Nation connection

Started by nopepper, 09/12/2018, 11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nopepper

Years ago, I read a review in Gamepro of Zombie Nation and the weird screenshots and premise were intriguing enough to put it in my mental todo list. Fast forward some ~30 years later, and thanks to the magic of everdrive, I was able to give this one some burn.

Right off the bat, as soon as I heard the sound effects and music in the opening story text, I thought of my favorite obscure PCE huey, The Lost Sunheart. As I kept playing, the more similarities I could find, not only in the music and sound, but also in the art direction and overall style of the games.

Did some research, and found that this gentleman seemed to have worked on both games: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,235763/

I'm sure you love Lost Sunheart too, and you were curious about this, so here it is - confirmed by the interwebs. Now you can carry on with your day.

exodus

I do like the lost sunheart!!! but I'd never heard of zombie nation. I'll give it a look, then. This floating head thing is odd!

nectarsis

I vaguely remember Zombie Nation bitd (rental/friends house maybe).  I will say, looked it up on Youtube, it has some damn good tunes.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436