10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

AVGC obey preaching

Started by majors, 09/19/2018, 12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

majors

IMG
IMG

rest of the pic's

Last weekend at AVGC, I had a few retro goodness to share. Event is very games concentric, over dealers and guests. Met up with Johnpv, Este and Ninja Spirit(MIA to fb) to talk turbo and smack on SNES. Everything was in one large expo hall which has is good and bad, but over all I had a good time at the event.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

tbone3969

Wow, all those great NEC systems all on PVMs.  So sweet.  And that MXS-2 looks interesting.  Never even knew that existed.  You can use a Genesis controller on it?
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

NightWolve

I had a boxed 13" CRT as seen in some of those photos, it had a really old skool form of S-Video, Luma/Y and Chroma as separate female RCA jacks (for Commodore pairing I think), but I gave it to a friend some years ago when his regular TV broke... As I've mentioned before, I've grown increasingly more comfortable in saying good-bye to CRT thanks to how LG 4K TVs have really advanced in picture quality way beyond the early & ugly LCD technology.

So I see someone got to play Ninja Spirit and SplatterHouse next to each other. I think I see Lords of Thunder on the 3rd monitor, but long shot guess as it's mostly white glare. Fine choices all around! :)

Who brought along all that NEC equipment BTW ? I see a shuttle, suitcase model, Japanese DUO-R, etc.

xcrement5x

You are doing the lords work majors

majors

Quote from: tbone3969 on 09/19/2018, 02:45 PMAnd that MXS-2 looks interesting ...[snip] You can use a Genesis controller on it?
Genny pad is a hack. I re-wired it to work on the MSX.

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/19/2018, 09:29 PMWho brought along all that NEC equipment BTW ? I see a shuttle, suitcase model, Japanese DUO-R, etc.
I brought 8 console setups (INTV, Mark III, SCV, CDX, PCE-CDROM, Shuttle, Duo RX, MSX2) to help support the show. As for the games, we where swapping them out throughout the show to offer a good mix of verity, but if an attendee was looking for a specific game, we would attempt to run it(if we had it)
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

JoeQuaker

That's a lot of cool stuff Majors! I liked those boxy CRT monitors but never owned one.
Mir ist kalt, so kalt...