The Turbo Memoirs - Now open!

Started by PCEngineFX, 05/05/2007, 03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

I am happy to announce that I have finalized a layout design for the site and have started working on the content.  The site has massively changed from what I thought I would be making so you can pretty much throw what I said before about the site out the window...

...and to make it a bigger surprise I won't be saying/showing anything of the site until it is done :P
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

SuperDeadite

Sounds fantastic!  I can't wait to check it out  :mrgreen:
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

BonkThis

PCEngineFX

Almost done guys - just need to finish the content (90% there) and then integrate it into the main pcengine-fx.com design.  Won't be long now....
IMG
IMG

BonkThis

wow wasnt expecting it this quick!! =D>

nat

Yeah, I was anticipating a summer 2027 unvieling, myself.

...Maybe early fall.

PCEngineFX

I am happy to announce that the Turbo Memoirs is now open.  You can check it out at https://www.pcengine-fx.com/TM/.  Please note that the site was made for a resolution of at least 1280x1024.
IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Woo-Hoo!!  I'm really digging the shot of the TE's Select and Run buttons (the extreme close up makes the plastic almost look metallic).  Thanks and keep up the fine work.  =D>
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PCEngineFX

Thanks! (you're quick hehe)  I'm thinking for next update offering the images in wallpaper form.  All images were heavily altered in Photoshop to give each one the "look" I wanted for the site instead of just offering plain-looking closeups.
IMG
IMG

nat

Slick looking site.

Are you going to be adding regular content updates or is it kind of a one-off deal?

Ninja Spirit

I really like the fonts you used, they give the systems that sense of "importance".

BonkThis

awesome site! Worth The wait!

I found that even though I am running 1024x768 I still had to scroll to the right to view the full photo size, is that on purpose?

PCEngineFX

Quote from: BonkThis on 05/15/2007, 01:37 PMawesome site! Worth The wait!

I found that even though I am running 1024x768 I still had to scroll to the right to view the full photo size, is that on purpose?
Oh sorry, I should have said that it is made for 1280x1024 res...(fixed)

Sorry for having you scroll BTW - but I didn't want to compromise the size/quality of the imagery (wanted to make them as large as possible so that you can see the detail).
IMG
IMG

PCEngineFX

Quote from: nat on 05/15/2007, 12:45 PMSlick looking site.

Are you going to be adding regular content updates or is it kind of a one-off deal?
Yes, there will be additional content to the site in the future.  I can already tell you that for the next update a new set of imagery will be available, however when the update will happen, I can not say (I'm not on a regular update schedule so it can be anytime).
IMG
IMG

BonkThis

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 05/15/2007, 01:40 PM
Quote from: BonkThis on 05/15/2007, 01:37 PMawesome site! Worth The wait!

Oh sorry, I should have said that it is made for 1280x1024 res...(fixed)

Sorry for having you scroll BTW - but I didn't want to compromise the size/quality of the imagery (wanted to make them as large as possible so that you can see the detail).
OK thats what I thought I just wanted to make sure  :wink:

Turbo D

Sweet site dude, keep up the good work  =D>
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

chop5

cool gallery pics,i want to see more   :)
AKA jetblue
Gentlemen behold...The chopsado!
IMG
tg-16 region converter or some weird bow tie

Joe Redifer

Some of your pics beg to be in 3D, like this (red eye=LEFT)

IMG

That's a picture I took (two actually).  My camera sucks at macro, so I apologize.

Keranu

Fantastic pictures, Aaron! The TGCD shot is my favorite.

Joe that 3-D picture rules! Of course I am dorky enough to have two pairs of 3D glasses on my desk so I was able to view it immediately :D . My youngest brother will love that as he is obsessed with 3-D images. Please make more!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

PCEngineFX

Hey!  Don't copy my work! :P  J/K - Damn, I don't have any 3D glasses anywhere here............. sob.

....but that does give me an interesting idea though....
IMG
IMG

Turbo D

Quote from: Keranu on 05/15/2007, 11:44 PMOf course I am dorky enough to have two pairs of 3D glasses on my desk so I was able to view it immediately :D .
I thought I was the only one with 3D glasses on my desk,  :lol: I got mine from a cheerios cerial box  8)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

Quote from: PcenginefxHey!  Don't copy my work! :P  J/K
Never fear, you have faaaaaar superior macro abilities than I.  Even on manual I can't get my camera to do a good macro.  I'll probably post a thread elsewhere in the forums with some of my 3D pics, and I'll take some new ones just for fun.

Joe Redifer

OldRover

Viewing at 1440x900, site looks good here. :D
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

esteban

Aaron: awesome! That's it. Awesome.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

offsidewing

The memoirs should be accompanied by the 2001 Space Odessey song playing in a continual loop.

It's fitting for the "larger than life" theme captured in the photos...

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Carparama

Sorry for responding so late - I somehow forgot this site existed! - but wow, I'm really enjoying this update.

Thanks for all hard work done on it.  It shows.  :)